Coopers Community

CO2 who do you purchase your gas off

ozdevil

Hey all

in the past 12 months i have gone with gas and thought this is great but i am just about to start my last bottle of co2
and have just purchased 1x 6kg  and 1x2.6kg foodgrade co2  from kegland

I think  79+1 bottle free from boc is a tad expensive  as i usually order 2x6kg bottles at a time for the fear of running out

once i return my boc thats me done with them   

I am also going to do a swap and go when the kegland gas runs out  which will cost me:

6kg = $55 
2.6 = $35
400g= $19

all delivered to my door  at no extra cost

This will be through Gasguyz

what deals are you guys getting that keg

5 minutes ago, Stickers said:

sugagas. 6kg bottle rental @$4.95 per month, $33 per swap (next day delivered) [prices include GST]. melbourne metro.

is there a delivery fee   on that

gasguyzs  is no rental  as basicly you still own the bottle at the end of the day  ya just swapping empty for full

$33 is pretty good   

Just now, ozdevil said:

is there a delivery fee   on that

gasguyzs  is no rental  as basicly you still own the bottle at the end of the day  ya just swapping empty for full

$33 is pretty good   

$33 includes delivery yeah. i don't drive so it's a perfect solution for me

• Like 2

Yeah, good question. Any of the Brissy keggers, where do you go? I don't like those swap and go places as you have a brand spanking new gas bottle and end up with the crapiest of the crappy. Quality Home Brew in Slacks Creek apparently do 2.3kg refills for around 33 bucks. Anybody cheaper, preferably not on the north side?

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

once i return my boc thats me done with them   

Double check your cancellation - I've seen posts about people having to fight to not be charged for the next year rental even though they have returned the bottle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Double check your cancellation - I've seen posts about people having to fight to not be charged for the next year rental even though they have returned the bottle.

mate will do, if the do charge me and they charge me for 12 months more they will want to tell me what they are providing for 12 months of nothing
but  i'll just  use the 1 bottle and return and be done with them totally and fully close the account

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yeah, good question. Any of the Brissy keggers, where do you go? I don't like those swap and go places as you have a brand spanking new gas bottle and end up with the crapiest of the crappy. Quality Home Brew in Slacks Creek apparently do 2.3kg refills for around 33 bucks. Anybody cheaper, preferably not on the north side?

I get what you mean with swap and go

but having your own and getting them filled  and something goes wrong the onus is on you.  like they are out of date and need retesting and stamped

where as the onus is on swap and go company if something goes wrong other then you  connecting it wrong

i'm still  looking  into this  

having my own gas bottles now whether it will be cheaper to get refilled  or swap and go

Filled up mine for the first time last week. 

Went to FES in Bayswater (Melbourne) - $22 to fill up the 6kg

Had spoken with Supagas and BOC prior to that - however they weren't helpful.

2 hours ago, Yuley said:

Filled up mine for the first time last week. 

Went to FES in Bayswater (Melbourne) - $22 to fill up the 6kg

Had spoken with Supagas and BOC prior to that - however they weren't helpful.

boc and supagas wouldnt be as they are only interest if ya spending money on their gear

$22 to fill a 6kg i wish i lived in Bayswater

On 7/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Green Blob said:

I use Marlin, what's the price like there? I think I pay 44

I only have one of those aluminium Diemen 1.1kg bottles. It's less than $20 if I remember correctly. I can't think what the place is called. It's on Hartley Street on the same side and end as the Cash and Carry.

I tried a nearly local fire protection company. I wouldn't go back to them, industrial grade CO2 but I doubt that it is much different from food grade CO2, they had my 6kg bottle for weeks and were very expensive for a re-fill. I found Country Brewer at Toormina did re-fills so I went there - 2.6kg = $29.50 and 6kg = $48.00. Happy with that.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, Journeyman said:

they have stung me , they wont get me next year atleast i have a free bottle up me sleeve  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I tried a nearly local fire protection company. I wouldn't go back to them, industrial grade CO2 but I doubt that it is much different from food grade CO2, they had my 6kg bottle for weeks and were very expensive for a re-fill. I found Country Brewer at Toormina did re-fills so I went there - 2.6kg = $29.50 and 6kg = $48.00. Happy with that.

Apparently there is little difference between the Food grade CO2 and Industrial. The medical grade I understand is of a very high standard being free of most impurities.

Also the difference between industrial CO2 and food grade is the make up of the container that they have been stored in. Some are glass lined.  And the lack of impurities such as petroleum contaminates.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kmar92 said:

industrial grade CO2 but I doubt that it is much different from food grade CO2, they had my 6kg bottle for weeks and were very expensive for a re-fill

What was their excuse for having it so long? And 'very expensive' sound quite different to the other reports.

12 hours ago, ozdevil said:

they have stung me , they wont get me next year atleast i have a free bottle up me sleeve  

Do you mean they hit you for another year? Were you past the anniversary date or something?

5 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

What was their excuse for having it so long? And 'very expensive' sound quite different to the other reports.

Do you mean they hit you for another year? Were you past the anniversary date or something?

unfortunately   just, i thought i had 1 month to go before i need to cancel

have set a reminder on phone and pc  to remind me a month before due so as to cancel in 2022

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I had rung the fire protection guys in advance to find out if they could do the refill while I waited, as they are a 45 min drive from me, they said yes they could. When I got there they said that they were too busy to refill it straight away and I would have to leave the cylinder. Next they advised me that the guy that did the refills was off sick and there would be a delay. When it was supposed to be ready they let me know that the had run out of CO2 and were waiting on a delivery. Eventually, after a 4 week wait, they did deliver the refilled cylinder back to me and charged me $88 to refill a 6kg cylinder!

Obviously they will not be getting any further custom from me!

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I had rung the fire protection guys in advance to find out if they could do the refill while I waited, as they are a 45 min drive from me, they said yes they could. When I got there they said that they were too busy to refill it straight away and I would have to leave the cylinder. Next they advised me that the guy that did the refills was off sick and there would be a delay. When it was supposed to be ready they let me know that the had run out of CO2 and were waiting on a delivery. Eventually, after a 4 week wait, they did deliver the refilled cylinder back to me and charged me $88 to refill a 6kg cylinder!

Obviously they will not be getting any further custom from me!

mate thats  just not on ,  88$ to fill   crikeys  thats highway robbery and you had to wait a month  ..

i would have complain to  accc about that as they should deliver in a timely manor

i accept the guy was crook a week at best
a delivery of gas 1-2 days at best
other excuses dont wash with

me

• Like 2