Coopers Community

Bottling Big

SHunt

24 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've been waiting for these. Supposed to be available 14/7 but now been pushed out to Sept. I'm betting the Covid vaccine will be fully rolled out before these arrive. 😄 

the rapt fermenting chamber and the new  4.0 brewzilla's was suppose to have been available at start of 2021  but are still alongway off  

don't worry  when they arrive you will want to order them straight away  as i reckon these 8l kegs will fly out the door quicker then we can press the payment button

• Like 2

I've been eyeing off this package for ages but there's always something not available. Currently it's the regulator. When the above plastic kegs came up my idea was to bring them in for the steel kegs. There'd be a few other equipment adjustments that would need to be made also but I think the 8 litre kegs would suit my lifestyle. Compact and light enough to pack in the esky for a day at the footy etc. I don't find bottles too choresome so I'd still use them as well.

https://www.kegland.com.au/bronco-tap-starter-kit-great-beginners-keg-system.html

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've been eyeing off this package for ages but there's always something not available. Currently it's the regulator. When the above plastic kegs came up my idea was to bring them in for the steel kegs. There'd be a few other equipment adjustments that would need to be made also but I think the 8 litre kegs would suit my lifestyle. Compact and light enough to pack in the esky for a day at the footy etc. I don't find bottles too choresome so I'd still use them as well.

https://www.kegland.com.au/bronco-tap-starter-kit-great-beginners-keg-system.html

i'm the oppisite     i find bottling a bit much these days  for myself  , so i keg  but i do still bottle a few from the keg when its been carbonated if i want to take to golf or a friends place etc

that package you linked to is a great little way to start a kegging juorney

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

that package you linked to is a great little way to start a kegging juorney

Yeah it has everything you need but I wouldn't order it unless they have all the items in stock. I think it'd be like buying a new car without wheels on it.
What I'm hoping to do is to speak to Kegland to make up a package using the plastic kegs instead of the steel ones and also add an extra bronco tap or two so I can have a variety of beers on tap.

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah it has everything you need but I wouldn't order it unless they have all the items in stock. I think it'd be like buying a new car without wheels on it.
What I'm hoping to do is to speak to Kegland to make up a package using the plastic kegs instead of the steel ones and also add an extra bronco tap or two so I can have a variety of beers on tap.

I think  Kegland will be accomadating and will listen to you  specially if enough people are interested in the product

8l kegs 3-4  in a fridge door with different beers in them will work a treat....

picnic/bronto taps dont take to much room up

also  if you was smart  you could use the 8l  in a esky  and use a 15 psi regulater and 16-25l cannister bulbs or 400g sodastream bottle  for when
ya at mates place or bbq

• Like 1

4-5L kegs sounded like a good idea to me, as a traveller. Could not find one second hand and ended up buying a new one. I could have bought 2 secondhand 19L for the price. I actually did not find it much use, and sold it. Probably where it would shine is making cider under pressure, using real cider (not clarified juice).  All you would need is a pressure relief valve and bingo you would have naturally carbonated cider. Put it in the fridge before it hits FG and you can have an off dry cider without having to back sweeten. 

Cheers,

Christina.

Edited by ChristinaS1
  • Like 1