Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

How??

two routes to the same result. Not sure what I was thinking when I said you contradicted yourself.

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

can be compared to putting way too much sugar in a bottle and drinking it early. 

Well no, because that beer will become over carbded.

Both kegs are empty, pilsner spluttered Monday night and the red ale last night. No idea when they'll be filled again, I'm planning a brew day next Saturday, but if the useless weather ruins golf for the second week in a row I may play both days next weekend. Might be able to sneak a brew day in on Sunday if things are cancelled, but if I can get one game in things will stay as planned. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Both kegs are empty, pilsner spluttered Monday night and the red ale last night. No idea when they'll be filled again, I'm planning a brew day next Saturday, but if the useless weather ruins golf for the second week in a row I may play both days next weekend. Might be able to sneak a brew day in on Sunday if things are cancelled, but if I can get one game in things will stay as planned. 

Bugger 2 so close together, I am dreading that sound but it's early days for me with the keg & I haven't been attacking everyday, just sneaking up on it quietly, I have been drinking out of smaller glasses to try & make it last, the trouble is, it tastes better everyday.

That weather you are getting sounds like a PITA but there ain't much you can do about it, Good Luck with your brew day if you are able.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

@PintsAtMeLocal the short life of a glass of beer 🤣

Nicie photo essay mate, looks like a lovely drop with the head all the way to the bottom of the glass...

Cheers Sainter I told my wife these IPAs are dangerous can't control myself, especially now that I've added grain steeping to my arsenal🍻🤣😂😅

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bugger 2 so close together, I am dreading that sound but it's early days for me with the keg & I haven't been attacking everyday, just sneaking up on it quietly, I have been drinking out of smaller glasses to try & make it last, the trouble is, it tastes better everyday.

That weather you are getting sounds like a PITA but there ain't much you can do about it, Good Luck with your brew day if you are able.

It's a joke to be honest. We shouldn't be getting this weather at this time of year, we shouldn't be getting this relentless miserable crap at all really but yeah, can't do anything about it. I have to restock a couple of things as well as replace the water distiller, although I have enough water for a couple of kegs so that's not urgent. Need more citric acid for cleaning the urn, extract for starters, and a 5 litre flask since the one I had decided to break the other day. I'll get there eventually 🥴

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yes it's a crap photo Apologies

But the Münchner Helles after a good while in the keg - fast carbed to begin with - WGAS whether fast or slow - time for the beer to sit cold and think at around 12-16PSI is a beautiful thing... at least a month now....

and then poured with Nitro as the push just cos of location re fridges and kegs and gas...

in me festive new filthy french 1664 Vinnies Glass which actually is great for a keg pour...

and the beer is just PURE GOLD

image.thumb.png.050232586ee0a5ce300e75067a9610ca.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yes it's a crap photo Apologies

But the Münchner Helles after a good while in the keg - fast carbed to begin with - WGAS whether fast or slow - time for the beer to sit cold and think at around 12-16PSI is a beautiful thing... at least a month now....

and then poured with Nitro as the push just cos of location re fridges and kegs and gas...

in me festive new filthy french 1664 Vinnies Glass which actually is great for a keg pour...

and the beer is just PURE GOLD

image.thumb.png.050232586ee0a5ce300e75067a9610ca.png

Hope your beer is better than 1664 IP mate, 1664 is ghastly stuff 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Might be able to sneak a brew day in on Sunday

I heated water overnight, did an all day mash and boiled when I got home from a 12 hour shift.

Made a great stout.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, interceptor said:

I heated water overnight, did an all day mash and boiled when I got home from a 12 hour shift.

Made a great stout.

Yeah that ain't happening 🤣

If it rains all weekend the course will be closed again so Sunday would be free. But then of course the brew area would be soaked again. I might as well just give up until this crap goes away. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

festive new filthy french 1664 Vinnies Glass

I love a good find at the op shop. I picked up this little number recently which I’m looking forward to putting into service😋…I think someone else recently had some memorabilia from the Tuborg clan but can’t remember…6382807E-1180-4385-8B7F-6BD03855F823.thumb.jpeg.787e81edd08e7927cded2314b17f47e2.jpeg

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

I love a good find at the op shop. I picked up this little number recently which I’m looking forward to putting into service😋…I think someone else recently had some memorabilia from the Tuborg clan but can’t remember…6382807E-1180-4385-8B7F-6BD03855F823.thumb.jpeg.787e81edd08e7927cded2314b17f47e2.jpeg

That's  not a good glass becuase there is no beer in it

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

First pour of the strawberry gose. This beer is what you’d describe as a roller coaster. Sweet, salty, malty, and sour all rolled into one. The salty finish really keeps the thirst un quenched. Bit of a pyramid scheme of a beer. It’s keeps you thirsty while consuming. 
I’m far from knowledgeable on the sour side of things but the commercial versions I’ve had have poor foam retention I’m guessing that’s from the souring process. Not this bad boy. The 50% wheat gives it a great mouthfeel and a fluffy foamy toupee.

CEC88152-12DC-49AC-BBCC-4496A9029876.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Beer. It's a "craft" lager. That means it doesn't need to be clear. Whatever. It's clean, dry and crisp. I like it.
Cluster for bittering. M54 yeast because I am lazy. 5% and 28 ibu

PXL_20220519_050023539.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.c04775d668cc9b98d1e9295bb00aa00f.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Tone boy said:

I love a good find at the op shop. I picked up this little number recently which I’m looking forward to putting into service😋…I think someone else recently had some memorabilia from the Tuborg clan but can’t remember…

I always love a new glass in the collection, especially with branding on them. that looks like you would get the equivalent of a Pint in there.