Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

10 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A naked Kegland FWK - Fresh3 Cube Lager.

Day 3 in the keg. Tastes remarkably balanced. But extremely bland. Needs a lift - not outta here but maybe a late hop addition.

No info on ingredients used in this kit. Not sure what's been used as the bittering hop but I assume something like POR.

280129180_7262897023780764_5280571244777553503_n.jpg

Looks good but give it a few weeks. Lagers should be cold stored for at least 4 weeks, better 6. It's the cold storage that gives Lagers their character. I know it is hard though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

A naked Kegland FWK - Fresh3 Cube Lager.

Day 3 in the keg. Tastes remarkably balanced. But extremely bland. Needs a lift - not outta here but maybe a late hop addition.

No info on ingredients used in this kit. Not sure what's been used as the bittering hop but I assume something like POR.

Looks good for 3 days in the keg Mick.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Looks good but give it a few weeks. Lagers should be cold stored for at least 4 weeks, better 6. It's the cold storage that gives Lagers their character. I know it is hard though.

Yeah, I know Aussie - it is hard. I've done a repeat double dirty batch of the same brew and keen to add some hops to the next lot. Trying to work out what to add as the  KL Fresh3 Cube lager does not come with any info re the ingredients used to create it. I'm guessing something like POR was used to bitter the thing...

I will definitely give this at least 4 weeks in the keg....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I really am convinced about AG brews more than ever, this first attempt at a American Pale Ale just keeps giving, I know I keep going on about it but wow, what a difference !! Bottled on the 17th April.

I would say anyone considering the move - just do it !!

APA.jpg

Looks good with a good head on it.

• Like 4

Cracked a barley wine open tonight due to the weather in QLD being absolutely horrible. This was brewed 3 months ago and has spent about 2.5 months bottle conditioning.  It’s young for this style, will probably really hits its stride in another 4 months. I’m quite happy with this beer. Alot of big sticky/warm boozy flavours going on. Bread, honey, molasses and toffee all rolled into one. At 10% I only needed one. Cheers

6F0A833D-E936-435B-A178-A9840AA7DD34.jpeg

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I really am convinced about AG brews more than ever, this first attempt at a American Pale Ale just keeps giving, I know I keep going on about it but wow, what a difference !! Bottled on the 17th April.

I would say anyone considering the move - just do it !!

APA.jpg

Good stuff Phil I'm chuffed. You can only get better too.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Looks good with a good head on it.

Cheers AK I reckon it does too & it lasts all the way to the bottom leaving nice lacing. The overall body of the beer is so different to what I have been used to.

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Good stuff Phil I'm chuffed. You can only get better too.

Cheers @Pale ManI certainly hope so, I have been holding off hoping to get more kegs but I will have to be patient & bottle a few more but it's still beer.

• Like 3

Getting cold now so to help this voss-fermented brew carbonate I actually loaded the entire batch (bottles) into the fridge and dialled the temp up to a kveik-friendly 35ºC for a few days.  Now given that Kveik strains tend to do everything so much faster than 'normal' strains of yeast I wondered if it would therefore condition in the bottle much quicker and hence be ready to drink much sooner - more in line with kegged beers?  So, after 5 days in bottle the short answer to that theory is "no" !  😄

The beer still has a 'greenness' aspect to it,  not really all that carb'd up yet, and is still a bit hazy (though that could be due to the wheat) and well, it's just not ready yet!  

WWW.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Getting cold now so to help this voss-fermented brew carbonate I actually loaded the entire batch (bottles) into the fridge and dialled the temp up to a kveik-friendly 35ºC for a few days.  Now given that Kveik strains tend to do everything so much faster than 'normal' strains of yeast I wondered if it would therefore condition in the bottle much quicker and hence be ready to drink much sooner - more in line with kegged beers?  So, after 5 days in bottle the short answer to that theory is "no" !  😄

The beer still has a 'greenness' aspect to it,  not really all that carb'd up yet, and is still a bit hazy (though that could be due to the wheat) and well, it's just not ready yet!  

Looks promising BS, nice colour.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 6:27 AM, stquinto said:

Maybe @Itinerant Peasant might throw his twopenn’orth in?

@stquinto Sainter mate I think I am somewhat of an AG Freak and really love the way my Stout comes out and really sorta DGAF so much about what Guinless or anything else tastes like... well I sorta have wonderful memories of Beamish in Pom as a younger bloke (maybe it was all the other good things that went with that time of life haha that is influencing that thought process haha) and vaguely think that my Stouts might be a bit more Beamishy than the festive Guinless...  and yeah I guess I just like what the AG thing does... I have varied the recipe and have never been disappointed... I did use some Smokey Malt in one once and probably am not that fired up about that sooo much even tho again it was a lovely brew... maybe that might be worth a try for for a bit of a different Tang to it.

However, that being said, if you love the Guinless and what to pursue more that style then power on... will be interesting to see how you go.

And also I do recommend leaving the Stout in the Keggler rest and condition for a while - I believe that does provide beneficial influence on delivery of a tasty brew. 

I think that there is a significant difference between CO2 and Nitro Mix with Stouts - and Nitro Beers - so that is worth experimenting with too...  I did a lovely Rye on Nitro a while ago in baby keg and did same in other baby keg with CO2 and it was markedly different but both festively tasty in their own right 👍

Looking back at the blither above mate I suspect I have been no help whatsoever for you but anyway hopefully adds a little more to the discussion... think that the below is photo of the Rye-on-festive-Nitro but it was a while ago and I don't do a very good job of cataloguing my photos 😆 

image.thumb.png.d775fab6e6e646901d0071b7fc0ee720.png

• Like 6

On 5/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, Tone boy said:

Get stuck in…you deserve this one 👍🍻

@Tone boy Agree very much with Toner here @Classic Brewing Co Phil mate - it really is a bit of a journey jumping into the AG World and the very first brew is the hardest...  very happy to hear you like the brew mate - and honestly - things will only get better. Gold. Good stuff mate : )

• Like 1

Amber Ale for you Brewers on this lucky Friday the Thirteenth of May 2022 ; )

Consider myself very lucky to be able to be supping upon this AG Keg-pour brew cos I wouldna been able to make it without all of the help from you all I got on this Forum  : )

It was originally an Amber Mozzie but the WHF (Wicked Hop Fade) has made it back into an Amber Ale 😋

However, the extra time lounging around in the keg has helped make it supa-clear which is quite nice too 👍

Pretty rainy and humid down here at the minute so I couldna hope to keep the condensation off the glass despite wiping it down multitudinously ; )

I think I might back off the bitterness a bit in future too...

Cheers Brewers and avagoodweegenddon'forgetheaeroguard 🥳

image.thumb.png.8691847a0bfc6ccf8f2b4e69fa3c61a2.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

On 5/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, MitchBastard said:

At 10% I only needed one.

Nice one!

The rain has passed where I am, was proper freakin wet on the way to the beach house. Hit a pot hole and blew a sidewall. Had to limp to a servo to put the space saver on in the rain. BOM suggested 250mm in the previous 24 hours when I got up the next morning.

Fortunately I had pizza dough in the fridge and cold beer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

K2 - less estery than the K1 - this is a blaaardy magnificent brew and probably closer to my vague memory of what Kölsch tastes like in Kölle home of that beer style...  pretty amazing what time in the cold keg can add... well, the good things as opposed to WHF😋

image.thumb.png.104dc8f7c54cf4721aadb0ecdb31dc86.png

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

K2 - less estery than the K1 - this is a blaaardy magnificent brew and probably closer to my vague memory of what Kölsch tastes like in Kölle home of that beer style...  pretty amazing what time in the cold keg can add... well, the good things as opposed to WHF😋

image.thumb.png.104dc8f7c54cf4721aadb0ecdb31dc86.png

That looks so good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1