Coopers Community

water filtration

jamiek86

looks pretty good @jamiek86   there is one slight problem   you filtered out way to much  as you can see in your picture you have filtered the colour out of that beer 🤣

what was the recipe for that beer as it very clear even the non filtered beer 🤣

• Haha 1

@ozdevil yes nice and clear for pre lager water hopefully by now it started fermenting into a nice lager beer.  And it's just a puratech inline caravan filter that filters to 1 micron. I couldn't find any other numbers on it will look properly later but paid a premium from local plumbers $93 compared to ebay where could order 2 $55 ones or one and spare filter with free postage and be better off than what I paid. I don't mind supporting local businesses for stuff like this but if I stick with down track I'll be looking at cheaper options. might even try 0.5 micron filter next time.

Just now, ozdevil said:

95 smackaroonies     the good thing is you can back wash them  which  help preserve the filter a bit more

ok so normal price then it seems that's good I got that one was reading up on one that could do that didn't realise I got one of them

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

very happy with it Jamie     makes brew water better in my opinion

not just me then before this it was straight from hose and noticed alot more lag with yeast kicking in. Now it's hose and filter can see how clear it is and almost no chlorine smell

2 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

not just me then before this it was straight from hose and noticed alot more lag with yeast kicking in. Now it's hose and filter can see how clear it is and almost no chlorine smell

the thing is though as i mainly do all grain  once you get above 80 degrees the chlorine is being boiled out of it anyway

chloromine is the hardest one to get rid of   

run my hose to the filter then use a food grade hose  to fill my brewzilla's  and the water is crystal clear and no need for a cambden tablet

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

the thing is though as i mainly do all grain  once you get above 80 degrees the chlorine is being boiled out of it anyway

chloromine is the hardest one to get rid of   

run my hose to the filter then use a food grade hose  to fill my brewzilla's  and the water is crystal clear and no need for a cambden tablet

yes I need to fix the fitting on my caravan hose that Is food grade to fit the connection for filter