Coopers Community

Coopers Longnecks Dan Murphy's discount.

Frosty Chop

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking to stock up on glass bottles and you will need a Dan's members card.

I'm not sure how long the offer is available and it doesn't seem to show on their website for my local Uncle Dan's even if I add it to my shopping cart.
But walk in and a box of Sparkling longnecks here are normally $64.99 with members card offer they are $55.95.

Not sure if it applies to the Pale Ale or not but I imagine it would.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY I sometimes have a few bets and have noticed that one before. I watched 4 races today but didn't have a bet as I was busy with yard work. I've learnt from the past don't make a deposit to only have to rush in and out without looking into it.

Often I don't have the patience to read all the form so I'll back horses for their names or numbers. I've backed Call Me Shamus a few times before (obviously for the name) with mixed success. I guess my personality is reflected in most things I do. I don't have the patience to AG brew or grow garlic either. 😄
Having said that, I've found no difference between my punting successes and failures if I study or take a stab in the dark. I know in the long run it's a losing game but it entertains me and I can do it within my budget. Then on the odd occasion I get a nice windfall which keeps me dipping into the well.
FYI - I made $100 profit today, which probably means I'll lose the next 3 Saturdays. Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@MUZZY I'm with you on a little bit of that names that stand out etc. I usually only quickly look at the last 5 races for the names I like . Either that  or a jockey that I like there isn't much technical stuff in it either. But a few times lately I've been busy but only pumped in the bets because deposit a hundred get a hundred in bonus bets. So wizz back inside or home from kids cricket and put them on with barly looking into it and can't get even from $200 including the bonus bets. For some reason it hurts more than if I have a good look at 3 of the runners and still loose same result though 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY I'm with you on a little bit of that names that stand out etc. I usually only quickly look at the last 5 races for the names I like . Either that  or a jockey that I like there isn't much technical stuff in it either. But a few times lately I've been busy but only pumped in the bets because deposit a hundred get a hundred in bonus bets. So wizz back inside or home from kids cricket and put them on with barly looking into it and can't get even from $200 including the bonus bets. For some reason it hurts more than if I have a good look at 3 of the runners and still loose same result though 😄

Jamie, as long you're aware it truly is a mug's game you'll be OK. As I mentioned before, it's entertainment for me. Some people will spend $40, $50+ to watch a footy/cricket game or go to the movies or whatever. I watch the races. If you're controlled, as I am, and you take advantage of the promotions, as you seem to do, you can entertain yourself and sometimes even turn a profit. For what it's worth I don't use Sportsbet or bookies with bonus bet offers any more.  TAB.com.au offer CASH back on their promos and that's what I prefer.

Apologies to @Frosty Chop for taking your thread on a different tangent. xx

• Like 2

@MUZZY I didn't get into it much this year because of all the wet tracks made about 5 or 6 deposits all year. Yes I take advantage of promotions and agree it's a hobby of sorts. Do what enjoy I say and did think it was off topic 3 post ago but thats what happens.  We go from one thing to another then we may eventually start talking about the longnecks again 😉

my local only has stubbies cheap or expensive longnecks single there I mentioned them 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY I didn't get into it much this year because of all the wet tracks made about 5 or 6 deposits all year. Yes I take advantage of promotions and agree it's a hobby of sorts. Do what enjoy I say and did think it was off topic 3 post ago but thats what happens.  We go from one thing to another then we may eventually start talking about the longnecks again 😉

my local only has stubbies cheap or expensive longnecks single there I mentioned them 🤣

My local is Rezz in Newton, SA. Sandwich board sign out front alerted me to the bonus long neck. Where are you,  JK?

corowa nsw on the Murry got a couple different branded bottle shops not that I use them much now. We just don't seem to get these same promotions as u blokes closer to big city. U guys always getting something extra a hat or beer glass. Reminds me of living in Melbourne that was going on.

22 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

corowa nsw on the Murry got a couple different branded bottle shops not that I use them much now. We just don't seem to get these same promotions as u blokes closer to big city. U guys always getting something extra a hat or beer glass. Reminds me of living in Melbourne that was going on.

I don't think Adelaide is much bigger than Cowra on the national stage. LOL

38 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Apologies to @Frosty Chop for taking your thread on a different tangent. xx

Nah, it's all good 🙂

I've had a couple of weird betting experiences. One night I put a trifecta on the dogs at the pub then realised it was the wrong race but the boxes opened before I could cancel the bet. I won $750.

Another time a couple of work mates said hey we are going to the track this afternoon do you want to come? I said nah but then randomly said put a dollar on race 7 number 3 for me. They didn't and it payed about $150 for the win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, Frosty Chop said:

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking to stock up on glass bottles and you will need a Dan's members card.

I'm not sure how long the offer is available and it doesn't seem to show on their website for my local Uncle Dan's even if I add it to my shopping cart.
But walk in and a box of Sparkling longnecks here are normally $64.99 with members card offer they are $55.95.

Not sure if it applies to the Pale Ale or not but I imagine it would.

I have a Dan Murphy's card, I use it all of the time, I am actually geographically in between to branches - its's great as they all have different specials/promotions which I take full advantage of in between visits to the LHBS nearby. You can save a lot in the end run.  

4 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I don't think Adelaide is much bigger than Cowra on the national stage. LOL

I have been through & stayed in Corowa over the years many times & enjoyed it, in fact I made friends with a couple of Publicans & we had great times. A lot of other towns nearby are also nice. Anywhere near the mighty Murray is always great 🎣

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They are about 396km apart. 

nothing to do with distance or physical location it's similar spelling and easy to confuse for the dyslexic. I told Murry my town was on the Murry and he still replied with cowra which is inland. We will forgive him although is he the one who hates Larger? 😄

7 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Whoops! My apologies. xx
By the way.... I think Cowra and Corowa are still bigger players on the national stage than Adelaide. 😄 

doubt it mate although corowa was where all the governers met to vote and form a country called Australia and drunk beer at the globe hotel. Apart from that it's barly on the map

• Like 1