Coopers Community

BOTTLING DAY

Classic Brewing Co

I am just assembling everything for bottling my Mangrove Jack's Belgian Ale, I normally do this outside in the front courtyard but it is a miserable cold Adelaide Day so the kitchen it is.

Oh, & I thought the look of all of that beer would make me thirsty, this Pale Ale from Liquor Land 4 pack $10.00 is really a great hoppy beer.

Cheers

Phil

20210514_125721 (2).jpg

20210514_125854 (2).jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I am just assembling everything for bottling my Mangrove Jack's Belgian Ale, I normally do this outside in the front courtyard but it is a miserable cold Adelaide Day so the kitchen it is.

Oh, & I thought the look of all of that beer would make me thirsty, this Pale Ale from Liquor Land 4 pack $10.00 is really a great hoppy beer.

Cheers

Phil

20210514_125721 (2).jpg

20210514_125854 (2).jpg

Is that brand Lorry Boys or similar I can see on can? If Dan's has it I may grab one to see what it is like.

Just now, CLASSIC said:

It is Lorry Boys $10 x 4 x 375ml  4.2% ABV - beautiful hoppy taste, You know who want it.

I am just reading about it [thanks Google] and found this bit of info: label is owned by Liquorland (Coles/Westfarmers) which is one of the biggest supermarkets we have in Australia for anyone outsiders. It is produced by Macarthur Grange Brewery on Liquorlands behalf, . It did not get any good review with this bit-----> Overall, this is an extremely light style pale ale. It could be good for the masses like at a party or BBQ, if you like beers that are very thin and light on hops and malt this might be worth a try.

1 minute ago, Barramullafella said:

I am just reading about it [thanks Google] and found this bit of info: label is owned by Liquorland (Coles/Westfarmers) which is one of the biggest supermarkets we have in Australia for anyone outsiders. It is produced by Macarthur Grange Brewery on Liquorlands behalf, . It did not get any good review with this bit-----> Overall, this is an extremely light style pale ale. It could be good for the masses like at a party or BBQ, if you like beers that are very thin and light on hops and malt this might be worth a try.

Yeah I read all of that, forget it, probably some red nose, fat pr.... said that ( am I too harsh ? ) for $2.50 what do you want, I have bought some of the other so-called craft beers for 2 & 3 times that & they are not as good.

Anyway, that is only my opinion, so Cheers.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah I read all of that, forget it, probably some red nose, fat pr.... said that ( am I too harsh ? ) for $2.50 what do you want, I have bought some of the other so-called craft beers for 2 & 3 times that & they are not as good.

Anyway, that is only my opinion, so Cheers.

Agree mate. Enjoy.

TIME SAVER FOR BREW DAY - EXTRACT BREWERS 5l JUG

I have found a way of making Brew day quicker, cleaner & easier when it comes to mixing the Cans/Pouches of Extracts in the Fermenter, not only does it eliminate getting the contents all down the fermenter, all over the spoon handle etc, it enables you to mix it thoroughly in the jug eliminating scratching/damaging the inside walls of the FV.

You can keep filling it with Hot/Cold water until the jug is clear of product.

You can do it on the kitchen sink as the water taps are within reach - rotating between hot or cold is a breeze & you can get every last drop out of the Can/Pouch.

It works wonders for me & I am simply passing it on as maybe it could help a newcomer.

If you look at the photos above you will see it on the sink.

I realise others will have there own way but this is a clean way to get all of the lovely beer stuff out of the tin.

Cheers

Phil

kl12959_-_5l_graduated_brewery_jug_1.png

• Like 4

On 5/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, CLASSIC said:

TIME SAVER FOR BREW DAY - EXTRACT BREWERS 5l JUG

I have found a way of making Brew day quicker, cleaner & easier when it comes to mixing the Cans/Pouches of Extracts in the Fermenter, not only does it eliminate getting the contents all down the fermenter, all over the spoon handle etc, it enables you to mix it thoroughly in the jug eliminating scratching/damaging the inside walls of the FV.

You can keep filling it with Hot/Cold water until the jug is clear of product.

You can do it on the kitchen sink as the water taps are within reach - rotating between hot or cold is a breeze & you can get every last drop out of the Can/Pouch.

It works wonders for me & I am simply passing it on as maybe it could help a newcomer.

If you look at the photos above you will see it on the sink.

I realise others will have there own way but this is a clean way to get all of the lovely beer stuff out of the tin.

I just use one of these. I do warm the cans in an inch of water in a saucepan on the stove while getting everything else ready - turn it over after a few minutes so both top and bottom get warmed up.

But then it's tip it in and use the spatula on the can.

86051-Thin-Rubber-Spatula-25cm.jpg

21 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I just use one of these. I do warm the cans in an inch of water in a saucepan on the stove while getting everything else ready - turn it over after a few minutes so both top and bottom get warmed up.

But then it's tip it in and use the spatula on the can.

86051-Thin-Rubber-Spatula-25cm.jpg

Sure that's all good, great Spatula too. I have a similar one but not as flash as yours.

I submerge my cans in the sink & roll them round in the tap temp water & just before opening stand on one end to make pouring easier, I just found it easier to mix in the 5L jug, that's all.

Everyone will develop their own style I guess.

I do not like to stir my liquid extracts in the plastic fermenter anymore.  My first couple of fermenters got scratched all over.  I suspect the scratches were or source of issues.

Most of my extract/kit brews include a grain steep and boil, or hop boil or both.  I use a 5 litre pot.  Usually when the boil is done, you pop the pot in cool water in the sink.  These days, before going in the cool water, I open the extract can(s) (that have been sitting in hot water in the second sink) and pour one into the pot of just off the boil water.  Then I 3/4 fill the can with some of the hot water from the pot and put the lid back on the can.  If the boil was big enough, I do the same with the second can of extract.  Then I stir the extract and just boiled water left in the pot.  This helps dissolve the extract better.  After about 10 minutes, I tip the contents from the cans back into the pot and stir it some more.  The leftover extract in the cans dissolves nicely into the hot water.  Virtually zero wastage.  Also the extract is now diluted quite a bit and easily pours into and mixes with whatever is in the fermenter.

I found it really tedious to try to stir the extract in some hot water in the fermenter without scratching the bottom of the fermenter.  I like to have it all mixed in to take my Original Gravity reading.  Yes, I know it is easy to calculate it, but I just like to measure it.

I would be a bit wary of using the plastic jug because you can scratch it just like a fermenter.  If you boil it before you use it, it should be okay though.

2 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I would be a bit wary of using the plastic jug because you can scratch it just like a fermenter.  If you boil it before you use it, it should be okay though.

I agree with your methods @Shamus O'Sean but the jug I bought from LHBS is BPA FREE & I give it the same treatment as the FV right down to sanitising.

I only us plastic stirring spoons etc but I get your point. I am also very careful when stirring as I still have to mix the final ingredients in the FV, I also manage to completely clean out the cans.

• Like 1