Coopers Community

I hope no one is ordering anything from Victoria ,ACT or NSW

ozdevil

Hey All

Heads up if you have ordered Something from Victoria or ACT or NSW  consider cancelling your  order unless you are prepared to wait 

Australia Post are suspending all parcel pick up from these areas

If ordering try to order through direct freight (freight finders)

if ordering Keg King and ring them as they use australia Post  for an alternative courier company

and others i would be ringing as well that you have used in Vic  act or NSW

This is very real  i am not joking    its going to effect everyone around the country

its  becuase they are falling behind due to covid  and allowing them to catch up and deliver what they already have

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Wont the stuff that is ordered in the meantime still back up the system when they restart parcel pick-up?

My first thought as well. How many are going to see or heed such a warning? So businesses are going to have a waiting pile of parcels to be picked up which will all hit the exchanges at the same time.

Auspost site is showing this:

"Australia Post will temporarily pause all Parcel Post collections from eCommerce retailers in NSW, ACT and VIC – from 7am Saturday 4 September until 7am Tuesday 7 September. Collections will continue in all other states and territories.

This temporary measure will allow us to responsibly clear record parcel volumes in parts of our network impacted by COVID-19. The safety of our people is our highest priority, and this will help ensure volumes are kept to a safe and manageable level. Our team will continue with processing across the weekend in these areas.

Express Post, Premium and Startrack Express services, and collections from Post Offices and SPB’s are not affected. Deliveries will continue as usual (including on weekends) and our post offices will remain open as our people deliver record amounts of parcels to Australians."

3 days ain't so bad... 😄

Perishables not affected:

"Australia Post has confirmed its long-term commitment to the shipping of perishable goods across the country, supporting our small business food producers as they continue to thrive and experience significant growth in eCommerce sales during COVID-19."

I wonder if we can claim brew ingredients as 'perishable'? 😄

• Like 1

I think that they are just trying to clear parcels out of their facilities, and yeah there will be an inevitable surge of parcels when they start collections again next week. I believe that Australia Post now has more than 500 employees who are close contacts of Covid cases so they are in isolation and unable to work and with record parcel volumes they are struggling.

I have a parcel that was collected on Monday in Sydney and has just sat there for 3 days before they were able to process it today so it can head my way. This item is also Express Post so that is usually overnight but is looking like it will be at least 5 days to be delivered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

This thread delights me. I've just applied for a job with AusPost.

Give me the job, AusPost! I'll get the mail through. 📮😁

So will the new Muzzmobile look something like this ? Tad smaller than a bus but at least you would have more chance of sneaking in to the local Pubs for a quick one !! 😀

A postie clad in fluoro yellow clothes rides a motorised three wheeled motorbike which has a sunshade over the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

So will the new Muzzmobile look something like this ? Tad smaller than a bus but at least you would have more chance of sneaking in to the local Pubs for a quick one !! 😀

A postie clad in fluoro yellow clothes rides a motorised three wheeled motorbike which has a sunshade over the top.

That's precisely the job I've applied for but I'm open to doing other jobs too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, kmar92 said:

This item is also Express Post so that is usually overnight but is looking like it will be at least 5 days to be delivered

If express Post is being held up they must have a problem. That's supposed to have a guarantee.

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well you know what they say about Postmen 👩‍🦰

They always come twice?

34 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

That's precisely the job I've applied for but I'm open to doing other jobs too. 

Our locals just get a postie bike, not a trike. That one shown looks like there'd be room for your esky in the back to... um... keep you hydrated! 😄

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Our locals just get a postie bike, not a trike. That one shown looks like there'd be room for your esky in the back to... um... keep you hydrated! 😄

No motorbike license required for these ones. They can also lug more eg. parcels. That's the way the business is going now - less letters more parcels.

• Like 1

Just think of all the undelivered Coopers packages if Muzzy was riding the bike.  🤔

My main worry is that I have some plants coming by mail.  There wont be delivered until late October but I would hate to have them stuck in a box for 10 days.  The worst thing is that the vendor is just a few clicks away and would be happy to pick them up but the vendor says that can't be done.   I have had plants delivered by mail before without any problems ( from Queensland to Victoria ) buy 10 days in the dark is pushing my luck. 

No gripe with Australia Post though.  In years and years of deliveries I have never had a problem with them and they are doing a sterling job in difficult circumstances.  Gold watches all round I say ... no wait...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

If express Post is being held up they must have a problem. That's supposed to have a guarantee.

Just arrived, so 5 days transit from Sydney to Northern NSW.

@Journeyman I think that you will find all guarantees by Aus Post have been ditched, due to Covid!