Coopers Community

fridges

ozdevil

58 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The Fridge Wars continue. 🥶

thats about the case of it 

but really there is no war she says i deserve 2nd hand where she needs  the gold

your lucky mate you dont deal with women like us married blokes

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

thats about the case of it 

but really there is no war she says i deserve 2nd hand where she needs  the gold

your lucky mate you dont deal with women like us married blokes

Done & Dusted with that but I mean no disrespect to those who enjoy a partnership with someone. 

I was always a travelling salesman & a bit of a ladies man so no long term stuff was going to happen. I am not complaining & if I want something I buy it, so I guess I am lucky that way. 

So Cheers to all & drink up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

well  seeing though i am still in some down time as far as brewing  , it  gave me the perfect oppurtunity to get my fermenting
fridge all sorted    

went and brought a sheet of marine ply   for a shelf  put some legs  on it for some stability to take the weight

Little dissapointed  as i cant get my fermzilla 27l in there as it stands to tall

but it handles the 35litre snubby perfectly

i wont use my coopers fermenter on this shelf  as where i attach the screws  and becuse they are not really counter sunk
i dont want to be scratching that fermenter but the good news is my make shift  shelf can be removed and the coopers can easily sit on bottom of fridge floor
with ease 

at the moment i put my snubby in there with 28litres of the clearest beer in the world to  see if the  shelf will take the weight  and it does

The other bit of News My Landlord has approved me  in get external gpo  for outside providing a sparky does it

20211010_153021.thumb.jpg.6e6dc1f015c34e585601904768bc4ce5.jpg 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Scored a hard to find all fridge 330 litre today for 80 bucks. The older lady turned it on so could hear it run. My older almost same 335 litre overheats when gets to warm and cuts out. She said it still runs fine and she upgraded so let's hope it's true and I don't need to go back and wrestle a grandmother 😄. Got a bit of rough ride in ute will let it sit before plug in tomorrow or Monday when brew another lager.

20211218_191934.jpg

20211218_191947.jpg

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 6:26 PM, jamiek86 said:

Scored a hard to find all fridge 330 litre today for 80 bucks. The older lady turned it on so could hear it run. My older almost same 335 litre overheats when gets to warm and cuts out. She said it still runs fine and she upgraded so let's hope it's true and I don't need to go back and wrestle a grandmother 😄. Got a bit of rough ride in ute will let it sit before plug in tomorrow or Monday when brew another lager.

20211218_191934.jpg

20211218_191947.jpg

Looks very similar to the one I bought from the old girl down my street for $80, works fine so no granny wrestling for me 🤣🤣😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The first two things I learn from the forum were Temp control and Conditioning temp after bottling.

I had a spare fridge so one job fixed, was given a few spare FV's, have 5 now, so started looking for another fridge.

Found this monster a few days later about a K up the road

Holds four Fementers, this will be a huge help with winter brewing. 😃

20220129_094129.thumb.jpg.38cfc258a8827a3d5d57107b636543d7.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The first two things I learn from the forum were Temp control and Conditioning temp after bottling.

I had a spare fridge so one job fixed, was given a few spare FV's, have 5 now, so started looking for another fridge.

Wow what a great find, Cheers Mate !!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That's an impressive fridge. Well done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

Amaze-balls, DavM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Um, anyone know of any Fridge mechanics? The kegerator's on the blink and won't cool anymore. 😩 Eastern suburbs Melbourne Vic Australia. 

Ouch, that doesn't sound too good Mick, if I remember you haven't had that long either ? Gotta keep the beer cold, so good luck mate !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Um, anyone know of any Fridge mechanics? The kegerator's on the blink and won't cool anymore. 😩 Eastern suburbs Melbourne Vic Australia. 

I recall a discussion on the Kegging Day thread (I think) about diagnosing kegerator failing issues.

Alternatively call Kegland.  They have spare parts and may be able to help you diagnose the issue and supply any spare parts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I recall a discussion on the Kegging Day thread (I think) about diagnosing kegerator failing issues.

Alternatively call Kegland.  They have spare parts and may be able to help you diagnose the issue and supply any spare parts.

i dare say @Mickep  has the same issue i had with    my 1st kegerator

@Mickep  has been in contact  i believe   with Kegland    

if its the same issue as mine @Shamus O'Sean  no spare parts from kegland is going to fix it

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, Mickep said:

Well, after much emailing to kegland about the broken series X kegerator which I'd purchased from Gash - the prognosis was that it was not repairable. Most likely a small refrigerant leak which would be troublesome to locate and fix. I was a bit gutted by the news.

Anyway, I'd asked Kegland if they ever sold stock which had been slightly damaged ( small cosmetic scratches etc.) and the guy fro Kegland said that they occasionally get some in.

Well, happy to report that about 3-4 days ago got a call to say a brand new unit was available which had some very minor cosmetic wear. It was heavily discounted so I jumped at the opportunity.

Once I got the new unit home I suddenly realised (or perhaps I was just in denial) that I'd have to put this sucker together. This is definitely now my thing. I started mid morning today and by early arvo the job was done - don't know how I did it to be honest but chuffed just the same. Now I'm back kegging and happy with life again.

Out with the old - and in with the new.

289670429_1152203368960733_1169695826444663779_n.jpg

289292238_447276363463015_7415409951101630692_n.jpg

289995229_694631371600059_1285724095444433235_n.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey Mick, good to hear you got it sorted, did you get any compensation given the other one was faulty ? I am afraid I haven't heard much good news about them in general, one of my mate's has had his for 6 month's & he is complaining about temperature problems, another stopped using his completely.

I am aware that a lot of you have them & are obviously happy but I am thinking my old 32 year old Westinghouse home made version ( Thanks to Hoppy ) will go on for quite a while to come.

Anyway mate, just keep the beer cold.

Cheers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Mick, good to hear you got it sorted, did you get any compensation given the other one was faulty ? I am afraid I haven't heard much good news about them in general, one of my mate's has had his for 6 month's & he is complaining about temperature problems, another stopped using his completely.

I am aware that a lot of you have them & are obviously happy but I am thinking my old 32 year old Westinghouse home made version ( Thanks to Hoppy ) will go on for quite a while to come.

Anyway mate, just keep the beer cold.

Cheers.

Mine has been flawless so far (approx 9 months). Great for those of us who don’t want another full size fridge in the house.

They have a decent warranty and Kegland are easy to deal with so I don’t think there’s anything to be too concerned about.

• Like 1

Just now, Dustin Frothman said:

Mine has been flawless so far (approx 9 months). Great for those of us who don’t want another full size fridge in the house.

They have a decent warranty and Kegland are easy to deal with so I don’t think there’s anything to be too concerned about.

Yes I understand that & I agree KL are a great company & also I understand the fridge footprint in the house. They are also a handsome looking unit, I was poised to buy one but a last minute decision made resulted in getting one of the fridges converted ( my old brew fridge ) Probably spent about the same money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Well, after much emailing to kegland about the broken series X kegerator which I'd purchased from Gash - the prognosis was that it was not repairable. Most likely a small refrigerant leak which would be troublesome to locate and fix. I was a bit gutted by the news.

Anyway, I'd asked Kegland if they ever sold stock which had been slightly damaged ( small cosmetic scratches etc.) and the guy fro Kegland said that they occasionally get some in.

Well, happy to report that about 3-4 days ago got a call to say a brand new unit was available which had some very minor cosmetic wear. It was heavily discounted so I jumped at the opportunity.

Once I got the new unit home I suddenly realised (or perhaps I was just in denial) that I'd have to put this sucker together. This is definitely now my thing. I started mid morning today and by early arvo the job was done - don't know how I did it to be honest but chuffed just the same. Now I'm back kegging and happy with life again.

Well Done, not easy ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

i new  you could handle this one Mick,  i have been where you was at not so long ago  and i feel the pain my good wife did by putting it all back together  (she was able to get her mits down the font to undo and re screw the font ( i have huge mits that cant get in that font.

however  you stepped up  took it on the chin got another great deal and you didnt waste beer in the process

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes I understand that & I agree KL are a great company & also I understand the fridge footprint in the house. They are also a handsome looking unit, I was poised to buy one but a last minute decision made resulted in getting one of the fridges converted ( my old brew fridge ) Probably spent about the same money.

Update on Fridges ...

I was talking to my pilot mate ( with the new boat ) discussing a day out fishing & I showed him some photos of my new Beer Taps etc & he said I could have bought his old 2 Tap Kegerator but it's not a Series X & probably not worth that much so I declined. For the amount I would have offered him, he would be wise to just keep it as a beer fridge.

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

did you get any compensation given the other one was faulty ?

Hey Classic, as I bought this from Gavin (Gash from the Home Brew Network website) second hand It didn't come with a warranty unfortunately. But I knew that and bought it anyway. I definitely had my eyes wide open so I can't complain. It had only been used basically for website video demo's. It was in great condition, just couldn't predict that it would develop a micro refrigerant leak somewhere. I've got a brand new slightly dented (minor cosmetic) unit now and have a full warranty on it so hopefully all good. Just glad to be able to get the kegs cold again.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey Classic, as I bought this from Gavin (Gash from the Home Brew Network website) second hand It didn't come with a warranty unfortunately. But I knew that and bought it anyway. I definitely had my eyes wide open so I can't complain. It had only been used basically for website video demo's. It was in great condition, just couldn't predict that it would develop a micro refrigerant leak somewhere. I've got a brand new slightly dented (minor cosmetic) unit now and have a full warranty on it so hopefully all good. Just glad to be able to get the kegs cold again.

Hey Classic, as I bought this from Gavin (Gash from the Home Brew Network website) second hand It didn't come with a warranty unfortunately.

Fair enough, I never thought of that. Sounds like you have it sorted now.

• Like 1