Coopers Community

Site problems

Journeyman

10 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah. I had trouble getting back in here. My account is always left open on my PC but I had to log back in today. Had trouble remembering email address and password. Got there in the end...obviously.

I leave mine logged in all the time as I spend a bit of time on the forum & the Internet. In this day & age there are too many Usernames, Passwords, Pins etc. 

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

it looks like it may have been an upgrade that was my first thought as noticed using a phone it's different to navigate the site and different colours highlighting topics.

I mainly use the computer as I find it quicker & easier but I have used the phone occasionally, I have noticed a few colour changes also. 

1 minute ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Dear All, yes we've just completed an upgrade. We've reported the issues you've and we hope to have resolved ASAP.  Thanks again for your patience. Cheers!

Good one Guys, we are glad to have it back, I assume all of the statistics on members will return as before.

Cheers.

Phil

1 hour ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Dear All, yes we've just completed an upgrade. We've reported the issues you've and we hope to have resolved ASAP.  Thanks again for your patience. Cheers!

thanks  i reckon some of these guys was starting to get very bad withdrawal symptoms  and was about to check into rehab.

As for the statistics and rank personnelly i dont care about that feature  as far as i am concerned everyone is equal even my enemies  so if that does return or doest it wont bother me to much

Thankyou for keeping us informed  

may the beer start flowing again
oz

• Like 1

Oddity - they've also put the [Start New Topic] & [Reply to this topic] under the post title - looks strange.

My guess is IT messed up the user DB when they uploaded the original fix - that might be where the user info has vanished to. They will have to import the use data into the new DB.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Hey Coopers, it looks like the edit button is gone since the upgrade, and the possibility to delete a post. Is that intentional? If so, please bring it back ASAP. 

Cheers,

Christina.

34 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@ChristinaS1 and possibly other members.

The Edit and delete functions have been moved to be hidden in the three horizontal dots menu at top right hand side of your post.  See screen capture below for reference.

ChristinaS.PNG

Sorry posted pic without arrow to draw your attention to what I was talking about so here it is.

ChristinaS.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Coopers DIY Beer team, other forum users, 

I'm having an issue with having to continually sign in to the web site. Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes Mick we all are and there are post scattered all around to the Coopers team to fix it for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Yes Mick we all are and there are post scattered all around to the Coopers team to fix it for us.

I don't like complaining but I find to log on is a 4-step routine to get to the Home Page, I imagine most of us have got unlimited NBN so connecting to the Internet is not a problem, for those in rural/outback regions it could be.

If it was up to me I would say restore everything back to how it was.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Coopers DIY Beer team, other forum users, 

I'm having an issue with having to continually sign in to the web site. Anyone else having the same issue?

yes as others have said we are all in the same boat

I could live with having to log on every 24 hours

I have actually timed it to when it signs you out

its 10-15min  

its a pain at the moment , hopefully tommorow the @Coopers DIY Beer Team  see's our posts and fixes this issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

Yes, same here but not worried about having to log in each time I visit.

the problem is its not each time you visit   

you could get logged out during replying or creating a thread

and you have re-type everything back out and hope the best you dont get logged out again

us blokes are not that quick of typists  and if your like me a 2 finger typer   it takes a bit of time to type out lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barramullafella said:

Yes, same here but not worried about having to log in each time I visit.

What is most annoying is I have multiple tabs open - I used to be able to glance at the Forums tab and see double lines (like the Pause button symbol) for someone had commented or a number for how many reactions or comments to MY posts. 

Now there's nothing and I have to refresh the page to get the Sign In option, click to sign in and then scan the forums to see if anything is new. @Coopers DIY Beer Team

Amd we thought things were rough when it just went to the error page... 😄

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, ozdevil said:

the problem is its not each time you visit   
you could get logged out during replying or creating a thread
and you have re-type everything back out and hope the best you dont get logged out again
us blokes are not that quick of typists  and if your like me a 2 finger typer   it takes a bit of time to type out lol

OK it doesn't fix the problem & you may already know this, but until Coopers fix things... Type out your response then before clicking Submit, select all your text and press [Ctrl]+C - this copies all the text to the clipboard. (a memory thing) 

Then if the site logs you out, you can log in, go back to the post, click [Reply] and then use [Ctrl]+V to paste all the text back in there.

I figure the issues we see are a goof from the web designer - if the fast log outs and other issues were security 'features' standard practice is to announce them. No announcement means either somebody thought it would be a good idea and just did it, they defaulted to an original setting in the forums software, or someone goofed.

@Coopers DIY Beer Teamhas been pretty responsive so I presume he's passed along the feedback and we're waiting for IT to fix things. (which would imply it's NOT a default software setting as that is just a quick change to a number in the setup)

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

OK it doesn't fix the problem & you may already know this, but until Coopers fix things... Type out your response then before clicking Submit, select all your text and press [Ctrl]+C - this copies all the text to the clipboard. (a memory thing) 

Then if the site logs you out, you can log in, go back to the post, click [Reply] and then use [Ctrl]+V to paste all the text back in there.

I agree with you on that @Journeyman but also I have found if you are typing for a while & go to post & you can't, simply go through the process of logging in again 😬 & go back to your original post ( which will be empty ) & simply click in the blank space & your previous intended post is already there for you, either continue with your comments or simply click submit - it works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I figure the issues we see are a goof from the web designer - if the fast log outs and other issues were security 'features' standard practice is to announce them. No announcement means either somebody thought it would be a good idea and just did it, they defaulted to an original setting in the forums software, or someone goofed.

@Coopers DIY Beer Teamhas been pretty responsive so I presume he's passed along the feedback and we're waiting for IT to fix things. (which would imply it's NOT a default software setting as that is just a quick change to a number in the setup)

Journeyman
I already do that  as thisd is not the only forum i have seen this happen on   and when it happens i do as what you have suggested

As for  the @Coopers DIY Beer Team being pretty responsive and passing on feedback, I couldnt agree more with you 
@Coopers DIY Beer Team  do an awesome job and i  hope the It department can fix thing things soon  and  I sent a private message to  coopers diy beer Team and was more then satisfide  with the response and was told that this issue is a priorty issue  as they totally understand

In the mean time  i'll be just doing as what you said   type out  and ctrl+c the ctrl+v into the post thread  just in case i am to slow to post

We're still working with the tech team on extending the login time-out. On the bright side, as some of you have already noted, if you are bumped mid-way through crafting your pearls of wisdom, whatever you had composed up to the bump should still be there when you log back in.  I started this post about an hour ago and just came back to it and what had previously written was there when I hit reply. 🙂 

Cheers, Bigears. 

• Like 5