Jump to content
Coopers Community

How many Beers an evening, on average?


Recommended Posts

Hi all

Just thought I'd spark up a conversation  about how many beers you enjoy daily, on an average evening? 

Me personally, if it's something from the store that's not too heavy abv, I can do 2 or 3 500ml pints. 750ml homebrew bottles 1 or 2 on average. Weekends maybe add 1 or 2 extra to those numbers 😆😉

Cheers 🍻

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try to stay away Monday to Thursday. Most times don't make it to Wednesday. 2 or 3 beers school nights if I don't make it. Friday night 4 or 5. Saturday similar. Sunday a few beers at lunch then a few later on. I reckon 20 a week average. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Try to stay away Monday to Thursday. Most times don't make it to Wednesday. 2 or 3 beers school nights if I don't make it. Friday night 4 or 5. Saturday similar. Sunday a few beers at lunch then a few later on. I reckon 20 a week average. 

Sounds good mate similar to me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

👍 your in SAF mate are you not? Calming down there of late?. Looked pretty crazy a few days ago.

In South Africa ya. It seems to have calmed down but luckily there was no rioting close to where I live 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Just thought I'd spark up a conversation  about how many beers you enjoy daily, on an average evening? 

My thoughts are there are no rules other than the boundaries you may set yourself ( on a good night ) however I personally have some sort of self control that tells me that's enough beer, let's have a wine, normally with food but you can get caught up with something like a Port with a sweet/chocolate etc. I reckon I know when I have had enough.  🤔

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

backin the days i drank pints i would carve them up like pony's

the problem  is when i get a taste for it  1 or 2 isnt enough  ,i could easily  have 10 to 12 schooners in a sitting at home

Fridays   i usually start with a  counter meal  and thats where i start  at about 1pm  have 3-4 there before  wandering down to the pig troth 
where i will catch up with a few mates and watch the quaddie unfold over the tab  and usually departing around 6pm after 6-8 schooners there

arrive home  pull me self a schooner  if i have beer in the keg  and basicly do another 4 or 5 before dropping a sleep at the computer keyboard

Saturday  wake up fresh as a daisy    head to the golf club  have my 1st schooner around 11am while putting a few bets on then  head out on the course for hit

return to club house  have a few rounds  with me golfing mates  before heading home and if  my team is playing saturday night  maybe  5-6 more schooners

Sunday  i may have a couple or might brew and have a couple or  its a day of rest.

Monday to thursday i bascly a tea totaller  , i may have a couple of   quite xpa  0% abv beers  due to my job

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Green Blob said:

For the kids reading out there - not recommended.

OK GB I will take that on board - thanks for your good wisdom and advice. 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not as many as I used to, never really did drink much during the week, usually a schooner after work and that's it. Weekends I'd get on it, but now I might be lucky to drink 10 across the whole weekend. 

Only exception is if I head out on the town or to a party. Not that there's much of that going on lately 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mon-Wed mostly nothing

Thur 2-3 schooners/pints watching footy shows

Fri 6-10 pots watching footy then Netflix

Sat 6-10 pots watching footy then Netflix

Sun 2-3 schooners/pints, maybe a 750 of big beer eg Imperial Stout/Coopers Vintage

I rarely start drinking until after dinner, unless we have visitors, or there is footy on in the afternoon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try to do a cuppla dry days in a row. Don't always (alright, rarely) manage. Try not to start until about 7 PM. Otherwise maybe two HB 33cl bottles, 1/3 bottle of red with dinner, and if I go down the bunker all bets are off 😂. Save that for the weekend though, if I can.

I'm a volonteer fireman in my neck of the woods and have to do a weekend duty every 8 weeks so I keep off the grog for that, that's for sure.

I think I posted this before, but Basque Country is the place to be :

https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/drinking-limits-around-the-world-graphic-287238/#:~:text=Basque country%3A Things are a,drink is 10g of alcohol).

 

image.png.b3f121a4f54aca61f84453cb94ac75ca.png

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I try to do a cuppla dry days in a row. Don't always (alright, rarely) manage. Try not to start until about 7 PM. Otherwise maybe two HB 33cl bottles, 1/3 bottle of red with dinner, and if I go down the bunker all bets are off 😂. Save that for the weekend though, if I can.

I'm a volonteer fireman in my neck of the woods and have to do a weekend duty every 8 weeks so I keep off the grog for that, that's for sure.

I think I posted this before, but Basque Country is the place to be :

https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/drinking-limits-around-the-world-graphic-287238/#:~:text=Basque country%3A Things are a,drink is 10g of alcohol).

 

image.png.b3f121a4f54aca61f84453cb94ac75ca.png

Nice one brother. I rarely do a dry day unless I had a BIG one the night before 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Green Blob said:

Um, truthfully? 10 to 12. 

Easily when I'm not working. Beer is beautiful.  When I'm in the mood no problem to write two thirds of a good keg off in one night. I can go eight days without while I'm working.  But it's on when I'm not.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ozdevil said:

backin the days i drank pints i would carve them up like pony's

the problem  is when i get a taste for it  1 or 2 isnt enough  ,i could easily  have 10 to 12 schooners in a sitting at home

Fridays   i usually start with a  counter meal  and thats where i start  at about 1pm  have 3-4 there before  wandering down to the pig troth 
where i will catch up with a few mates and watch the quaddie unfold over the tab  and usually departing around 6pm after 6-8 schooners there

arrive home  pull me self a schooner  if i have beer in the keg  and basicly do another 4 or 5 before dropping a sleep at the computer keyboard

Saturday  wake up fresh as a daisy    head to the golf club  have my 1st schooner around 11am while putting a few bets on then  head out on the course for hit

return to club house  have a few rounds  with me golfing mates  before heading home and if  my team is playing saturday night  maybe  5-6 more schooners

Sunday  i may have a couple or might brew and have a couple or  its a day of rest.

Monday to thursday i bascly a tea totaller  , i may have a couple of   quite xpa  0% abv beers  due to my job

 

Nice work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm that dude that has one and it's on for young and old once I have a taste. I can go without for quite a while. But get one beer in me may aswell be 30. I guess I binge. I love the taste. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a big drinker but I am a regular drinker.

I try not to drink Mon-Wed but that doesn't happen during lockdown. So a weeknight would be 1-2 schooners a night. Friday to Sunday probably 3-5 schooners.; 5 if I start in the afternoon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I'm that dude that has one and it's on for young and old once I have a taste. I can go without for quite a while. But get one beer in me may aswell be 30. I guess I binge. I love the taste. 

me in a nutshell
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did reply earlier but I am guilty of not really bothering about dry days, I look forward to a beer mid-late afternoon, I don't care what day it is, when you are retired all days seem the same.

I don't overdue it just sneak up on it quietly, I can easily drink 3 x Longnecks, PET, Grolsch - sometimes a combination of all. If somebody else calls or here a couple more would get demolished but by then I am ready to prepare dinner & generally just sip on a wine.  I haven't been 💩 face or 🤮 for years so I seem to do the same each day. As I make many different beers it is like a new adventure trying out a newly matured batch or one that has been lagering for a while. So I guess we are all creatures of habit to a point.

Cheers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...