Coopers Community

SMART 4K ULTRA HD TV

17 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Bittorrent   ya playing with alot of fire  on that one great way to bread virus    

Kodi is very old school now but still useful  if you can get repositories to work and ya use real debrid on it

Never had a virus yet. Might depend what sites you choose?

What do you use instead of Kodi?

45 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Never had a virus yet. Might depend what sites you choose?

What do you use instead of Kodi?

yes i agree depends on what sites you choose .

i just dont take those risks with bittorrent

I mainly download from Kodi if i want something real bad and i cant get it on my normal  tv watching madness

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry guys just really noticed this thread. I am currently employed in the film and Tv game and can I just say 1080 is here for a while yet. The States are still filming in 4:3 ratio and at 1080 and the UK is all over the shop. All I'm saying is be safe in the knowledge that your old trusty 1080p TV is safe for now.

There's not a lot of content floating about that is being pumped out at 4K let alone 8K. I understand though if you have a media player or a game device which will accommodate 4K and you wish to watch material at that res.

Most Production companies are finding it tough to acquire footage in camera at these high res levels because of cost and then storage also becomes an issue too. It'll happen but not for a while yet. Just my 2 cents worth.

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Hey sorry guys just really noticed this thread. I am currently employed in the film and Tv game and can I just say 1080 is here for a while yet. The States are still filming in 4:3 ratio and at 1080 and the UK is all over the shop. All I'm saying is be safe in the knowledge that your old trusty 1080p TV is safe for now.

There's not a lot of content floating about that is being pumped out at 4K let alone 8K. I understand though if you have a media player or a game device which will accommodate 4K and you wish to watch material at that res.

Most Production companies are finding it tough to acquire footage in camera at these high res levels because of cost and then storage also becomes an issue too. It'll happen but not for a while yet. Just my 2 cents worth.

these are my thoughts while i dont work in the industry   , i try to keep up with the industry as much as i can with out getting to technical

i think 8k tv  at this very point of time  is just like the way of 3d tv's   that never really took off  becuase film industry found it to expensive and not many was filming in 3d as well the consumer had to purchase 3d glasses  to watch it  specially if you had a big family it was costly.

i can remember when foxtel spruiked the 4k channel and the 1st event was bathurst  they made the customers think  this is great and we are the 1st to bring to australians  that bathurst was all 4k  resolution,   to me that was alot of codswallop   as there was only certain  cameras filming at 4k while the majority was just 1080p

I really think Tvs have got to far ahead f the technology that is around   at the moment

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Well my view is I have been a Samsung man for years & 12 months ago my trusty 52" 1080 developed something that would have been too expensive to fix so I bought a 65 ' Ultra 4K.

This is amazing, even FTA is great but I mainly watch YouTube & there a lot of 4K programs on offer, also 8K for those who have the TV, Netflix is broadcast in 4K if you pay for it & I am happy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Well my view is I have been a Samsung man for years & 12 months ago my trusty 52" 1080 developed something that would have been too expensive to fix so I bought a 65 ' Ultra 4K.

This is amazing, even FTA is great but I mainly watch YouTube & there a lot of 4K programs on offer, also 8K for those who have the TV, Netflix is broadcast in 4K if you pay for it & I am happy.

i do agree with you its still fantastic i also have a samsung ultra 4k tv 

But becuase someone has said its 4k it may not necessarily be true 4k   They may well be upscaled to 4k

There is Some good movies that are 4k   but as @Mickep   has said alot of the filim industry don't film in 4k thats including Netflix and stan due to the expense and thats the same with 8k

Alot of the movies on Netflix at 4k are upscaled  from 1080p to 4k

the thing is  though you wont notice that much difference but looks better then 1080p

overall  its great watching on a 4k   tv  , i dont think no one would disagree with you there
and its great your happy like many of us 4k tv owners would be

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:
10 hours ago, Mickep said:

these are my thoughts while i dont work in the industry   , i try to keep up with the industry as much as i can with out getting to technical

i think 8k tv  at this very point of time  is just like the way of 3d tv's   that never really took off  becuase film industry found it to expensive and not many was filming in 3d as well the consumer had to purchase 3d glasses  to watch it  specially if you had a big family it was costly.

i can remember when foxtel spruiked the 4k channel and the 1st event was bathurst  they made the customers think  this is great and we are the 1st to bring to australians  that bathurst was all 4k  resolution,   to me that was alot of codswallop   as there was only certain  cameras filming at 4k while the majority was just 1080p

I really think Tvs have got to far ahead f the technology that is around   at the moment

But Oz mate you should work in the industry - you've nailed it. The consumer tech at the minute is ahead of what is achievable for most platforms. That'll change obviously. Ozzies love their tech that's clear. And I totally get where Classic's coming from. He seems well informed. Unfortunately the vast majority just get sucked into the hype of 4K without thinking it through.

The AFL footy until really recently was not shot at 1080. Having said all that I do agree that 4K is amazing and worth having a look at.

The next big thing still a long ways off will be holograms - the viewer will be able to watch full 3D lifelike images in a cinematic release. I'd like to see that. David Suzuki reckons it's still 50 years away. Not in my life time hey. 😉

The good old marketing department strikes again. That ever present quest to flog products that have limited product backup due to things like media, bandwidth, fill in this space capabilities exceeding availability.

How long has it taken 5g networks to catch up with the phones. Add those mobile phone camera sensors that far exceed the pixel count of DSLRs.

Of course many good little consumers have to convince themselves the latest purchase is far superior to that exceeding dated model they just replaced even though performance capabilities are not going to be reached..

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, ozdevil said:

i do agree with you its still fantastic i also have a samsung ultra 4k tv 

But becuase someone has said its 4k it may not necessarily be true 4k   They may well be upscaled to 4k

There is Some good movies that are 4k   but as @Mickep   has said alot of the filim industry don't film in 4k thats including Netflix and stan due to the expense and thats the same with 8k

Alot of the movies on Netflix at 4k are upscaled  from 1080p to 4k

the thing is  though you wont notice that much difference but looks better then 1080p

overall  its great watching on a 4k   tv  , i dont think no one would disagree with you there
and its great your happy like many of us 4k tv owners would be

Oz mate, nailed it. I agree 4K telly's are great. And when you do get to watch something that's actually in 4K it has outstanding clarity to be sure.

It makes me laugh a bit that until a about a year ago some of Seven's coverage of the AFL was still being pumped out @ 520 lines. 

Until recently if you walked through the TV section at JB Hi Fi all you'd find playing on the 4K Telly's were still photos or time lapse photography shot at 4k (Approx) That's because there was limited samples of moving pictures distributed at the consumer level in 4K. I think that's rapidly changing now though.

Most Production companies are trying to film in 4K wherever possible to future proof the product but again budgets, human resources, and storage can sometimes undermine that process.