Jump to content
Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?


Recommended Posts

Just glorious drinking beer out of your own keg, huge thanks to @Hoppy81 for making this possible with his invaluable help & @Itinerant Peasantfor the inspiration to move into this wonderful world of kegging, this is a Real Ale 13 days @ 10psi.

My Office/Brewroom/Taproom is a little dark but I can assure you this is the best move I have made.

Cheers to all.

 

 

20220519_180730.jpg

20220519_170814.jpg

  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just glorious drinking beer out of your own keg, huge thanks to @Hoppy81 for making this possible with his invaluable help & @Itinerant Peasantfor the inspiration to move into this wonderful world of kegging, this is a Real Ale 13 days @ 10psi.

My Office/Brewroom/Taproom is a little dark but I can assure you this is the best move I have made.

Cheers to all.

 

 

20220519_180730.jpg

20220519_170814.jpg

How good is it?!

When I returned to home brewing a couple of years ago I was determined to escape the bottling curse. Beer on tap at home is the way to go and makes even the most average brew a thing of beauty.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

inspiration to move

Yep it's all good... and mate so well done as going AG and going kegging is a tough gig - and thanks to all those who helped me and esp @Red devil 44 Red with kegging...

Just maybe @Classic Brewing Co you need a decent fencepost somewhere for your Beer-ography?

image.thumb.png.7e011137ca99057ac55e703eed443888.png

 

  • Like 11
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Just maybe @Classic Brewing Co you need a decent fencepost somewhere for your Beer-ography?

Alright mate, thanks for the idea, I will hire a Bobcat & do some landscaping in my urban backyard but I am sure there would be those that object. For know I have to find the best location for Beerography 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

First pour of the strawberry gose. This beer is what you’d describe as a roller coaster. Sweet, salty, malty, and sour all rolled into one. The salty finish really keeps the thirst un quenched. Bit of a pyramid scheme of a beer. It’s keeps you thirsty while consuming. 
I’m far from knowledgeable on the sour side of things but the commercial versions I’ve had have poor foam retention I’m guessing that’s from the souring process. Not this bad boy. The 50% wheat gives it a great mouthfeel and a fluffy foamy toupee.
 

CEC88152-12DC-49AC-BBCC-4496A9029876.jpeg

Like @RDT2's Raspberry Sour, your brew has an amazing colour.  The flavour description makes me want one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

thanks for the idea

Mate in all honesty @Classic Brewing Co WGAF about the backdrop..... making own great Coopers KnK or AG with good technique and bottling or keggin whether carbox or nitro... it is all goooooood and am stoked to look forward to your AG2 whether in keg or bottle will be grand!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just glorious drinking beer out of your own keg, huge thanks to @Hoppy81 for making this possible with his invaluable help & @Itinerant Peasantfor the inspiration to move into this wonderful world of kegging, this is a Real Ale 13 days @ 10psi.

My Office/Brewroom/Taproom is a little dark but I can assure you this is the best move I have made.

Cheers to all.

 

 

20220519_180730.jpg

20220519_170814.jpg

You're totally welcome mate.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

My Modus Operandi Russian Imperial Stout.  What, this gets better with age?  You're kidding.  Is that possible?

Aromas of dark berries, coffee and chocolate.  The same with the flavour, plus roastiness.  Lovely and rich.  I will leave the rest to age for a while (well, maybe).

IMG_2985.JPG.82f4a7e9f0e51916afd4856fdb88709a.JPG

That sounds delicious. Presuming that it is an AG is there a similar kit recipe around?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

That sounds delicious. Presuming that it is an AG is there a similar kit recipe around?

 

Yes, BHF, it is an all grain recipe.  Click back through the links to see the recipe itself.

I am not aware of a kit equivalent recipe.  However, maybe something like:

  • Coopers Irish Stout
  • Coopers Dark Liquid Malt
  • Coopers Light Liquid Malt

Plus a hot steep/mini-mash of 300-400g each of

  • Melanoiden Malt
  • CaraRed
  • CaraHell
  • Chocolate Malt

Plus a hop boil to get 15-20 extra IBU's (say 20g of East Kent Golding for 30 minutes and another 30g of East Kent Golding for 10 minutes)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Yes, BHF, it is an all grain recipe.  Click back through the links to see the recipe itself.

I am not aware of a kit equivalent recipe.  However, maybe something like:

  • Coopers Irish Stout
  • Coopers Dark Liquid Malt
  • Coopers Light Liquid Malt

Plus a hot steep/mini-mash of 300-400g each of

  • Melanoiden Malt
  • CaraRed
  • CaraHell
  • Chocolate Malt

Plus a hop boil to get 15-20 extra IBU's (say 20g of East Kent Golding for 30 minutes and another 30g of East Kent Golding for 10 minutes)

Thanks Shamus, I might give it a try ( it's definatly in the cue of recipes I have to try, there are sooo many beers to brew and so little time). Will it be a big bubbler (high krausen) as I only have a 25l FV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...