Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

2 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Snap!  Down to the last few bottles of my Mosaic Amber/Red ... and likewise - weather is bleak here today too.  But I'm guessing it's far more miserable than it is there!  😉  

It's been raining all week, the only difference might be that it's probably warmer here but there's been that much of it this year only the weirdos who actually like this crap aren't sick to death of it. It's also highly unusual at this time of year, normally it's clear and sunny most days. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It's been raining all week, the only difference might be that it's probably warmer here but there's been that much of it this year only the weirdos who actually like this crap aren't sick to death of it. It's also highly unusual at this time of year, normally it's clear and sunny most days. 

What you're describing is my norm for 6 - 7 months of the year...  most days from May have showers or rain and of couse much colder than QL.  My daughter wants to head over from Brissy for a vist now that the NZ borders are finally open but she's really worried that now she's fully acclimatised to Q'land weather that she might actually die from the cold while over here!    🥶    Gonna throw down a stout to help warm her up while she's  here -  was way back in March 2019 when I visited her there 🙄

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah same here for me in Northern NSW. We have not had big rainfall totals but it does rain everyday and I am totally over it. My front lawn is now just a swamp actually, the postmen keep getting bogged on their motorcycles getting to the letterbox. I also now have a semi-permanent stream flowing over the driveway as the ground is just so saturated that it will not absorb a drop of water. This has been going on since the floods of March.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, BlackSands said:

What you're describing is my norm for 6 - 7 months of the year...  most days from May have showers or rain and of couse much colder than QL.  My daughter wants to head over from Brissy for a vist now that the NZ borders are finally open but she's really worried that now she's fully acclimatised to Q'land weather that she might actually die from the cold while over here!    🥶    Gonna throw down a stout to help warm her up while she's  here -  was way back in March 2019 when I visited her there 🙄

Yeah I couldn't live in that. 😂 Bad enough being cold but miserable rainy crap half the year on top, no thanks. We had one of these unusually wet winters a few years ago as well although the amount of rain was nothing like this year, mostly it was drizzle. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to p*ss on your barbies fellas but we’re coming into summer here. Having said that, last year May was a blinder but the summer was a washout. Nearly ruined the local wine with all the mildew.

Coopers Sparkling BIAB from a recipe on this site. Bloody marvellous! Bottled them in longnecks, next one will be kegged 

F95B5064-66EC-4BDF-93B3-A8C55160F51E.jpeg

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

First taste of My Cooper's Dark Ale

Pale Ale Can with Dark dry Malt

It's good but I think it needs a bit longer, only three weeks in the bottle.

20220515_155038.thumb.jpg.a2ed43f9fde60da417203eed2d823908.jpg

interesting with the light shining on the glass   bottom it looks red for the 1st inch lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

interesting with the light shining on the glass   bottom it looks red for the 1st inch lol

Yes, too cold and Windy to head outside tonight, didn't notice till I posted, no matter.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2022 at 2:43 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Second tasting from the keg, still youngish but pouring a lot better, I reckon it needs to carb up a bit more, this is day 8 so I can't expect too much.

20220514_140137.jpg

@Classic Brewing Co for what it is worth I just tend to fast carb rather than buggerising around slow carbing. I find that 40psi for 18-24 hours gives me the carbonation level that I like. All over and done with in a day. Unless you are ageing a beer in the keg I do not see any point in the slow approach really. Even if you are ageing in the keg just fast carbing it still works well.

I have slow carbed and I am usually unimpressed with the carbonation level after having the keg on serving pressure for a week or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

@Classic Brewing Co for what it is worth I just tend to fast carb rather than buggerising around slow carbing. I find that 40psi for 18-24 hours gives me the carbonation level that I like. All over and done with in a day. Unless you are ageing a beer in the keg I do not see any point in the slow approach really. Even if you are ageing in the keg just fast carbing it still works well.

I have slow carbed and I am usually unimpressed with the carbonation level after having the keg on serving pressure for a week or so.

OK I am in complete agreeance as when it is first poured you get a lovely head but it doesn't last throughout the drink, so if I whack it up for a day as you say I am assuming that will make a difference. There is a fat chance of this ageing as I & my neighbours 😬 will knock this off before it get's a chance, I am hanging out for more tap holes & kegs so I guess I will do that. Thanks.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

As you have been slow carbing it for some time it is perhaps better that you stick with that method on this keg. It will get there eventually but it takes time. What pressure have you got your regulator set at?

If you were to try fast carbing at this stage I think that you will end up over carbonating the keg, with resultant ice cream heads, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

As you have been slow carbing it for some time it is perhaps better that you stick with that method on this keg. It will get there eventually but it takes time. What pressure have you got your regulator set at?

If you were to try fast carbing at this stage I think that you will end up over carbonating the keg, with resultant ice cream heads, etc.

It's on 10, has been for 8 days, so I can leave it as is.

• Like 1

Maybe try bumping it up to 12 psi, it all depends on what you like as far as carbonation.

I actually have a stout in a keg that I am slow carbonating at present, but being a stout some time just sitting around will probably help it. It has been on 12 psi for 8 days and I know if I sample it I will be underwhelmed with the carbonation level.

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

That's pretty normal with dark beers in my experience. I managed to get a powerful torch to shine through a porter or stout I'd brewed a while back and it had a burgundy tinge to it. 

• Like 2