Coopers Community

CRAFT ROTM JUNE 2021

I am thinking the Craft ROTM looks & sounds pretty good, I am very tempted to just order it but I found even with the last months ROTM AUS IPA I sourced the ingredients separately & using what I had in stock worked out whole lot cheaper. I am not so much worried about the price rather than the wait, I reckon I will definitely have a crack at this one, sounds really nice for winter.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I like the look of the latest ROTM - I definitely will be making this one !!

The annual Coopers Vintage recipe pack is always very popular.
The base tin is the Family Secret Amber Ale, which I tried for the first time last night from my own stocks.. All I added was liq. malt extract and used CCA yeast. Bloody beautiful it was. It sort of put me off making the Vintage recipe because I didn't see the point of adding more hops to it as it was already nicely spiced. Not that I would discourage anyone else from the Vintage. That's just my tastes.

As you know Bill/Brew Maker sells Coopers products at Holden Hill, I will be sourcing my ingredients from him, all I do is place the order & go & pick them up next day or so, It's not so much the saving but it means I get my ingredients straight away. 75gms of hops seems like a lot but looking at some of the AG recipes posted it's not. 

I will make it to recipe & of course tweak it next time around.

Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

75gms of hops seems like a lot but looking at some of the AG recipes posted it's not. 

I just kegged an AG IPA and used 500g of hops haha. given, i did forgot i was not brewing a double batch but it actually tastes really good going into the keg via a siphon as the trub was an inch above the tap 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

I just kegged an AG IPA and used 500g of hops haha. given, i did forgot i was not brewing a double batch but it actually tastes really good going into the keg via a siphon as the trub was an inch above the tap 😃

Extreme brewing 😆

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Extreme brewing 😆

Yeah plus Hoppy can write it off on his tax as a cost of doing business.  Come to think of it he could probably write off 150% of it if he claims it was for R&D purposes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1