Coopers Community

New Coopers Label...

Journeyman

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I just read further down that James Reyne is doing promo for the new beer. Do you think there will be a competition to see who comes closest to deciphering the words he sings in the jingle? 😄

Once you drink a 6 pack of 6.2% IPA his words make complete sense.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Good on Coopers, keeping up with the trends, they are still a force despite all of the craft breweries popping up everywhere - there is nothing wrong with that I like to see it.

That beer sounds good too, so is this one going to be good released August 17th.

It's not the Hazy they are talking about though - that's already released into the wild. This one is called Australian IPA.

https://coopers.com.au/whats-on/news/2021/04/14/coopers-releases-australian-ipa

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Once you drink a 6 pack of 6.2% IPA his words make complete sense.

Ah, but Coopers have joined many of the other 'craft' brewers and it will be only a 4 pack. Can't believe people pay the same for 4 cans as 6 stubbies. Having said that, stubbies seem to have disappeared and 4 cans and 16 in a carton is the new norm. Shout out to Young Henry's who have bucked this trend and still deliver a range of tasty beers in packs of 6! No affiliation etc. And don't start on the 'there's no money in beer'. That's a lie. Disappointed to see Coopers go down this road. Rant over. 🍻

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cerveja said:

Ah, but Coopers have joined many of the other 'craft' brewers and it will be only a 4 pack. Can't believe people pay the same for 4 cans as 6 stubbies. Having said that, stubbies seem to have disappeared and 4 cans and 16 in a carton is the new norm. Shout out to Young Henry's who have bucked this trend and still deliver a range of tasty beers in packs of 6! No affiliation etc. And don't start on the 'there's no money in beer'. That's a lie. Disappointed to see Coopers go down this road. Rant over. 🍻

They are going to be $22.00 for a 4 pack but @ $5.50 a can still not bad for a quality beer.

1 hour ago, Cerveja said:

4 packs is the devils work

• Like 5

Last week there was a '2000 points' if you spent $100 in BWS - SWMBO wanted to take advantage but not spend an entire $100 so I found a John Boston 'The End Island IPA' and cans of Guinness.

BOTH were 6 packs - Guinness always used to be 4 packs, so not sure what gives there.

The Island IPA is quite drinkable, at least as good as some name-brand craft IPA's I've had on tap in Bendigo. They're only 330ml cans but were also $15 for 6!

Edited by Journeyman

47 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Last week there was a '2000 points' if you spent $100 in BWS - SWMBO wanted to take advantage but not spend an entire $100 so I found a John Boston 'The End Island IPA' and cans of Guinness.

BOTH were 6 packs - Guinness always used to be 4 packs, so not sure what gives there.

The Island IPA is quite drinkable, at least as good as some name-brand craft IPA's I've had on tap in Bendigo. They're only 330ml cans but were also $15 for 6!

Guiness widget cans have been in six packs for as long as I can remember. 

9 hours ago, Journeyman said:

$12 at Dan's...

Bought 6 myself Saturday , thought why not for that price. Weren't bad , definitely drinkable 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Guiness widget cans have been in six packs for as long as I can remember. 

i had a guiness phase a few years ago and from memory the 4 packs are a parallel import by woolworths (ie dans/bws) and the 6 packs are handled by some other distributor.

• Like 1

Just now, Stickers said:

i had a guiness phase a few years ago and from memory the 4 packs are a parallel import by woolworths (ie dans/bws) and the 6 packs are handled by some other distributor.

Ok. I've been drinking Guinness cans for years. Never seen them in 4 packs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bennysbrew said:

$12 at Dan's...

Bought 6 myself Saturday , thought why not for that price. Weren't bad , definitely drinkable 

If only we had a Dan's here. 😄 Could be a mild enough IPA to convert some to trying a brew other than mega-swill. 

21 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Ok. I've been drinking Guinness cans for years. Never seen them in 4 packs.

If they are 4 packs in the tall cans then they would be direct imports from Ireland. There, and in the UK, 4 packs are universal for most canned beer. However they do send it to Australia via "official channels" in a six pack format because they know how much we love our sixes! Same with Kilkenny.

It's all the same beer, brewed and packed in Dublin.

791448889_guinnessfourpack.jpg.dc1b749e04d81ff0ce20c6c1a23d0607.jpg

1351158540_guinnesssixpack.jpg.569f5bc39b093e7d9fce508195e0d3ba.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody nice drop too, my mate & I go to an Irish Pub in the city called the Brecknock Hotel, they have a system where you you qualify for a glass with your name on after so many Imperial Pints of Guinness. Once you have reached 50 ( I think ) you get to keep the glass. Many a night coming home on the tram all liquored up. 🙃

20210420_160832 (2).jpg

20210420_160907 (2).jpg

• Like 1