Coopers Community

GABS Brisbane

Aussiekraut

I finally got my new ticket for the Brisbane GABS festival after last year's was a no show. Originally planned for May, it was moved to September, then November and then canned altogether. This year it is scheduled for 12/06.

Anybody else attending? I booked the 11:30 session on the 12th.  I've been looking forward to this one for over a year now.

29 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I finally got my new ticket for the Brisbane GABS festival after last year's was a no show. Originally planned for May, it was moved to September, then November and then canned altogether. This year it is scheduled for 12/06.

Anybody else attending? I booked the 11:30 session on the 12th.  I've been looking forward to this one for over a year now.

We don't get that one in SA, sounds like a good show. Prost @Aussiekraut

35 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

What exactly is GABS festival @Aussiekraut

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

What exactly is GABS festival @Aussiekraut

It's Australia's biggest craft beer and cider festival with over 100 beers from brewers all over the country. I've never been there and had tickets for last year but it was canned due to our mate SARS-COV-2.

I've been to BeerInCider festivals here in Brissy before but never GABS.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

how long do the sessions go for do they kick you out after a while due to covid crap? my mum lives in Brisbane pending ticket availability and no border restrictions I'd be very interested. Also this Tasmania has never crossed that invisible line into toad territory 

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

The first session goes from 11:30 to 4:30 and the 2nd from 6:30 to 11:30 iirc. So after 5 hours they kick you out unless you manage to hide for a bit 😂

never been to cane toad territory? About time I guess 😀

I have but always been working the territory but maybe I could do it for pleasure !!

10 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

The first session goes from 11:30 to 4:30 and the 2nd from 6:30 to 11:30 iirc. So after 5 hours they kick you out unless you manage to hide for a bit 😂

never been to cane toad territory? About time I guess 😀

how much for tickets? just in case of border restrictions etc any refunds or anything?

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I have but always been working the territory but maybe I could do it for pleasure !!

you worked the Territory for pleasure or money or both? you old heartbreaker 😉

And yes I know qld not a territory but sounded better than toad state

Edited by jamiek86

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

you worked the Territory for pleasure or money or both? you old heartbreaker 😉

And yes I know qld not a territory but sounded better than toad state

By the territory I meant the area I was selling in, having said that I have covered all of the NT as well. Yes it does sound better than Toad State.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

happens all time to me especially since all stuff last year not much organising or confidence in any of them

its always my luck

found the updated site

i am thinking of getting a season pass for melbourne  which allows me entery every day

or might volunteer to work a day and get 2 free passes plus if finish a shift mid session ya get to hang about and enjoy

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Hey @Aussiekraut, I have booked my ticket for the Brisbane GABS festival also, 11.30am session, maybe catch up & have a beer or 6 ? 

8 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Aussiekraut I notice these events only take place in QLD/SYD/MELB/NZ  we do have similar events in SA but I suppose not as big & grandeous as yours.

Kinda makes me jealous but then there is always the other business lurking forcing shut-downs in some areas.

Anyway enjoy & Prost.

I’ll let you know how it is & take some pics, hoping to catch up with @Aussiekraut for a few brewskies & talk some recipes 🍻🍻

5 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I’ll let you know how it is & take some pics, hoping to catch up with @Aussiekraut for a few brewskies & talk some recipes 🍻🍻

Hey RD, that's great, Cheers, I hope you can catch up with Herr @Aussiekraut as it is nice to finally put a name to a face with fellow brewers, I have done so.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1