Coopers Community

Choc Hazelnut Stout - June 2021 Craft Recipe of the Month

Thank you for sharing these, I'm based in the UK and used to download the ROTM to keep a collection of ideas when it came to my next brew day.

Now I've been through the forum and found pretty much every one of the ROTM that you have posted!

You're doing sterling work!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone try a double batch of this? I have a keg setup where 18-19 litres is perfect. Would you need to double the yeast? (Two English yeast packs, 2 from the can as well?) 4 packs of yeast seems overkill. 

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers,
Lee

15 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Anyone try a double batch of this? I have a keg setup where 18-19 litres is perfect. Would you need to double the yeast? (Two English yeast packs, 2 from the can as well?) 4 packs of yeast seems overkill. 

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers,
Lee

Hi Lee,  Welcome to the Forum.  I reckon that 15g of English Ale yeast plus 1 of the 5g packets of yet that comes with the Craft can would be enough for the double batch.  I put the double recipe into Brewfather and it said that about 21g of yeast would be enough.

Also, if you are after a keg filler, it might be cheaper to think about using one of the full sized Stout cans with the Hazelnut flavouring.  Add in 1kg of Light Dry Malt or 1.5kg of Light or Dark Liquid Malt Extract.