Coopers Community

BIAB question

stquinto

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Cheers mate, will be getting a brew on this weekend. I think I'll go for an Old Peculier to start with. Will let you all know how it went.

@ozdevil @iBooz2 @Shamus O'Sean @RDT2 @Bribie G @Aussiekraut @Journeyman @Classic Brewing Co

thanks to all for your advice - looking forward to a new chapter in brewing (not sure how many in the household will be... "what's that awful stink ?" etc.)

Ha ha ha ! They can always move out 🤣

no stink to A.G brewing mate ,  its a beautiful small and aroma

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SWMBO and her sister grew up in Ultimo in Sydney (the old terrace is still there) and every school day they would walk past the Tooths brewery on Broadway and get hit with the mashing and boiling aromas.

When I started AG brewing back in 2009 as soon as I added the hops to the boil she ran into the garage then burst into tears (good tears, not tears of horror!!). When sis comes up for a visit I'm required to do a brew, no argument.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bribie G said:

SWMBO and her sister grew up in Ultimo in Sydney (the old terrace is still there) and every school day they would walk past the Tooths brewery on Broadway and get hit with the mashing and boiling aromas.

When I started AG brewing back in 2009 as soon as I added the hops to the boil she ran into the garage then burst into tears (good tears, not tears of horror!!). When sis comes up for a visit I'm required to do a brew, no argument.

@Bribie G that's a wonderful, uplifting story mate, long may you brew beautiful beers 👍🙏

• Like 3

On 10/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, stquinto said:

@iBooz2 mate, you saved me an embarrassing email exchange with the customer service ! I owe you a couple 👍

Just took the hopper apart and put it back together like you suggested - prefect fit. The bottom lips of the hopper are there to feed the grain right in the middle of the rollers - I thought they were there to hold it in the sides 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Talk about a RTFM* problem

Thanks heaps 👍

All good @stquinto , glad to see you are all sorted and working ok.  No problem helping you out as that is what this forum is all about.

Don't worry about owing me a couple but please continue to pay it forward my friend as you always do.  👍  Cheers.

• Like 4