Coopers Community

Booze-Shortage Start firing up your Fermenters

Classic Brewing Co

Well Chaps better get stuck into your Homebrew & build up stocks as it could be hard to buy your favourite beverage at the Bottle'O.

It makes you wonder why they bother to try & tell us that stuff as we all know it's a gimmick to boost sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/dan-murphy-s-and-bws-owner-warns-australia-is-facing-a-booze-shortage/ar-AAPJIdO?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=W022

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Journeyman said:

Well, 1st I hardly ever buy bottle-o beer even before I started home brew & 2nd I think I'm OK for some time, given my stocks. 😄 

I guess they've looked across at the States and figured they'd get in on the panic buy act?

Same here I haven't bought any beer for ages & like yourself my stocks are good. It would be just an attempt to boost pre-Xmas sales & of course the media are all over it.

• Like 2

Typical media beat-up. The alarming headline,a few lines of histrionic misinformation,then,buried in the stream of waffle the statement “ We are not expecting any disruptions for our customers in the lead up to Christmas.” Ah, well, I suppose it gives the talentless hacks something to do.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

You recidivist! Everyone knows kegs are the way to go! 😄 

(all those comedians looking for work and you want a job... 😄 )

Can’t resist a good pun. Oh, alright, a bad one either. And kegs may be the way to go, but I’m just not going that way.😄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Journeyman said:

So, @Coopers DIY Beer Team - any heads up for us Home Brew types about potential bottlenecks in your products?

If you're referring to our malt extract products (hopped and unhopped); none of the ingredients or packaging are sourced from overseas and we're self-reliant for power, water and malt. We've had a 30+ year trading relationship with Ellerslie (who also distribute our malt products), so our supply of POR hops is not in jeopardy either. 

TL;DR: No bottlenecks to be seen here.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Got 14 kegs full, 1 fermenter in CC, the other just nearing end of fermentation, around 60 tallies of various home brews, a few K & K,s to still brew, 1 AG Lemon Drop XPA box.

‘Few 6 packs of Fifty Lashes, Byron Bay Lager plus a few oddballs in the fridge, I think I’ll be right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers RD44🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Got 14 kegs full, 1 fermenter in CC, the other just nearing end of fermentation, around 60 tallies of various home brews, a few K & K,s to still brew, 1 AG Lemon Drop XPA box.

‘Few 6 packs of Fifty Lashes, Byron Bay Lager plus a few oddballs in the fridge, I think I’ll be right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers RD44🍻

So it looks like the Coopers Community Christmas Party (CCCP) is at your place this year @Red devil 44 ,  You had better stock up a tad more than that if I am invited to the celebrations ha ha.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3