Coopers Community

Fermentasaurus Gen 3 w/ pressure kit

Journeyman

Hopefully this is OK to post.

After many false starts that got misdirected or IRL got in the way, I can't find a way to use my Ferm G3 effectively. I was thinking of getting another fridge for it (for CC and perhaps even serving) but that's not possible.

So... The Gen 3 plus pressure kit, all brand new, are up for sale.ย  Literally everything you need to start brewing under pressure except a fridge. ๐Ÿ˜„

It has the full pressure kit, floating dip tube, filter and even an inline reg, T-piece and pressure gauge for it. Included also a gas disconnect and liquid disconnect. ONLY thing to buy will be a bronco tap or similar for drawing FG sample. Oh, and a couple of SS nuts to go in the dip tube filter. ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

$150+ worth of brand new kit for $120! Plus postage from PC = 5253 if you want to check. It's a big box but it is light. ๐Ÿ˜ƒย 
Could be cheap to Adelaide via APD or I might be persuaded to go to Adelaide and use OfficeWorks (cheaper postage but petrol costs)

Specifications:
Dimensions: 935H x 378W (height to top of plunge valve handle)
Fermenter Body: High Molecular Length PET
Fermenter Volume:35L
Plunge Valve: 304 Stainless
Frame:304 Stainless Frame
Pressure Rated Lid:304 Stainless Steel Ball Lock Posts, Glass Reinforced Nylon neck ring, Polypropylene lid 2.4 bar (35psi) pressure relief valve
Lid Seal: Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR)
Working Pressure: 2.4Bar (35psi)
Burst Pressure: above 8Bar
Test Pressure: 5Barย 

Just to add to this, the 'neck' seals via a plunger which is hollow, so your temp controller probe slips straight down the tube to give accurate readings from inside the wort.

Also the floating dip tube can clip onto the plunger tube so it doesn't drift out to the sides. A couple of SS nuts in the filter can keep the intake below any krausen or surface 'artefacts' so you only get clear wort out the post.