Coopers Community

HOME BREW vs COMMERCIAL BEER

On 6/8/2021 at 5:41 PM, Green Blob said:

Bitter is okay.
I like JS Shackles with a pub feed, decent beer.

My old man lives on the Gold Coast and he called the Four ex Bitter his mothers milk. They recently changed the recipe and lowered the ABV. My old man is now an unhappy chappy.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

I like it a lot but also Coopers, a bit of a toss up in my opinion.

Yes Coopers is very much up there, i wouldnt scoff at either. Southark stout is a little creamier and less roasty. It depends on your mood at the time.

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yes Coopers is very much up there, i wouldnt scoff at either. Southark stout is a little creamier and less roasty. It depends on your mood at the time.

Agreed, but try telling the Mexicans that. 🤣 Also across the border they reckon theirs is better but we know which ones are best.

• Like 1

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Agreed, but try telling the Mexicans that. 🤣 Also across the border they reckon theirs is better but we know which ones are best.

What other commercial stouts would be better than Coopers or Southark? Guinness on tap is lovely, but i cant think of much else really.

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

What other commercial stouts would be better than Coopers or Southark? Guinness on tap is lovely, but i cant think of much else really.

Josh my pilot mate & I get a bus into the city & go to the Brecknock Irish Pub & get S.... F... on imperial pints of Guinness, it's a good night but you pay for a couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Pale Man  I have seen a few photos of Hoppy's Stouts on Web/FB they look awesome too.

Yes Hoppys stout is amazingly good. He's got it pouring on nitro at the moment. I'd have that over any other. I haven't tried his nitro pour yet, but he throws me a bottle every now and again.

In the past he's made a fig stout with home grown figs............it's nectar of the gods.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My old man lives on the Gold Coast and he called the Four ex Bitter his mothers milk. They recently changed the recipe and lowered the ABV. My old man is now an unhappy chappy.

lowered alcohol on 4x? is there a bitter one stronger than midstrength or same thing?

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

lowered alcohol on 4x? is there a bitter one stronger than midstrength or same thing?

XXXX Bitter is full strength. Way better than XXXX Gold trash. Its really only available in Queensland. I have lots of memorys visiting my oldies on the Gold Coast, smashing long necks of Bitter with my Dad, then onto the Bundy. His liver is made of stainless steel. He would always drink me under the table. He's slowed down these days, he only drinks a keg of his home brew a week 🤣

• Haha 2