Coopers Community

GABS Brisbane

Aussiekraut

@Aussiekraut 

Now if you would only post up a good clear pic of the bar code on your ticket AK I will promise to be there too, albeit a few minutes in front of you in the queue.

Enjoy the fest and the beers guys.  I am as jealous as hell.

Cheers - AL

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Red devil 44  @Aussiekraut  did anyone of you try the Surfers XPA   By Bobs  brewing (brewer Ryan Fullerton)   becuase  it picked up a bronzed medal in the International Australian Beer Awards

they tell me its a rippa XPA  and i am getting very eager to brew this one myself if i can get hold of the recipe 

Edited by ozdevil

So much nice been and so little time.

@Red devil 44 It was good to catch up and have a few beers. Good company makes beer even better 🙂 

No @ozdevil, Didn't go there. There was quite a few stalls I didn't go to. If you only have one of each at all stalls, you'll be sloshed rather quickly and the tasters are too small go get a real picture I find. 

It was a good festival though and I will surely attend again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

@Red devil 44 It was good to catch up and have a few beers. Good company makes beer even better 🙂 

No @ozdevil, Didn't go there. There was quite a few stalls I didn't go to. If you only have one of each at all stalls, you'll be sloshed rather quickly and the tasters are too small go get a real picture I find. 

fair enough understand , i missed out on gabs in melbourne this year, but will be going next year  might do the full weekend

might even try to become a volunteer there  as  you get free entry

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Great to catch up with you @Aussiekraut, was a great day & I will be back next yr.

I didn’t try the Surfers XPA either @ozdevil.

There was some strange beers there I tell you !! 
‘Cheers 🍻🍻

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

a TIPA   is a triple hop ipa  in simple terms

A triple IPA is an increase on the double IPA (DIPA) which is an increase on the IPA, so would genereally be around 9 to 10% ABV. Deeds Cheat Code is 10% ABV - hence a triple IPA. There are some that say DDH or TDH which is double/triple dry hop.

BTW the Deeds is a very good beer.

Edit - sometimes a DIPA is also called an IIPA or Imperial IPA. 

Edited by Dozer71
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Dozer71 said:

A triple IPA is an increase on the double IPA (DIPA) which is an increase on the IPA, so would genereally be around 9 to 10% ABV. Deeds Cheat Code is 10% ABV - hence a triple IPA. There are some that say DDH or TDH which is double/triple dry hop.

BTW the Deeds is a very good beer.

Edit - sometimes a DIPA is also called an IIPA or Imperial IPA. 

that was a better way of explaining it then me..

i did read up on it more after posting..  to the question ask by Instigator...

• Like 1