Coopers Community

Show us your favourite beer glasses.

jamiek86

8 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Back in the day the UK would have been up there with the big boys. Certain immigration policies we won't mention and them all crowding into the same places have seen pubs close all over the UK in recent years long before covid.

I was over in the UK a couple of years ago and it was sad to see the number of Pubs that were closed and boarded up or were waiting to be demolished. A lot, to remain viable were now promoting themselves as Gastro Pubs with the emphasis on food. The bar section was no longer the main money earner.

With Covid's off and on lock downs, amongst other things, thousands of litres of beer has been poured down the drain and It is anticipated that many Pubs will no longer have the financial capacity to open again.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I was over in the UK a couple of years ago and it was sad to see the number of Pubs that were closed and boarded up or were waiting to be demolished. A lot, to remain viable were now promoting themselves as Gastro Pubs with the emphasis on food. The bar section was no longer the main money earner.

With Covid's off and on lock downs, amongst other things, thousands of litres of beer has been poured down the drain and It is anticipated that many Pubs will no longer have the financial capacity to open again.

I can't think of anything more devastating to small rural towns than the closures of Hotels, Droughts, Bush Fires have had a lot to do with it but the Covid has caused a lot of damage also.

I travelled most of my working life calling on Hotels all over Australia & I have seen many close, some towns had 4-5 & sometimes more but one by one they are closing down.

Apart from the loss of a drinking hole for the locals & visitors it also costs jobs & other issues. Even in Adelaide City it's getting to the stage who have to start looking for one, used to one on every corner.

And as you say in the UK & other parts of the world it is the same, we will have to wait & see if it can eventually returns to some sort of normality. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Not a glass as such and it holds remarkably little volume but I love it.

Thought yer supposed to drink Mead outta that one AK?

Mmm got some yeast and some honey and a demijohn but not got around to it yet.... 😐

Tooooo busy brewing AG beer hey!?! 😋

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 9 months later...