Coopers Community

Recipe thoughts ... mixing Lager & Light German Bock

G'day fellas

Ive made both of these individually and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Whats the thoughts of combining these two together? I just purchased another set for the German Light Bock and still have a Lager + Brew Enhancer 2 from a batch I never ended up making last month. 

Is this just the beauty of experimenting with these extract brews and I should just try it

OR

Has anyone already done this and it tasted and smelt awful ... ?

Also, will the ABV increase above estimated 7% with the Light German Bock?

Edited by oliver.briones

39 minutes ago, oliver.briones said:

G'day fellas

Whats the thoughts of combining these two together? I just purchased another set for the German Light Bock and still have a Lager + Brew Enhancer 2 from a batch I never ended up making last month. 

Is this just the beauty of experimenting with these extract brews and I should just try it

OR

G'day Oliver, when @Graubart &/or @Aussiekraut see your post they should respond & of course others are worthy of a comment. I personally haven't had any experience with Bock.

Cheers

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, oliver.briones said:

G'day fellas

OR

I haven't brewed a kit in a while but I can't see why you couldn't combine them. The TC crown is probably hopped differently to the lager but that isn't a bad thing.

Just be aware that the Bock is a toucan already and you don't want to make it a trican, so I'd leave one of the two TC cans out as it would bring the ABV right up. 7.2% is high enough, although others might disagree with this assessment 🙂 

In the end, the blend probably wouldn't be a bad beer. Not quite the same as the Bock but surely a drinkable beer. 

I like exbeeriments. Sometimes they turn out great, others a little not so great 🙂 But that is the beauty of the hobby. Just make sure you have enough stock at hand, in case it turns out poorly and you don't run out of beer 🙂

Welcome to the very, very deep rabbit hole of brewing. Once you start your descent, it gets harder and harder to get out of it again. Not that any of us really want to of course 🙂 

• Like 1