Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You behave yourself now Malter, just have the one & that would be enough 🤭

I should've taken your advice, Phil. I had a couple too many, (consume responsibly) got bored and staggered over to the local pub later in the night. Their pokies 'stole' a couple of hundred from me. (gamble responsibly)🤦‍♂️

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Malter White said:

I should've taken your advice, Phil. I had a couple too many, (consume responsibly) got bored and staggered over to the local pub later in the night. Their pokies 'stole' a couple of hundred from me. (gamble responsibly)🤦‍♂️

Hmmm' Malter 'when the cat is away - the mice will play'    the stagger to the pub I have no problem with, it probably sounded/felt like a good idea at the time 🥳

I don't do pokies or even gamble/bet on anything; I never have but it would p*** me off if I lost that much 😬

And there is the headache 🤯

Suffer baby, suffer 🤣

• Haha 4

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hmmm' Malter 'when the cat is away - the mice will play'    the stagger to the pub I have no problem with, it probably sounded/felt like a good idea at the time 🥳

I don't do pokies or even gamble/bet on anything; I never have but it would p*** me off if I lost that much 😬

And there is the headache 🤯

Suffer baby, suffer 🤣

Ever since I've been making my own beer I don't suffer headaches. I still get hangovers if I overdo it but it's always tummy related.
And you're right, I stopped playing pokies a few years ago but with the cat away combined with some drunken boredom I made a poor choice. I did an extra day work this week covering a sick colleague. Looks like I worked that day for free now.💸  Such is life. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Malter White said:

Ever since I've been making my own beer I don't suffer headaches. I still get hangovers if I overdo it but it's always tummy related.
And you're right, I stopped playing pokies a few years ago but with the cat away combined with some drunken boredom I made a poor choice. I did an extra day work this week covering a sick colleague. Looks like I worked that day for free now.💸  Such is life. 🙂 

I don't get headaches from my own beer but if I start mixing others with it things can change.

I think the fact that I am single helps me to drink responsibly however I can be easily led astray. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Back to the Coopers APA. I tried it next to the real McCoy the other day, I think I overdid the PoR slightly. All good though 

9EF34AC3-8861-462C-BE97-C52AD12F3677.jpeg

After I finished my keg of Sparkling Ale yesterday I started on a couple of bottles of PoR hopped APA. The hops flavour was strong in mine also but still quite enjoyable. They were bottled 10 weeks ago and have matured nicely.
I guess that's one of the benefits of kegging, it means my bottled beer gets a chance to age like it never did before because it was always consumed quickly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, stquinto said:

This is an Orval clone, 6 months in the bottle. I was hoping I’d be pleasantly surprised but it seems like it’s a tipper 😳

Bloody undrinkable, and I have a high tolerance for sh*te

That's awful mate. I'm the same, I can drink VB  😎, so I have a high tolerance for shizen beers - but some are just way off the mark. Shame Sainter.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mickep said:

That's awful mate. I'm the same, I can drink VB  😎, so I have a high tolerance for shizen beers - but some are just way off the mark. Shame Sainter.

All part of life’s rich tapestry and all that…. I still finished it though 😀

• Haha 4

Coopers Pale Ale with a dry hop of Pride of Ringwood

First taste of a New Batch, not much different to what I call my standard swill.

But sadly this one is not up to Standard!

Head was a bit lacking, even thou what was there lasted for the glass, Carbonation was also a bit lacking but still Ok.

The only difference with this brew was in the way it was stored, no room in the Brew Cupboard so this lot had to go on the shelf.

Still warm but maybe just not warm enough.. Oh well 28 to go..

(Last Night)

IMG_20221210_152514.thumb.jpg.6e5325549a46092e62b9e3bd9672de89.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

First taste of a New Batch, not much different to what I call my standard swill.

Head was a bit lacking, even thou what was there lasted for the glass, Carbonation was also a bit lacking but still Ok.

The only difference with this brew was in the way it was stored, no room in the Brew Cupboard so this lot had to go on the shelf.

(Last Night)

David that looks fine, you want a nice tight well-formed head, not a whopping frothy ice cream, it makes it look like home brew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Been to Sagres, beautiful place

Good stuff @Brauhaus Fritz BF : )

I not been there... but I have drunk Sagres the Beer and from memory it was quite nice.... was a while ago : |

But as for the flavoured wine...  that might be good to poor on 3 Corner Jacks or Bindies I think Sainter ; ) @stquinto

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

When did you add the Raspberries and did you chuck them in frozen or treat them in any way? I did a Canadian Blonde k&k once and just threw them in frozen after a few days of fermentation, but now I think about the risk of infection 

In the keg with a grain bag tied the top up so they couldn't come out. We're straight out of the freezer.

• Like 3

Glimmers of hope appearing for the Coopers Real Ale that I used (too much) of the yeast from a Pale Ale. it is only slightly clearing up, a little brighter, lighter but the taste is superb, strangely not an overpowering yeast flavour.

It is definitely not a tipper so I will just pour one now & again & see if it does clear up a bit more.

@Hoppy81 did suggest some gelatin added to the keg but I thought given my kegging experience it would be better not to mess with it.

20221211_162406.thumb.jpg.bbd886a7fea7f77264829ccfc54878cb.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

(Last Night)

IMG_20221210_152514.thumb.jpg.6e5325549a46092e62b9e3bd9672de89.jpg

Looks great! Your lawn’s looking good too mate 👍

• Haha 3