Coopers Community

Site problems

Journeyman

On 8/28/2021 at 7:03 AM, RepSpec said:

Just tried to upload photos and post from Android 11...doesn't work

What the hell happened here?

Which browser are you using? I run Linux and recently I've had several sites refuse service from Chromium but the exact same thing works fine in Opera.

Did you log in? One issue since the 'fixed' things recently is we get logged out rather too often - they're working on it but in the meantime you can get logged out behind the scenes even while you are typing a post.

Just tried to upload photos and post from Android 11...doesn't work

I have Windows 10 on the Office Computer & mainly use Microsoft Edge as I find it more stable & user friendly than Chrome.

There is a Microsoft app called 'Your Phone Companion'  & if you have Android 11 you can download it for free & link your phone with your PC, once everything is in sync it allows you to operate your phone from your computer i.e. you can;

• Take a photo & it will be instantly be in the photo section ready for editing or sending.
  • Send & receive SMS messages also effortlessly attach photos, you can also drag & drop.
  • Make & receive calls.
  • View Emails & send.

You can also mirror your phone screen & lot's of other nifty features.

Everything of mine is Samsung so linking the 65" Smart TV 4k means I can shoot a video on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G in 4k & watch it on the TV. There are so many other 'smart' things you can do. I would imagine most Android models would be compatible.

The wonders of technology. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RepSpec said:

i think it was actually the signing me out problem.

I mean, were people having issues before? If not, why change it to having to sign in all the time?

Even when "keep me signed in'' is selected?

It appears to be fixed as of this AM. (the sign in issue) so cross fingers.

As to why it happened, my guess is when they did an update to fix the site access issues, they made the changes in an offline version of the site, tested they worked and then uploaded it. Again a guess but I reckon they had made some other changes in the live version that had not been replicated in the offline version so those changes, such as 'keep me logged in' got overwritten.

Either that or we got an old version of the user database and our choices hadn't been saved to that DB.

But, *touchwood* I started up this morning and the site knew who I was, so that's a plus. Now to see if it notifies me for new content. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

It appears to be fixed as of this AM. (the sign in issue) so cross fingers.

As to why it happened, my guess is when they did an update to fix the site access issues, they made the changes in an offline version of the site, tested they worked and then uploaded it. Again a guess but I reckon they had made some other changes in the live version that had not been replicated in the offline version so those changes, such as 'keep me logged in' got overwritten.

Either that or we got an old version of the user database and our choices hadn't been saved to that DB.

But, *touchwood* I started up this morning and the site knew who I was, so that's a plus. Now to see if it notifies me for new content. 😄

Don't want to go too early but it does appear that the sign in issue has disappeared. 😬

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Don't want to go too early but it does appear that the sign in issue has disappeared. 😬

I got a notify in the tab bar that there were 2 notifications. (you 'Liking' & then Replying) Didn't show you had quoted me but I'm not that fussed about that, just so I can glance and see tehre's new content. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have tried every way but the one I am trying to attach now is 5.3mb, I wonder if they have introduced a file size limit.

You did say 2.2MB was giving issues which is why my 3rd one was 2.4MB. Worked fine.