Coopers Community

Xmas. What did you get?

Oldbloke

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Apart from a lotto ticket, my son may have also given me Covid for Xmas. He's taken ill and has gone for a test. We're vaxed, so I'm not overly worried except I'll need to isolate for 7 days if his test is positive. Que sera, sera. 🙂 

hope all goes well muzzy with your sons test , it would be also wise for you and everyone that came in contact with your son to get tested..  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

hope all goes well muzzy with your sons test , it would be also wise for you and everyone that came in contact with your son to get tested..  

Thanks Ozzy. We're staying home until he gets his result. If he's positive then we'll get tested too. There's a chance it could be something other than Covid.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, ozdevil said:

I didnt get to much    other then a new wort chiller

Now come on!  I am sure Mrs OzDevil would have given you more than that.

If not why is your hair so all teased up and you are still red in the face whilst Mrs OzDevil is smiling.

Mrs TasDevil.PNG

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Covid. I got covid for Christmas. Oh well nothing a good old hoppy ale can't fix

Hope your hoppy ale does help.  You take care of yourself there bloke and the family as well.  All the best for a speedy recovery PAML.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Apart from a lotto ticket, my son may have also given me Covid for Xmas. He's taken ill and has gone for a test. We're vaxed, so I'm not overly worried except I'll need to isolate for 7 days if his test is positive. Que sera, sera. 🙂 

Sending - well not prayers I cannot be honest and send prayers - sending all my best positive bloody thoughts to you, your family, and your mid-fermenting brews

But most of all to you and your fam

Immune system is number 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cee said:

Sending - well not prayers I cannot be honest and send prayers - sending all my best positive bloody thoughts to you, your family, and your mid-fermenting brews

But most of all to you and your fam

Immune system is number 1

Thanks Cee. I'm not a praying man either. So far myself and the rest of the family have no symptoms so we're hoping it's some other bug. We're all vaccinated so the symptoms are less likely to be our biggest problem. It's the restrictions and isolation the government have imposed that are the greatest concern to me.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Hope all goes well, and it doesn't affect the new Job..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hope all goes well, and it doesn't affect the new Job..

Thanks David. We're still waiting for son's result and at this stage my wife, daughter and I don't have any symptoms. Son doesn't live with us so contact was only on Xmas day.
As for the new job I've messaged the new boss to let him know I'm a "possible" close contact. With any luck it's not even Covid. We've stayed isolated since he got symptoms so it should only affect work for two days this week. It's only a part time job so if I am unavailable it shouldn't have major implications for the new company.
Being vaccinated I'm not too concerned about the disease. I'm more concerned about the restrictions placed on us now.
The SA govt said, "Get vaccinated so we can open the borders for Xmas!"
We got vaccinated and they opened the borders but they didn't put enough resources into the hospital system to cope with any surge in illnesses. Now we've got a surge in illnesses and restrictions placed on us again. Not handled very well, IMO.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks David. We're still waiting for son's result and at this stage my wife, daughter and I don't have any symptoms. Son doesn't live with us so contact was only on Xmas day.
As for the new job I've messaged the new boss to let him know I'm a "possible" close contact. With any luck it's not even Covid. We've stayed isolated since he got symptoms so it should only affect work for two days this week. It's only a part time job so if I am unavailable it shouldn't have major implications for the new company.
Being vaccinated I'm not too concerned about the disease. I'm more concerned about the restrictions placed on us now.
We got vaccinated and they opened the borders but they didn't put enough resources into the hospital system to cope with any surge in illnesses. Now we've got a surge in illnesses and restrictions placed on us again. Not handled very well, IMO.

Muzzy, hope you and the family get through this alright. Glad you're fully vaxxed. At least you guys should avoid serious illness if it turns out you've contracted the thing.

It sounds like SA is in the same boat as everywhere else in the country. Pollies just keep screwing up. Victoria - longest, harshest lock down in the world - go figure! I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but some of the stuff in Vic has beggared belief. I doubt very much that Politicians will change their behaviour even when the pandemic clearly shows them how utterly inadequate some of the health system's they have in place are. The hospital system at least in Vic runs at 100% capacity and that's before any State or National declaration of an emergency - So they knew how precarious it all was and did JS about it. Vic totally stuffed up the Hotel quarantine system here last year and caused our second wave. - but no one wants to take ownership - so 800 odd lives are brushed aside under the rug as collateral damage. No one wants to admit they stuffed that up - but they did! - Big time. When the subsequent enquiry asked the Pollies, including the Premier who employed the totally untrained unqualified security personnel for the system they'd put in place , including Dan Andrews they all couldn't remember. WTF! If that had been a private company and not a Government that'd been operating here they'd be serving time right now. 800 lives lost and zip zero nada accountability. So yes Muzzy not handled very well.

End of rant! 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Muzzy, hope you and the family get through this alright. Glad you're fully vaxxed. At least you guys should avoid serious illness if it turns out you've contracted the thing.

It sounds like SA is in the same boat as everywhere else in the country. Pollies just keep screwing up. Victoria - longest, harshest lock down in the world - go figure! I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but some of the stuff in Vic has beggared belief. I doubt very much that Politicians will change their behaviour even when the pandemic clearly shows them how utterly inadequate some of the health system's they have in place are. The hospital system at least in Vic runs at 100% capacity and that's before any State or National declaration of an emergency - So they knew how precarious it all was and did JS about it. Vic totally stuffed up the Hotel quarantine system here last year and caused our second wave. - but no one wants to take ownership - so 800 odd lives are brushed aside under the rug as collateral damage. No one wants to admit they stuffed that up - but they did! - Big time. When the subsequent enquiry asked the Pollies, including the Premier who employed the totally untrained unqualified security personnel for the system they'd put in place , including Dan Andrews they all couldn't remember. WTF! If that had been a private company and not a Government that'd been operating here they'd be serving time right now. 800 lives lost and zip zero nada accountability. So yes Muzzy not handled very well.

End of rant! 

Spot on, Mick. It really should have been managed at a Federal level. The PM should have taken the reins. By leaving it to the states governed by different parties it was always going to be a "my c0&k is bigger than yours" fest. Sadly leadership was put aside for political mileage instead of doing what's best for the people. However that now appears to have backfired for most of them. From the rumblings around SA I don't think Marshall will be returned to power. From the outside looking in it seems the same for Andrews in Vic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

it's not about daily case numbers    which many still think is the important issue and the fight for covid 0  , not saying you're thinking that way 
it's now about hospitalizations and that's where we need to concentrate  

you can have 2000 cases a day   but 1960 are all vaccinated and not in hospital but you have 40 unvaccinated and 3o in icu 10 on ventilators
most of the hospital numbers across Australia is showing only the unvaccinated are in hospital under the delta strain.   yes, there is some in hospital that are vaccinated but not really taking up ventilators or icu

omricon  strain  is proving every day that this strain may be for infectious , but is a very weak strain and only 1 person has passed with this disease and whether that he died of omricon or his underlying conditions isn't really known some are saying his underlying conditions was what killed him and that he just died with Omricon.

the more important thing is   those that are vaccinated and cop covid they  are not in hospitals well very good percentage of them are not

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

it's not about daily case numbers    which many still think is the important issue and the fight for covid 0  , not saying you're thinking that way 
it's now about hospitalizations and that's where we need to concentrate  

you can have 2000 cases a day   but 1960 are all vaccinated and not in hospital but you have 40 unvaccinated and 3o in icu 10 on ventilators
most of the hospital numbers across Australia is showing only the unvaccinated are in hospital under the delta strain.   yes, there is some in hospital that are vaccinated but not really taking up ventilators or icu

omricon  strain  is proving every day that this strain may be for infectious , but is a very weak strain and only 1 person has passed with this disease and whether that he died of omricon or his underlying conditions isn't really known some are saying his underlying conditions was what killed him and that he just died with Omricon.

the more important thing is   those that are vaccinated and cop covid they  are not in hospitals well very good percentage of them are not

This is why I'm frustrated, Oz. The disease is no longer the threat it was because most of us got vaxed but we're still hampered by restrictions because not enough resources have been put into the health system to cope with reopening.

• Like 3