Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

Well I don't believe this Direct Freight are delivering my new Brewzilla today from KL, I was told about a week but I am not complaining  😋🙃😀 What great news, very Happy Chappy.

Consignment Details

Consignment Number:     3430510090973
Pickup:     NOBLE PARK, VIC 3174
Deliver:     GLENELG NORTH, SA 5045

Estimated For Delivery:     Today after 2:30PM eta.png
Customer Ref:     MG 001085303
Despatch Date:     04/03/2022
Items:     2
POD Image:     No

Consignment Tracking Details

Date Location Status Items Label Details
08 Mar 2022 08:12:00 Adelaide On Board 2 Skip Navigation Links.
Collapse Label (click here to expand..)

WebResource.axd?d=1egZ1QwWhlJjQG_zb_Djtg 3430510090973001

WebResource.axd?d=BaeXoAzFiztwH9QM_r9F50 3430510090973002
08 Mar 2022 07:12:00 Adelaide Depot Scan 2 Skip Navigation Links.
07 Mar 2022 14:25:00 Melbourne(SE) Depot Scan 2 Skip Navigation Links.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well I don't believe this Direct Freight are delivering my new Brewzilla today from KL, I was told about a week but I am not complaining  😋🙃😀 What great news, very Happy Chappy.

Consignment Details

Consignment Number:     3430510090973
Pickup:     NOBLE PARK, VIC 3174
Deliver:     GLENELG NORTH, SA 5045

Estimated For Delivery:     Today after 2:30PM eta.png
Customer Ref:     MG 001085303
Despatch Date:     04/03/2022
Items:     2
POD Image:     No

Consignment Tracking Details

Date Location Status Items Label Details
08 Mar 2022 08:12:00 Adelaide On Board 2 Skip Navigation Links.
Collapse Label (click here to expand..)

WebResource.axd?d=1egZ1QwWhlJjQG_zb_Djtg 3430510090973001

WebResource.axd?d=BaeXoAzFiztwH9QM_r9F50 3430510090973002
08 Mar 2022 07:12:00 Adelaide Depot Scan 2 Skip Navigation Links.
07 Mar 2022 14:25:00 Melbourne(SE) Depot Scan 2 Skip Navigation Links.

Do you have the sparge water heating up yet.

Just a heads up..   if you want the bz35l  nice and shiney  you might want to passivate  the bz35l with neat stellarsan and leave it for 24hours  then just wash off   with warm water.

Enjoy had a feeling you was getting your new toy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

Do you have the sparge water heating up yet.

Just a heads up..   if you want the bz35l  nice and shiney  you might want to passivate  the bz35l with neat stellarsan and leave it for 24hours  then just wash off   with warm water.

Enjoy had a feeling you was getting your new toy

Do you mean before first use  or are you talking about after a brew & also what quantity ?

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Thanks, a tough read for a dummy like me but seems to not answer the question, is this bad.

I'll find out in a few weeks when I take the top off. Hopefully skimming the top off has helped.

And now we wait..

In most cases it is not bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

🤔 Well nice of you to have confidence, but then, how hard could it be ??

Daunting at first, but no matter what as @ozdevil said, you're making beer. Follow the basics. Sanitary, temp control and the rest follows. When you've got the feel you'll wonder why you didn't start years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Daunting at first, but no matter what as @ozdevil said, you're making beer. Follow the basics. Sanitary, temp control and the rest follows. When you've got the feel you'll wonder why you didn't start years ago.

Yeah I have watched that many videos over & over I see them in my sleep, hang on, what sleep !! 🤩

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Do you mean before first use  or are you talking about after a brew & also what quantity ?

before 1st use     and just enough  to go all over the inside of the kettle  

its not really needed but you can do it

but i do advise to give it the classic brewing clean 1st  becuase of machine oils from manufacturing they 
dont get rid of all the oils etc  

1 other thing i hope you are pretty strong as the jacket for the bz35l is tight fit   and where the seams meet up  is an interesting  place

• Like 2

I found a way to create a handy storage space in the room where I will be using the Brewzilla,

I would never use the bath ( I do have a shower ) & a couple of sections off an old desk fit perfectly. 2nd pic is where I will be brewing with the Brewzilla, I will put a table under the power points & there is a sink to drain when using the Immersion Chiller.

Probably wouldn't go down well with the SYMBO but I don't have one 🤣 Yes I will move the boxes.

20220309_130901.thumb.jpg.5bbda49f806a33cf125a3055e3046750.jpg20220309_131051.thumb.jpg.171be250c219f5986e9b83286268fd28.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Kölsch Numero Uno has clarified quite nicely with some time "jus' chillin'" 😋

image.thumb.png.4496c85acfeb99c2c6b6ff23d5153665.png

For a "MEDIUM" flocculator this fella is pretty well behaved!?!

Mmm till I bump the phhhharq out of him as I extract him from the Brew Fridge prior to kegging I spose ? 😬

image.thumb.png.a6ea11339ac1b8fb85f4cca3ea814fea.png

• Like 4

I pitched my red ale earlier today. I'd planned to pitch it yesterday but my break was shortened by stupid traffic jams so  rather than pull the cube out of the fridge I just left it in there with the yeast starter. As a result the pitching temperature was about 6 degrees by the time I'd poured in the wort and yeast and turned the controller back on. It's got up to around 13 now so should be at target 18 by the morning. Fermenting with the usual 1469, will do a 30g Cascade dry hop when it reaches FG. OG was about 1.041 so should be around the low 4% ABV. 

• Like 3

Started cold crashing my KB Lager today will add gelatine tomorrow night and probably keg on Sunday. The South German lager yeast finished 3 points lower at 1008. Tasted pretty good can’t wait. Trying to make up my mind whether to throw a Munich Dunkel on the yeast cake or make a Idaho7 IPA with a different yeast, decisions decisions!🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK now we are in business, the fun begins 😬🥴 but I am looking forward to setting it up 😃

20220308_153641.thumb.jpg.159a928aa9940d9f24d1c292adf6b9c2.jpg

Well done Phil, your adventure begins today. Good luck with it all mate, and don't forget to post some pics of your fine work young man. See, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Well done Phil, your adventure begins today. Good luck with it all mate, and don't forget to post some pics of your fine work young man. See, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. 😃

Cheers Mate,

I am just waiting on a couple of parts needed for the Immersion Chiller & some Silicone Hose & Camlocks, I had aimed for the weekend for the first brew but it will be mid-week before all parts are here, then it is on.

• Like 2

K2 on a backfill over K1... you can see the high tide dry yeast mark from the last brew 😋

(mmm and a wet floor in the background with the hot stellarsan steriliser being sloshed around widely and wildly 😆

Hopefully this fella will fire up a bit quicker than the last Dry Yeast Sprinkle Laggard that took a month of sundees to crank up 👍

And the beer should hopefully be a nice pale one even tho its usual good ol' brown current appearance.

image.thumb.png.1f36e73fa976c9101a2330c227c82983.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

260gms of Victoria Hops ( home grown ) 

Where's @Mickep's suggested WOW button ; )

Nice job Boys and a sociable MG growler and a CBC largie or two on the way through great stuff!!

Festive home grown hops - what a beautiful thing @Marksmans Gift Gully : )

Are they from the Adelaide Hills?

Just now, Itinerant Peasant said:

Where's @Mickep's suggested WOW button ; )

Nice job Boys and a sociable MG growler and a CBC largie or two on the way through great stuff!!

Festive home grown hops - what a beautiful thing @Marksmans Gift Gully : )

Are they from the Adelaide Hills?

All I know is he grows his own Hops & they smell divine even through the cryovac packaging. I will put them to good use in a couple of future brews.

• Like 2