Coopers Community

So i need to buy a new lawnmower

Stickers

IMG_8982.thumb.jpg.8982cd10aa3ae099ff55cbaf755bb9e0.jpg

so i need to buy a new lawnmower.

i have a medium sized block and want to go electric so i have my eye on a 5a ryobi at bunnings. i shouldn't have told my 70 year old dad though, might have started a minor family war by not wanting another second hand lawnmower and wanting to go electric and not going the cheapest option. sigh. this must have been somewhat what bob dylan felt when he went electric.

anyway, that's my mission tomorrow, and my folks are driving so it's going to be a fun day 🤣

• Haha 1

Ryobi 36 Brushless FTW!!!

Bunnings have great warranty service on them, my battery died on the old one so they gave a the upgrade to the brushless.

It's great - mows my 1012 su m block and the new battery charges very fast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Ryobi 36 Brushless FTW!!!

Bunnings have great warranty service on them, my battery died on the old one so they gave a the upgrade to the brushless.

It's great - mows my 1012 su m block and the new battery charges very fast.

cheers, nice to know they give good service as well. pretty much what i'm looking for is exactly what you described, similar sized block here 🙂

lawnmowers are thing of the past  for me 

i get to watch my landlord who is  stroke victim cut  my grass for me  and he is in his late 60's 

he hates it when i  sit and watch him cut the lawn while i have my feet up with a nice beer 

i have offered 100 times to to him sit down i'll do it here is beer to watch

but no  he says  i dont trust tennants cutting my grass

not going to argue he may kick me out

all done, the 5amp 36volt ryobi has had a good workout today. the things i disliked most about my old lawnmower was filling it, starting it and going to buy fuel... so that's my three excuses for not mowing the lawn gone now. plastic body but doesn't feel like cheap plastic, easily makes half the noise of my old 4 stroke, really decent sized catch and did what needed to be done quite well. i'm happy tonight.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 5:30 PM, Stickers said:

IMG_8982.thumb.jpg.8982cd10aa3ae099ff55cbaf755bb9e0.jpg

so i need to buy a new lawnmower.

i have a medium sized block and want to go electric so i have my eye on a 5a ryobi at bunnings. i shouldn't have told my 70 year old dad though, might have started a minor family war by not wanting another second hand lawnmower and wanting to go electric and not going the cheapest option. sigh. this must have been somewhat what bob dylan felt when he went electric.

anyway, that's my mission tomorrow, and my folks are driving so it's going to be a fun day 🤣

I have a Ryobi 36V mower with a 5A Battery. If the grass is normal length, I can mow the entire back and front yards (900m2 block) with one charge. I quite like it. Got a matching whipper snipper too. 

9 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I have a Ryobi 36V mower with a 5A Battery. If the grass is normal length, I can mow the entire back and front yards (900m2 block) with one charge. I quite like it. Got a matching whipper snipper too. 

that's my challenge, to now keep it at a manageable length. best thing about the electric lawnmower though is the lack of stuffing around, the time it used to take to fuel the old mower up, put away the can etc is gone. i've got half the backyard done now in that same time. really was the best decision i made all year. i'm looking at the matching lawn edger, looks a beast!

Pain condition

The electric thing is weak but a godsend - I can mow my grass like a Normal Man!

Just gotta make sure the Lawnmower Lager(ale) is truly a Middy or that extension cord...

BZZZZZZZZppppp

💥