Coopers Community

2010 Vintage Ale

PB2

Just tasted the 2010 Vintage. IMO, the best so far![love]

Hopped with a combination of Perle, Magnum and Nelson Sauvin, this is one for drinking young but also keep revisiting to watch it develop. [tongue]

Of course, it takes some time to roll out of our warehouse and into the bottlo's but keep an eye out for it [ninja]

• 3 weeks later...

There is an ad in a magazine liftout from one of saturdays papers with a double page spread saying this beer (2010 Vintage Ale) has been released and it will "mprove with age...if you can wait that long."

The only thing is, the page suggesting improvement after ageing has the bottle lying down. Should it not be stored upright?

"Improve" is a subjective word. Drink it young and drink it often to experience it changing with age...

Store it in any position. However, when upside-down the yeast may settle into the neck, forming a sludgy plug. This is not very appealing to even the most seasoned Coopers drinkers - I like to remove it with a clean butter knife and spread it on toast, YUM!! [biggrin]

I went and bought some today. The carton didn't have a year on it, and when I opened it it was the 2009!

Oh well. I'll find some actual 2010 later, and I can have a very limited vertical tasting of those two and the six pack of 2000 vintage ale I just found in the back of a cupboard [biggrin]

Dan

The only thing is' date=' the page suggesting improvement after ageing has the bottle lying down. Should it not be stored upright?[/quote']

Absolutely a bottle needs to be stored upright which is why I find after seeing some ads by my favourite brewery (We can refer to them as Moopers to retain anonymity) stating that their beers should be rolled before drinking when the anointed know that their beers should be tipped for the full experience of their liquid happiness. I'm prepared to go up against the good doctor himself to display the benefits of tipping rather than utilising the questionable rolling technique [rightful]

• 1 month later...

Just wondering when I will be announced as one of the 6 winners in ESVA 2010 comp? Did anyone else fire off an answer?

Considering I was the forum member with the front to ask Paul for an approximation of the ESVA in the recipe section, even if my answer was incorrect (but I doubt it was), I think it only fair I receive a pack. I'm sure all you out there sucking on your homebrewed ESVA would agree[biggrin]!

And thanks again for the recipe[love] , Paul[cool] Will be having a few this weekend and putting the rest "away"![bandit]

I'm wondering the same thing Trusty, I fired my answer (a direct quote from Dr Cooper, so I assume it is correct!) about 15 minutes after the email time stamp, so here's hoping...

I'm not entriely sure what the prize is though [happy]

And congrats on pestering for the recipe, added to 'to-do' list, which is disturbingly long now.

Dan

• 1 month later...
I'm wondering the same thing Trusty, I fired my answer (a direct quote from Dr Cooper, so I assume it is correct!) about 15 minutes after the email time stamp, so here's hoping...

I'm not entriely sure what the prize is though [happy]

And congrats on pestering for the recipe, added to 'to-do' list, which is disturbingly long now.

Dan

congrats Dan, I misread the Q, obviously, aND THOUGHT it said only 1 year has not had a ESVA produced. hope you enjoy your prize and the ESVA when you brew it.

• 2 weeks later...

I tasted the 2010 Vintage for the first time last friday night at the beer tasting event at the Ark! The English sounding Coopers beer rep looked very lonley at the begining of the night all alonwhile the crowed went to the stalls that had the expensive Belgian beers, and other beers with blonde BIG BOOBED promo girls.....So I went to the Coopers stand first thing! And may have been even the first person of the night!? I ask for the 2010 Vintage....I was BLOWN AWAY! It was by far the best coopers Vintage i had ever tasted! soon after drinking it and having a small chat more people came to the stall for samples so i moved on...(but returned later in the night..)

Just to make sure it was as good as i thought on friday , i got another bottle tonight! and LOVED IT with my King Geroge!

P.S Why not try half a glass of Sparkling toped up with half a glass of 2010 Vintage!? ;)

ITS A CRACKER!!! [biggrin]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived