Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

4 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Nitro by the looks

Yeah, that's the gas Shamus. Unfortunately the bugger blew straight after the second photo. I've got the other keg (with the sour mash) on the N2 at about 40psi, I don't imagine it'll be ready for tomorrow night when I've got a mate over. Oh well, he'll have to make do with Duvel, Sam Adams or Coopers APA instead. A hard life...

Speaking of Sam Adams, are you happy with the hop profile on yours ? Mine faded out too quickly, I think for a subsequent brew I would bump up the hops considerably. Likewise for a Timothy Taylor Landlord - I never got any of the trademark grapefuity tang off the hops.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Won’t be tasting any of the other stout - I bumped gas up to to try to fast-carb it but left the beer line on, which split. I now have 10 litres of stout swilling around the bottom of my keezer 😱😭

“Oh, fiddlesticks “ I said

955BBB80-FDF3-490B-8617-8D8977E592CF.jpeg

D41AAF8D-94B0-41F2-9159-6541C921974E.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Sad 13

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Speaking of Sam Adams, are you happy with the hop profile on yours ? Mine faded out too quickly, I think for a subsequent brew I would bump up the hops considerably.

I did not notice much of a difference over time.  However, mine did not have an overly hoppy aroma to start with.  Mine is just over 4 months old and I still have a couple of bottles left.  I will pop one in the fridge and give it a try over the weekend.

PS - Commiserations about the Stout.  My worst nightmare.

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

PS - Commiserations about the Stout.  My worst nightmare.

Cheers Shamus. I can hold my head up high in the Failure thread ….

The worst thing is I saw the date on the keg of when I filled it: 19th May 😭

It was maturing beautifully. Oh well, I know what my next brew is, especially as I have a litre of lactic acid and I only used 2ml for 10 litres 

The question now is do I drink this bucket full or not? I think a mate of mine might have p*ssed in it once when in the bunker 🤔

39BD2C0A-8078-4CEC-B4AA-D84CCE7E22B4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Won’t be tasting any of the other stout - I bumped gas up to to try to fast-carb it but left the beer line on, which split. I now have 10 litres of stout swilling around the bottom of my keezer 😱😭

“Oh, fiddlesticks “ I said

955BBB80-FDF3-490B-8617-8D8977E592CF.jpeg

D41AAF8D-94B0-41F2-9159-6541C921974E.jpeg

That is such bad luck after ageing it so long☹️

I don't even age bottles that long..

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, beach_life said:

It will be fine, just drink it

1 hour ago, Tone boy said:

Long straw?

I was thinking...

By the time all the deliberations and whether shoulda woulda coulda... probs coulda just dunnit and gone and drunk it by the time!?!

But time has passed... so maybe just filter it @stquinto Sainter...

: )

Through your kidneys.... : )

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Pezzza said:

I was thinking...

By the time all the deliberations and whether shoulda woulda coulda... probs coulda just dunnit and gone and drunk it by the time!?!

But time has passed... so maybe just filter it @stquinto Sainter...

: )

Through your kidneys.... : )

Blaardy vinegar now ! Probably best to have left it… I’ve seen what’s been in that bucket 😆

• Haha 3

Fresh Golden Pilly after approx 30 hours at 40PSI:

Bit cloudy... my apologies... hopefully will clear up a bit with time 👍

Creamy Carapils influence. Lotsa tiny tiny bubblies. Yum.

image.thumb.png.af261f8696140390d905ee64b7ccec59.png

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Sue's Seahorse Kolsch

• Sweet aroma, like honey
  • Malty flavour.  Mild bitterness.
  • High carbonation (this was a bottled version)
  • Not quite as nice as the previous, but this one was brewed at 16°C then 18°C instead of 20°C then 22°C
  • Still a very nice brew

IMG_3397.JPG.f9a751d2c5a3d53171689fa63db4983e.JPG

High carbonation? It almost looks like it is lacking some carbonation in the photo?

• Like 1

Sam Adams, in front of the fire, for ‘tis the season here. Not bad, hops are underwhelming but in general not too malty (which I realise the hops can hide in a properly-balanced brew).

Better quaff it pretty soon before it gets really malty (happened to a Speckled Hen BIAB I did), anyway I want the keg for the double batch of Guinness I want to brew.

9988371F-89A1-456B-B7F2-CB0F04B7B78B.jpeg

5263F742-28B3-4CAC-9F0D-F5A152FF5A85.jpeg

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Sam Adams, in front of the fire, for ‘tis the season here. Not bad, hops are underwhelming but in general not too malty (which I realise the hops can hide in a properly-balanced brew).

Better quaff it pretty soon before it gets really malty (happened to a Speckled Hen BIAB I did), anyway I want the keg for the double batch of Guinness I want to brew.

42 minutes ago, stquinto said:

They look good Stquinta, having a party? 🥳

• Haha 3

Kegland Lager FWK it came out heaps stronger than would have guessed at 5.7%. One thing I noticed when started brewing FWK was the lower final gravity compared to a kit brew. 

@Mickep had some recent FWK talk with you mate whats you're experience?  You go for 20 ish litres as per instructions for a strong one or water it down more?

20221205_200954.jpg

• Like 9