Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 7/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, MUZZY said:

I don't have photos of mine but I did this recipe yesterday with a few improvisations. I didn't have pork or veal, just beef mince, I simmered the sauce for 2 hours versus David's 4 and I scaled the quantities down by half.
I've always made Bolognese sauce with garlic and herbs. I couldn't believe how flavoursome this was without them and using the few ingredients stipulated. If you have time to watch a pot for a few hours I definitely recommend giving this a try. Bellissimo!

Good recipe Muzz mate - worth trying out the three meats. With the leftovers I’ll either make lasagne or cannelloni 

9E7741CA-9F99-4306-A3E8-C724BA599AB0.jpeg

9E14C3F2-8AEC-4005-950C-78A54074F638.jpeg

477A6401-EF2C-4248-A4AE-7AB35C725579.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good recipe Muzz mate - worth trying out the three meats. With the leftovers I’ll either make lasagne or cannelloni 

9E7741CA-9F99-4306-A3E8-C724BA599AB0.jpeg

9E14C3F2-8AEC-4005-950C-78A54074F638.jpeg

477A6401-EF2C-4248-A4AE-7AB35C725579.jpeg

Looks brilliant, Dave. I'd love to use all three minces but my wife is very childish when it comes to food.

"I don't like pork!" Is what she'll often complain.....but she eats salami, bacon, hotdogs, ham. DMHI.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, interceptor said:

Mirchi Bhaji

I had to google 'Mirchi Bhaji' - battered and stuffed deep fried long green chillies - Wow! My chillies weren't big enough for this recipe. But the Chilli Tomato Chutney was very successful.

mirchi bahji.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Looks brilliant, Dave. I'd love to use all three minces but my wife is very childish when it comes to food.

"I don't like pork!" Is what she'll often complain.....but she eats salami, bacon, hotdogs, ham. DMHI.

No names, no pack drill mate. What the eye can’t see and all that …. 🐖

Mine’s worse - a veggie who will eat chicken breast but no other meat, or fish, for that matter. There’s always two dinners on the go at my gaff…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jennyss said:

I had to google 'Mirchi Bhaji' - battered and stuffed deep fried long green chillies - Wow! My chillies weren't big enough for this recipe. But the Chilli Tomato Chutney was very successful.

mirchi bahji.jpg

They look yummy, never heard of them either 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A cold, windy, rainy Winters day down here at the Bay so I fired up the Slow Cooker, it is Chicken Drumsticks, stock, potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, garlic with herbs - Bay Leaf, Rosemary, Thyme, Pepper & Salt. I will do some rice & that should do the trick.

20220716_124322.jpg

Right dish for the weather Phil! You’ll be having cheese fondue next 🤣

35 degrees here this week… they just put a hosepipe ban on, which is probably usual for your neck of the woods but not here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

35 degrees here this week… they just put a hosepipe ban on

@stquinto, In Central West NSW we are two years out of a bad drought. We had sprinkler and hose bans for several years. It is 15deg max today, but in Summer the temperature often climbs over 40deg. 

And as to the fondue; I remember going to a fondue party in the late 1970's. It would be fun to try. My husband and I both love cheese.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Right dish for the weather Phil! You’ll be having cheese fondue next 🤣

35 degrees here this week… they just put a hosepipe ban on, which is probably usual for your neck of the woods but not here

Well here it is, I had envisaged a better photo but a neighbour asked me over for a drink as we had exchanged words out the front one morning & I discovered she doesn't mind a drink, that's OK, just left me a bit wobbly, so if you can't get hold of me, I will be at the neighbours 🤣

20220716_200757.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, jennyss said:

@stquinto, In Central West NSW we are two years out of a bad drought. We had sprinkler and hose bans for several years. It is 15deg max today, but in Summer the temperature often climbs over 40deg. 

And as to the fondue; I remember going to a fondue party in the late 1970's. It would be fun to try. My husband and I both love cheese.

Yeah, I reckon a nice green lawn isn’t really a priority…

Can’t beat a fondue though! Wouldn’t have more than about 3 a year. A mate of mine had 4 in a week and got a really bad dose of gout 😳

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

2 hours ago, interceptor said:

Proper mozzarella, like you'd see in Italy. Should be buffalo milk.

We just call them mini mozzarella balls. I didn’t know they had a name. 
I only ever get buffalo mozzarella. It’s not much more expensive here.  The big blocks of yellow, industrial stuff is vile 🤮

• Like 1