Coopers Community

Site is back, did anybody else have withdrawal symptoms?

Aussiekraut

28 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

When the site went down the other day, I started getting really nervous 🙂 Part of my morning routine is browsing through the forums and when I can't do that, I get a little antsy 😂 I suspect I may be a little on the spectrum.

Yes it throws out my whole routine, first thing I do is crank up the coffee & hit the forum, it usually dies down mid-morning & then you can get on with beer making activities etc.

It seems to back working so I hope it will last this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barramullafella said:

As long as ya not feeling Grumpy as the other dwarfs may get jealous - hahaha I cracked a funny 🙂

I was driving one day and I rear ended a car.  We pulled into a nearby parking lot and out of the car I had hit stepped a little person, a dwarf if you will. He said "I'm not happy",so I asked "Then which one are you?"

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The seven dwarfs were all in a hot tub. They were all feeling happy, then Happy got out.

Edited by CLASSIC
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I think it was a little easier before as now you have to keep logging in after an absence & a few other minor changes.

I prefer the other way - how many of us log in from public computers? @Coopers DIY Beer Team Previously I'd get a popup telling me someone had replied to a post but now I don;'t because it's logged me off in the background.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I prefer the other way - how many of us log in from public computers? @Coopers DIY Beer Team Previously I'd get a popup telling me someone had replied to a post but now I don;'t because it's logged me off in the background.

Yeah I know I used to walk past the computer before & notice a new message, now you have to log on to see. It's hard to get used to the change.

9 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah I know I used to walk past the computer before & notice a new message, now you have to log on to see. It's hard to get used to the change.

The annoyance is why I linked the Team in - maybe they can put it on the 'improvements' list? Along with putting the [Start New Topic] and [Reply to this Topic] back above the post titles where it makes sense... 

10 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

The annoyance is why I linked the Team in - maybe they can put it on the 'improvements' list? Along with putting the [Start New Topic] and [Reply to this Topic] back above the post titles where it makes sense... 

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Coopers DIY Beer Team 

And now I'm having a problem actually posting this - I have NOT made a post within 2 mins (and it's another change they have made) but I get the error and it will not post.

Doesn't seem to happen on initial post. EDIT: I'm doing an Edit to see if it happens now.

This time it worked. 

@Coopers DIY Beer TeamThe symptom is you get a [Submit] button on the Edit instead of a [Save] button and the Edit window stays open at the bottom even though the Edit has been posted.

Seems to be working as normal again now.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I just did a post in the Blether forum and while it let me post and cleared the window, the Edit window stayed in place. By Edit window I mean the box at bottom stays with all the Edit options visible - like this...

image.thumb.png.c0363cb8efd56afb61ebb78866268956.png

Edited by Journeyman

The planet has bigger problems to deal with but this site going haywire is just another irregularity I've had to deal with this week on top of the usual working full time.
We've had painters in our house this week and next week, so we're moving house internally and constantly.
My Transit cacked itself and I haven't had much time to organise it's repair.
Finally got NBN in our street and switched over but now having a small sh1t fight with the previous wireless provider. I'm about 2 months short of fulfilling a 3 year contract with them and they want to slug me 1.5 months rental (about $90) plus $100 disconnection. I told them you've been disconnecting me more than 50 times in the past year for free and now I sought a reliable service you want to charge me?
Now it's Saturday, my only day off and all I want to do is punt, drink and watch footy but the fun police is barking at me to,
"Put this bed back together."
"When will you put the curtains back up?"
"I need the washing machine put back or can't do the washing." And it goes on and on.
On top of all that, now that the house is a new colour I know she'll spend more than the Vatican does on interior refurbishments so everything matches. FFS.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

The planet has bigger problems to deal with but this site going haywire is just another irregularity I've had to deal with this week on top of the usual working full time.
We've had painters in our house this week and next week, so we're moving house internally and constantly.
My Transit cacked itself and I haven't had much time to organise it's repair.
Finally got NBN in our street and switched over but now having a small sh1t fight with the previous wireless provider. I'm about 2 months short of fulfilling a 3 year contract with them and they want to slug me 1.5 months rental (about $90) plus $100 disconnection. I told them you've been disconnecting me more than 50 times in the past year for free and now I sought a reliable service you want to charge me?
Now it's Saturday, my only day off and all I want to do is punt, drink and watch footy but the fun police is barking at me to,
"Put this bed back together."
"When will you put the curtains back up?"
"I need the washing machine put back or can't do the washing." And it goes on and on.
On top of all that, now that the house is a new colour I know she'll spend more than the Vatican does on interior refurbishments so everything matches. FFS.

Holy Hell Muzzy, that's enough to stress an elephant, I would have a beer & think about it then have another beer & ...... get it !! 

These are the times I am glad I am single, so hope it works out for you, why don't you have a beer ? Cheers. 🍻

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

a small sh1t fight with the previous wireless provider. I'm about 2 months short of fulfilling a 3 year contract with them and they want to slug me 1.5 months rental (about $90) plus $100 disconnection

Mention the Ombudsman - they hate that word. If needed ring the Ombudsman and ask what your options are if the ISP is non-compliant.

• Like 1

@Classic Brewing Co Regardless of work to be done, I'm going to the footy and getting on the brews. That's a non-negotiable.

@Journeyman I've already asked them to reconsider the $100 fee as the product hasn't been up to standard and I'll seek advice from the Telco Ombudsman if the fee is charged. 🙂 Not bitching about the 1.5 months rent because we're half way through a month and my T&C stipulate I have to give a month's notice of disconnection. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

@Classic Brewing Co Regardless of work to be done, I'm going to the footy and getting on the brews. That's a non-negotiable.

@Journeyman I've already asked them to reconsider the $100 fee as the product hasn't been up to standard and I'll seek advice from the Telco Ombudsman if the fee is charged. 🙂 Not bitching about the 1.5 months rent because we're half way through a month and my T&C stipulate I have to give a month's notice of disconnection. 

Good ony'a bugger the work beer sounds like a better idea than playing home reno's. Cheers.