Coopers Community

Time lapse photography of fermentation

Malter White

When doing the daily check of my brews I always like seeing the physical changes in the wort as it ferments through it's different stages. I'm not clever enough to do this but I'm wondering if anyone else has done time lapse photography of their fermentations. I imagine lighting would be an issue for this to be possible but there's probably someone out there with the gadgetry to do it.

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

When doing the daily check of my brews I always like seeing the physical changes in the wort as it ferments through it's different stages. I'm not clever enough to do this but I'm wondering if anyone else has done time lapse photography of their fermentations. I imagine lighting would be an issue for this to be possible but there's probably someone out there with the gadgetry to do it.

Yeah, got all the gadgets for this but never tried recording the action in the FV. Lighting could be just one or two little LED battery operated lights. Gopro probably the easiest camera to use - heaps of spots for the camera to attach to inside the fridge too....might have a crack next brew.

• Like 1