.6kg big O malted oats 

1kg rolled oats 

.5kg lactose

.3kg  dextrose 

.3kg ricehulls 

yeast: S04 x 2

Motueka hops  10g fwh 20g @15 and 20g @ 5  = 17.5 ibu's 

2kg of raspberry's after primary

has anyone used Motueka hops i haven't but sound like they would add nicely to this  i am up for all suggestions as i wont be doing this till next weekend TIA

1 hour ago, therealthing691 said:

4.8kg light lager gladfields

.6kg big O malted oats 

1kg rolled oats 

.5kg lactose

.3kg  dextrose 

.3kg ricehulls 

yeast: S04 x 2

Motueka hops  10g fwh 20g @15 and 20g @ 5  = 17.5 ibu's 

2kg of raspberry's after primary

has anyone used Motueka hops i haven't but sound like they would add nicely to this  i am up for all suggestions as i wont be doing this till next weekend TIA

I haven’t they are on the need to try out list, be interested to see how you go good luck looks tasty. Are you using frozen raspberries or fresh?

3 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

Frozen Raspberries i puree them and put them in hop cylinders  i have done this style brew plenty of times just not with these hops . Have  done it with oats without  different yeasts  etc cheers

Cheers mate looking at using Raspberries soon so was interested in your technique cheers 🍻 Do you have a SS fermenter or a plastic and do you use a separate one for fruit if so.

same one  which is plastic i just  puree frozen one which i thaw a bit before pureeing  and fit a1kg in each hop cylinder in the past i have used Maslin cloth to contain them . It is easier then doing them commando at  least i think so but each to there own.  When i have done them commando i have transfer to a secondary FV  before cold crashing . As i am using oats this time i will only CC for 24hrs at 1c  cant see the use of doing it longer

• Like 1

well mash done boiling done  reduced the ibu's to 15 . Mashed rolled oats and a 1kg of grain first with rolled oats in maslin cloth . Did the rest in the recipe after that minus the maslin and rolled oats .I will see what the BHE is tomorrow itts hot cubed in the fermenting fridge cooling to pitching temp for tomorrow. Was a good day all in all taking the rod for a test lap in between mashing and after the start of boil

cheers and enjoy the long week end

20210613_164334.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Different beer for sure, well done for trying something you like and I am glad it turned out well.
No way I would brew something like that.

Looks great too actually, I like the not so subtle show off picture with the mash!!!

• Haha 3

On 7/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Green Blob said:

Different beer for sure, well done for trying something you like and I am glad it turned out well.
No way I would brew something like that.

Looks great too actually, I like the not so subtle show off picture with the mash!!!

ohhhhh forget that was in the driveway  not...... was doin laps between mashing and boiling etc  that is 1 of three hobbies life is not all about work but it helps with paying for things work hard play hard cheers doin a brew this week end will post later this week 

• Like 1