Jump to content
Coopers Community

Posts Hidden why


ozdevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

Please dont take this wrong way 

I made a post not so long ago in a topic i created
i clicked on submit post button
i then get told the post is hidden

There was nothing offensive or nuaghty with in that post

I understand in life everyone will get moderated from time to time for something they said or did

by hiding the post when  a post or topic is submitted  does not give me any confidence to post
yes some would love it if i no longer posted i get that😉😄

I dont mind moderation if its a topic of controversy  or a post of controversy

But why has this feature now been added   as i feel this will take away people  from posting to the fear there post will be hidden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

Please dont take this wrong way 

I made a post not so long ago in a topic i created
i clicked on submit post button
i then get told the post is hidden

There was nothing offensive or nuaghty with in that post

I understand in life everyone will get moderated from time to time for something they said or did

by hiding the post when  a post or topic is submitted  does not give me any confidence to post
yes some would love it if i no longer posted i get that😉😄

I dont mind moderation if its a topic of controversy  or a post of controversy

But why has this feature now been added   as i feel this will take away people  from posting to the fear there post will be hidden

I haven't seen that before, there have been a few changes but that one I don't know about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I haven't seen that before, there have been a few changes but that one I don't know about.

it only happed to me today

I knew you could hide posts , but i really dont see the need to hide posts

there was noting in my post i made that was offensive or nasty 

I know there has been changes and some of them have been good but this one 
is not a great one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My reply to Mickep re cooking meals the other day was censored because I named an island south west Thailand called Ph....  That post went pink and had moderator options in a menu.  It got posted the next day minus the sentence with reference to PH....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iBooz2 said:

My reply to Mickep re cooking meals the other day was censored because I named an island south west Thailand called Ph....  That post went pink and had moderator options in a menu.  It got posted the next day minus the sentence with reference to PH....

Now I do remember seeing something similar, the other day @Shamus O'Sean & @Red devil 44  were discussing the Craft Beer W....... T-shirts & I did get a pop-up saying something like

" This post will have to be approved by the moderator before it is live " or similar.  So then I just deleted it.

I agree there really is no need for XXX language & remarks so I am good with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site software also has a list of words that can be amended which the software will automatically flag or even change.

I was on a site where 'poon' was in the list - I'd made a post about Reese Witherspoon and it got changed to Reese Withersthingy. Personally that's not the effect she has on me. 😄

What I am saying is sometimes it's not an obvious epithet - depends who got to edit that list.

It's a bit nanny-type on an Aussie Beer site - they are supposed to be over 18 and Aussies use swearing almost affectionately.

Edited by Journeyman
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Withersthingy ?  Sounds like a function of age. 

I had the same issue on a horse racing site whenever I mentioned trainer Mike Moroney the censorship robot wouold change it to Mike XXXXXXey.   And he is Kiwi not a Queenslander.  

I agree with Classic though.   We are already well on the way to becoming emoji signalling phonetic grunts thanks to the internet so let us not also become foul mouthed Wayne Kerrs too.  

So if you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock
They won't do it again. Dig it?
...I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I agree with Classic though.   We are already well on the way to becoming emoji signalling phonetic grunts thanks to the internet so let us not also become foul mouthed Wayne Kerrs too.  

I kinda agree with a BUT...

In Australia swearing is a matter of course - we should be adult enough to be able to use out language and evaluate whether or not it is being directed at the person instead of the situation. And this is not meant to be an open site, so kids should not be a consideration. Plus most kids these days swear as badly or more than their parents anyway. 😄

Edited by Coopers DIY Beer Team
The terms used may be viewed as derogatory. We appreciate this was an example and was not directed at anybody, however it's best they aren't used in any context on this forum.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I posted in response and it got hidden. Apparently slang terms for a certain nationality are verboten. And they weren't said aggressively, just as explanation for why people should be a little less sensitive to words.

The nanny state strikes again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good manners and respect aside - I think that some of the censorship on forums (I don't mean rude or offensive stuff) is in line with some of the PC nonsense we are seeing everyday. That's just my opinion. Don't get me started on the cheese re-naming. "Cheer" Mick😎

Edited by Mickep
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Well, I posted in response and it got hidden. Apparently slang terms for a certain nationality are verboten. And they weren't said aggressively, just as explanation for why people should be a little less sensitive to words.

The nanny state strikes again!

This call may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes…   😒

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
11 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Don't get me started on the cheese re-naming. "Cheer" Mick😎

Me too, Hello, it was around for years, does that mean the offended get back pay ?

Yeah, it was the guy's name for goodness sake. It was his Company he founded the damn thing.....I'm off to sip on a beer and settle the nerves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, it was the guy's name for goodness sake. It was his Company he founded the damn thing.....I'm off to sip on a beer and settle the nerves.

Then there's the Black American lady who got removed from the product she made and sold - she was the first Black female millionaire from it but apparently it's racist to have her pic on the product.

Or Land'O'Lakes butter - the native American girl removed. I saw it written up as, "Once more Whites remove the Indian and keep the land!" 😄

We are being manipulated by fake outrage, mostly done by radical liberal left WHITE people being offended on behalf of people who don't give a damn!

 

And thanks Admin for OK'ing my earlier post.

Edited by Journeyman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Journeyman said:
2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, it was the guy's name for goodness sake. It was his Company he founded the damn thing.....I'm off to sip on a beer and settle the nerves.

Then there's the Black American lady who got removed from the product she made and sold - she was the first Black female millionaire from it but apparently it's racist to have her pic on the product.

Or Land'O'Lakes butter - the native American girl removed. I saw it written up as, "Once more Whites remove the Indian and keep the land!" 😄

We are being manipulated by fake outrage, mostly done by radical liberal left WHITE people being offended on behalf of people who don't give a damn!

 

And thanks Admin for OK'ing my earlier post.

Yes JM,

Is all the outrage and objection real or is it merely manufactured by those who wish to manipulate acceptable social norms? Or as someone else wrote is cancel culture really a product of the elite college educated Liberal left or is it really pushed by Corporates trying to use "damage control - control situation" to add value to their business entities. Maybe a bit of both. I always say Follow the money - it's always about the money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...