Coopers Community

NEW LHBS OPENING ADELAIDE HILLS

Hey fellow Crow Eaters, I suppose some of you are aware of the new LHBS in Lobethal, looks like he has gone whole hog with AG/Kegging supplies & the usual. He stocks Coopers as well. I wish him well. 

Good to see new ones promoting the craft. I might go for a drive then I can go next door to the Lobethal Bierhaus for a drink & maybe lunch.

www.joebrew.beer

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey fellow Crow Eaters, I suppose some of you are aware of the new LHBS in Lobethal, looks like he has gone whole hog with AG/Kegging supplies & the usual. He stocks Coopers as well. I wish him well. 

Good to see new ones promoting the craft. I might go for a drive then I can go next door to the Lobethal Bierhaus for a drink & maybe lunch.

www.joebrew.beer

looks like he is more of all grainer then extract but caters for both according to his young website

bit far out in the sticks  but you could always on ya way back calling in and fall asleep on the big rocking horse 🤣

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

looks like he is more of all grainer then extract but caters for both according to his young website

bit far out in the sticks  but you could always on ya way back calling in and fall asleep on the big rocking horse 🤣

He is only new but an experienced brewer, I have spoken to them & he will have the lot, it is only up the road from me I would have to just go up the Freeway.

Bugger the Rocking Horse, their are craft breweries & Pubs to call into. 😀  He has given me the best price on a 3 Font Kegerator/internals/kegs etc so I will be able to slip up there if I go down the road to kegging. 

As you say he specalises in AG but will be stocking everything else. 

14 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

He is only new but an experienced brewer, I have spoken to them & he will have the lot, it is only up the road from me I would have to just go up the Freeway.

Bugger the Rocking Horse, their are craft breweries & Pubs to call into. 😀  He has given me the best price on a 3 Font Kegerator/internals/kegs etc so I will be able to slip up there if I go down the road to kegging. 

As you say he specalises in AG but will be stocking everything else. 

i thought you was in the morphetville glenelg area 

thats good to know   i hope he makes a killing up there

do they still have the lobeth chritmas lights

I can remember doing the lobethel chrissy lights in a beat up old van  and got stuck half up hill
and the van couldnt get up it on its own and held up the flow of traffic   thelobethel locals thought  
its peak hour in melbourne

The Lobethal Bierhaus is brilliant. The food is probably as good as the beer if not better. Throw in a bit of live music and you've got a pretty good day out.

For what it's worth, I reckon the Giant Rocking Horse is a BIG scam! It's a big motionless horse.

9 hours ago, MUZZY said:

The Lobethal Bierhaus is brilliant. The food is probably as good as the beer if not better. Throw in a bit of live music and you've got a pretty good day out.

For what it's worth, I reckon the Giant Rocking Horse is a BIG scam! It's a big motionless horse.

Yes Muzzy I have been there a few times, really interesting food, net time I go there I will see if I can pick up a couple of Growlers to takeaway.

7 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yes Muzzy I have been there a few times, really interesting food, net time I go there I will see if I can pick up a couple of Growlers to takeaway.

Use of that term always cracks up SWMBO, given the other meaning for growler. 😄

That's a definite possibility for my new LHBS - what are his prices like? And it's not city, so SWMBO can drive if I over-indulge - that is, when she's allowed to drive again. Browse the store then into the Bierhaus for lunch and a brew or 4 sounds like a great way to spend and arvo. And we can get there via Mt Torrens and avoid the windy roads she also doesn't care for. (I like windy roads and tend to drive them like a SloMo F1, finding the perfect line through the curves etc. which makes her car sick so I have to drive more like a Sunday driver when she's in the car. 😄 )

EDIT: I take that back about the windy road bit - just checked on Maps and looks like the freeway route from here is NOT over a windy section. 😄

Edited by Journeyman
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Bierhaus would be a good place to catch up for those who are interested & of course free at the time - the only snag is driving home 🚔

The LHBS in Lobethal is virtually next door.

I contacted them (Joes) for a couple of example prices - they are good on pricing. Gonna plan a trip there soon. Will post back here in case anyone wants to catch up.

3 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I contacted them (Joes) for a couple of example prices - they are good on pricing. Gonna plan a trip there soon. Will post back here in case anyone wants to catch up.

Yes his prices are good, I got a quote for a 3 Font Kegerator set-up & his price was hundreds of dollars cheaper than the others & I could pick it up.

But probably would struggle to set it up. 😬 

Keep us posted it could be a goer.  @Marksmans Gift  probably would like to but his work may stop him.

21 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

But probably would struggle to set it up.

You could ask for help. 😄 There's likely some closer than me but if not, you're just down the road. But I'd imagine Joe's would give solid advice and if you're not making your own, it's pretty much all Ikea-level construction.

8 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

You could ask for help. 😄 There's likely some closer than me but if not, you're just down the road. But I'd imagine Joe's would give solid advice and if you're not making your own, it's pretty much all Ikea-level construction.

Well I probably would need to although I have seen a couple of YouTube how to's, they are pretty informative. Anyway it is on the wish list, maybe Xmas.