Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

49 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am really enjoying this pouring a beer out of your own tap, this is day 9 on the CO2 & things are starting to smooth out - it even tastes better, I am being very careful not to drink out of anything bigger than a schooner ( SA 285ml ) but I suppose it comes down to how many. 🤔

Once I get the 4 taps & kegs installed I will have to worry about it even more. 😬

20220517_161743.jpg

Looks like it is carbing up nicely @Classic Brewing Co

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, ozdevil said:

and does that get the best out of your beer, i dont think it does  

some beers are good for that, but alot off our beers need  conditioning even if carbonated under co2

you want great beer you need to be patient..

pick your beers for fast carb and for your best condition them to give justice 

sorry kmar poor advice ,  your happy , but are others happy fast carbing and finding out the hard way 

fast carbing you will never get the best out of ya beer

I agree with you on this OD. My best kegged beers are the ones that have sat on 12 psi for a couple of weeks. They seem to mature so nice with C02. It needs to be done properly to be appreciated i think. Force carbing over a day or two has never worked for me. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, kmar92 said:

Carbing beer is just that, fast or slow you are just dissolving CO2 in beer so I do not understand how doing it at different speeds makes much difference. The aim is to dissolve CO2 in the beer, the speed that you do that makes little difference to the taste.

In my opinion.......slow carbing a keg over two weeks or more makes a better beer. It really does, in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

In my opinion.......slow carbing a keg over two weeks or more makes a better beer. It really does, in my opinion.

Does it make better beer than fast carbing and drinking 2 weeks later??????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Does it make better beer than fast carbing and drinking 2 weeks later??????

Yes, yes. It takes the edge off a green beer. It does to me. It makes a good beer into a classy beer. I cant explain why. 

Wholly and soully my opinion. Dont get me wrong, i drink my kegged beers days in.........but ive found the last third of the keg is so much tasty and that green edge is off the beer. Having said that ive found that 14 psi is my set and forget.

Just now, Pale Man said:

Yes, yes.

You kinda contradicted yourself there.

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

the last third of the keg is so much tasty and that green edge is off the beer.

I agree. But I am happy to drink the fugging thing when I need to.

Carb hard then drink it and it will get betterer. Carb sowly and drink it and it will get betterer.

I think it hits peak bestest at the same point regardless of the starting psi @stquinto see - it's all metric imperial here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I agree with @interceptor. Fast carbing you are just dissolving the CO2 faster than dissolving it slowly over 2 weeks. I think that the difference that you may note is just caused by the beer conditioning and has not got much to do with CO2 in it.

I agree that if it conditions over a couple of weeks the beer will be better, but I do doubt that has anything to do with CO2. I also agree with you that the beer at the end of the keg always tastes better, but maybe that is just because it has conditioned longer than the beer at the beginning of the keg.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yes, you do. The downside of not using bottles is that there is no "proof" of the consumption. Smaller glasses are a good start though.

As I've mentioned before, with kegging you can't see the Butcher's Bill.

More than once I've had "a couple" (a few) Duvel clones from the tap whilst cooking dinner, to get dodgy looks from SWMBO as to "why is he half sh*tfaced already ?" Fortunately I can hold my drink reasonably well.  I had my neighbour over, decent bloke, but he can't hold his drink. He was practically on his ar*e after a cuppla those but I was still OK (probably best not operating machinery just in case)

That's why I think anthing stronger than say 6% should be bottled. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I love the colour of that brew.  Just outstanding.

It’s actually quite clear as well after being in the keg for only two days

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, stquinto said:

As I've mentioned before, with kegging you can't see the Butcher's Bill.

More than once I've had "a couple" (a few) Duvel clones from the tap whilst cooking dinner, to get dodgy looks from SWMBO as to "why is he half sh*tfaced already ?" Fortunately I can hold my drink reasonably well.  I had my neighbour over, decent bloke, but he can't hold his drink. He was practically on his ar*e after a cuppla those but I was still OK (probably best not operating machinery just in case)

That's why I think anthing stronger than say 6% should be bottled. 

This is my first Rodeo so I am yet to find this out, mind you I can hold my liquor, I have had many years of practice however time will tell. 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

That looks so delicious.

Thanks mate feels like one of my best yet. The steeping of grains really does make a huge difference, body and head wise. And taste

• Like 3