Coopers Community

BigW Sale on Coopers

Journeyman

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

pitty they dont sell All grain stuff like grain   i would be in like flynn then

Yeah just basic gear, Coopers Australian Pale Ale for example is reduced to $13.60 1.7l normally about $17.00 & most of the other extracts as well as LDME & the BE 1/2/3/ range.

I am just going to pick a few cans up as I use LME & up-market yeast & hops so not much available there, it is handy because it's close as opposed to driving out to the LHBS.

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

Bugga! Should'a got another can and pushed it over the $100. Didn't see that little discount.

Maybe you should of added 5 pairs of beer socks they have there also for $10 lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Not to take anything away from Big-W promo but Dan Murphys has the 23 L DIY beer kits now at $99 for members.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_730573/coopers-diy-home-brewing-kit

Funny you should say that @iBooz2so do Big W, well as you know they are all owned by Wesfarmers.   I think it is a Fathers' Day promo.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Funny you should say that @iBooz2so do Big W, well as you know they are all owned by Wesfarmers.   I think it is a Fathers' Day promo.

I think you may find they are part of Endeavour.  Woolworths has devolved its liquor and gambling such as Dan Murphy, BWS etc.

16 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I'm not so sure. After all we are still talking Coopers products.

yes i know  ,  but by buying from big w  or uncle dans  coopers may see this as taking business away from
becuase  of what you guys are paying

not that i am against  buying good coopers products cheap

1 hour ago, Pickles Jones said:

I think you may find they are part of Endeavour.  Woolworths has devolved its liquor and gambling such as Dan Murphy, BWS etc.

Yes ,they are part of the Endeavour group which was separated from Woolworths quite recently, I’m not sure what business relationship exists between them but  Endeavour trades on the stock exchange as a separate entity. They have,and never have, any relationship to Wesfarmers. (Sorry @Classic Brewing Co !)  Coles, with it’s Liquorland chain was owned by Wesfarmers for several years. About 3 years ago, from memory, they separated  from the Coles organisation ,which became a stand alone company.I don’t know what, if any interest Wesfarmers retain in Coles.

6 minutes ago, Worts and all said:

Yes ,they are part of the Endeavour group which was separated from Woolworths quite recently, I’m not sure what business relationship exists between them but  Endeavour trades on the stock exchange as a separate entity. They have,and never have, any relationship to Wesfarmers. (Sorry @Classic Brewing Co !)  Coles, with it’s Liquorland chain was owned by Wesfarmers for several years. About 3 years ago, from memory, they separated  from the Coles organisation ,which became a stand alone company.I don’t know what, if any interest Wesfarmers retain in Coles.

Fair enough now that I think about it, yes it was Coles/Liquor Land etc.  I don't get to involved with all of that stuff but I don't mind admitting I was wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Well that sucks, my Dan's doesn't supply any of the Coopers stuff. 🤨

Well for what it's worth we have 8-10 in Adelaide but I have noticed the one I go to ( Marion ) is quite large & has a great range of Coopers Home Brew supplies yet other stores equally as big only have a small range, I haven't been to all of them so I cannot comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

3 minutes ago, Worts and all said:

For those who spotted my grammatical blunder in the above entry I apologise. For those who didn’t, Cheers!

Well @Worts and allunless I am missing something, I have highlighted a couple of minor issues, anything else who be just nit picking. 😁