Coopers Community

SA State Amateur Homebrewing competition open for entries

Gusk

Hi,

The entry portal for the 2021 SA State Amateur Brewing Competition is open for entries. The deadline for entry is 6pm, Friday August 13 and bottle drop by COB at supporting venues on Friday or at the Irish Club in the city on Saturday between 11 am and 1pm.
All the details on the website www.sabsosa.com.au

SABSOSA-2021-Poster-768x1086.png

Hi @Gusk  Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting this.

I have looked at these online before & have been reluctant to do anything about it, it would be interesting to see how many other South Aussies respond to this post.

It specifies All Grain or Kits so I guess all a bloke has to do is submit an entry, anyone else ??

Cheers

Phil

6 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

OK I am in I just entered 2 beers in the competition, this Pale Ale tastes alright to me so let's see what happens !! 🤔

Let's see you Journeyman, Paleman, Muzzy ( Hilltops in ) come on you fellow Crow Eaters. 

NW Pale Ale for COMP.jpg

Yeah, nah. Zero interest in having my beer judged.
It's not even my beer, it's Coopers. It's like entering a cake at the Royal Show with a packet of White Wings cake mix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Hi @Gusk  Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting this.

I have looked at these online before & have been reluctant to do anything about it, it would be interesting to see how many other South Aussies respond to this post.

It specifies All Grain or Kits so I guess all a bloke has to do is submit an entry, anyone else ??

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil.

It's been running for 22 years. The entries are usually around the 360 mark - so yes, there are a lot of SA brewers entering. It's all grain, kit, bits... whatever you want as long as it's homebrewed. Enter a beer and you might be surprised or at least get constructive feedback. 

It's run by the SA Brew Club. There's a lot of knowledge there.

18 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

OK so will I, gotta start somewhere !!

Exactly. You will either get a nice surprise or get constructive feedback on the judge's score sheets. Winning beers go on to Nationals.

17 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah, nah. Zero interest in having my beer judged.
It's not even my beer, it's Coopers. It's like entering a cake at the Royal Show with a packet of White Wings cake mix.

That doesn't matter. There's a lot that go right and wrong making a kit beer. The judges don't know. They are served tasters.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gusk said:

Exactly. You will either get a nice surprise or get constructive feedback on the judge's score sheets. Winning beers go on to Nationals.

I seriously don't think I will get anywhere but you have to be in to win it !

If the competition is anywhere near to some of the beers posted on this forum it will be very competitive. 

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I seriously don't think I will get anywhere but you have to be in to win it !

If the competition is anywhere near to some of the beers posted on this forum it will be very competitive. 

i think personelly,  its not about  about the winning  but to actually find  feedback from  the judges the important thing 

and i wish you the luck of the world  with your entry   and get some good feedback  on your beer and you will know  what to improve for next time

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

i think personelly,  its not about  about the winning  but to actually find  feedback from  the judges the important thing 

and i wish you the luck of the world  with your entry   and get some good feedback  on your beer and you will know  what to improve for next time

Cheers, I am interested in feedback as I have had pretty good remarks from my mates.