Jump to content
Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?


Recommended Posts

Centennial pale ale. Made this with WY1272 American Ale which I resurrected after 18 months of not using. This was my go to yeast before Verdant came along. Not super clean like US05 or notty etc. Has some yeast character with a pleasant nutty taste. Doesn't make the hops pop like Verdant but makes a very nice beer. Its got me thinking of trying a pale ale with a 750ml starter each of Verdant and WY1272. I think that might make something truly awesome.

20220623_193602.jpg

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BlackSands said:

And, I'm actually thinking that instead of 100g of Sour Grapes they've maybe mistakenly put in 100g of Shepherds Delight - a kind of ultra dark crystal malt

Yes, looks like caraaroma in there and the taste descriptors fit too (same as shepherds and special b)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Northern Brewer Porter.

Looks stunnin, I should make a porter again.

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sparkling Ale get's a little nicer to drink each day but we all know what happens,

Yes, it keeps going and going

 

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Mountain Mid Mud

Looks yummy

 

16 hours ago, stquinto said:

Pluto gun runs frothy, maybe need a 3m line.

Must be blaardy cold - no fridge required.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Real ale 3 weeks old tomorrow 

1kg dme 

Wheat and crystal steep, 250 each

Centennial and Southern sublime hop tea at flameout and dry hop

Notty and kit yeast

 

IMG_20220623_140456.jpg

IMG_20220623_141027.jpg

IMG_20220623_141155.jpg

IMG_20220623_141346.jpg

Edited by PintsMeLocal
  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Real ale 3 weeks old tomorrow 

1kg dme 

Wheat and crystal steep, 250 each

Centennial and Southern sublime hop tea at flameout and dry hop

Notty and kit yeast

 

IMG_20220623_140456.jpg

IMG_20220623_141027.jpg

IMG_20220623_141155.jpg

IMG_20220623_141346.jpg

Wow.. that went down Fast 🤣

Looks Good

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought I ought have a port-er...

See what I did there? 🤪

Brewed this one for my daughter who came visiting frrom Brissy for a couple of weeks...  been over three years since we last had a beer together!   Not a bad brew  - we managed to demolish half a batch of this one,  quarter batch of a pale ale I also had on hand, the last few bottles of an English bitter and quite a few bottles of a golden ale I also had in stock.  Oh, and then there was the feijoa cider and red wine!  I think she has either a drinking problem or was just making up for the last three years! 🤣

This is a partial mash beer  - Gladfield malts and 1.5kg LME paired up with Bramling Cross and Sticklebract hops:

Porter_Jun2022.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

Got the Munich helles kegged,carbed and pouring. Absolutely stoked with this beer. Hits all the marks in an easy drinking euro lager. This keg won’t last long

 

A5131468-F379-4EBD-8E5C-516953E3A87C.jpeg

Looks sensational and you say that it tastes great - Munich Helles is now on my brew list, gotta try that beer!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Got the Munich helles kegged,carbed and pouring. Absolutely stoked with this beer. Hits all the marks in an easy drinking euro lager. This keg won’t last long

 

A5131468-F379-4EBD-8E5C-516953E3A87C.jpeg

i honestly havent seen a bad beer from you yet and this one is no exception

the clarity and carbonation look spot on  and looks like a great easy brew mate

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

333EC4DC-165E-4509-BC55-AEDF698615A4.thumb.jpeg.b393f6322dbf5bf2f094cfc52a75d0d0.jpeg

Hoppy Days Easy ESB whilst watching the Blues destroy Freo.

Couldn’t be happier really!

Beer looks great mate, really solid head, nice. I don't give two hoots about the Football but I am glad you are happy about something.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just Another Pale Ale on a Sunny arvo.

188350529_20220625_1556342.thumb.jpg.4f5cf5df237565d63807fd4704042925.jpg

these fence posts are getting to much in everyones posts lol  but David i want to drink a keg of that, it looks yummy mate, and carbonation i can see is good buddy

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

these fence posts are getting to much in everyones posts lol  but David i want to drink a keg of that, it looks yummy mate, and carbonation i can see is good buddy

Yes, it's a good brew, Nice simple K&K with some Carapils and Waimea hops.

Will move on to some real ale next, which is better, but the sun has gone..

Days are getting longer..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, kmar92 said:

Looks sensational and you say that it tastes great - Munich Helles is now on my brew list, gotta try that beer!

Definitely recommend it in the brewing arsenal. It’s basically a Pilsner with half the bitterness. Balance is the trick/key here. Malty sweetness balanced by dryness rather than bitterness. Weinstephaner have a great example 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i honestly havent seen a bad beer from you yet and this one is no exception

the clarity and carbonation look spot on  and looks like a great easy brew mate

Cheers mate. Trust me…I’ve made some grassers that’s for sure 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...