Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Timage.thumb.png.0ad71645268c4eb4de6b2f1e0341f90e.pngBoner 😆

Talking of steak yeeha! 

Village Butcher T-Boner about halfa kilo...

Was plenty exy but good to support the little local enterprise and their meat never fails to impress : )

Have salted him up and will let him rest for a few hours before a bit of grill-on-up later... dunno if thick enough to bother with reverse sear or?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wooohooo Tasty Village TBoner w creamy mushroom snorse, green beans and a glass of Central Highlands Cab Sauv w some tasty baked veg - in the end I did pop the salted raw Steaker into the Oven prior to BBQ Grill sear ie reverse sear idea 👍

image.thumb.png.e8b965bb0e783ea030aad7613db4d2e0.png

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Wooohooo Tasty Village TBoner w creamy mushroom snorse, green beans and a glass of Central Highlands Cab Sauv w some tasty baked veg - in the end I did pop the salted raw Steaker into the Oven prior to BBQ Grill sear ie reverse sear idea 👍

image.thumb.png.e8b965bb0e783ea030aad7613db4d2e0.png

That mushroom sauce looks amazing, must have gone really well with the T-bone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Timage.thumb.png.0ad71645268c4eb4de6b2f1e0341f90e.pngBoner 😆

Talking of steak yeeha! 

Village Butcher T-Boner about halfa kilo...

Was plenty exy but good to support the little local enterprise and their meat never fails to impress : )

Have salted him up and will let him rest for a few hours before a bit of grill-on-up later... dunno if thick enough to bother with reverse sear or?

Nice one mate! If it’s an inch thick it’s worth a reverse- sear. The end result looked blaardy good!

I like mushrooms with steak, goes great 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Beer-can chook. Great way of cooking it - stays moist, if a bit rubbery 

Hey Stquinta, I tried that once fortunately it was on an outside hooded BBQ as all it did was make a bloody mess, I am afraid I was totally underwhelmed, there was as you say it was rubbery with no crispiness on the skin. I have never done it since as I much prefer a charcoal/bbq type finish on the chooka's. Hickory wood chips in the Weber is my all time method as chicken is so versatile & accepts so many different flavour profiles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Trying to head back towards reducing the carbs again... here a lovely All-Day-Brekkie with a mate's double-yolker eggs (one thereof)...

Anyone for some Salad with their Brekkie? 🥳

image.png.a0e8fa99203f870066462d1dd5be691c.png

Looks awesome mate 👍

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinta, I tried that once fortunately it was on an outside hooded BBQ as all it did was make a bloody mess, I am afraid I was totally underwhelmed, there was as you say it was rubbery with no crispiness on the skin. I have never done it since as I much prefer a charcoal/bbq type finish on the chooka's. Hickory wood chips in the Weber is my all time method as chicken is so versatile & accepts so many different flavour profiles.

The skin worked out quite crispy, pity I didn't take a photo of the end result. The meat was a bit rubbery but was nice and juicy.

A bit like the old joke about the fella in the Chinese restaurant: "this chicken is very rubbery!" and the waiter replies "fank you velly much"

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK, cold night, friends over for a drink - all good, now for food, @stquinto this is something you know Rib Eye Fillet, one of my favourites, this is my version of medium & it's damn fine.

20220711_194119.jpg

20220711_200609.jpg

20220711_201612.jpg

I thought I might add, the top photo is the uncooked one 🤣

Mighty fine looking steak Phil ! It’s cooked fine, you haven’t burnt it. Here’s my lunch 😳

955328A2-B49D-4F77-9007-DC4149314E93.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mickep said:

The bird and roast veg. Noice!

It is hard to beat a roast chook Mick especially with the price of everything else these days. I reckon I eat more Chicken & Seafood than red meat, not just because of the price but there are also a lot of Pasta dishes/Stirfrys etc. 

I also like to cook extra vege's to eat next day - good for the old Bubble & Squeak !! 

• Like 3

Not on the menu just yet; but condiments in the making. My neighbour gave me a 10l bucket full of chillies. I am processing them by splitting, then scraping out most of the seeds. I've already made 6 jars of pickled chillies: a vinegar base like pickled gherkins etc. Next I'll try a chilli pickle recipe with lots of mustard seeds in it. Then a chilli chutney recipe with tomato, sugar, onion and spices. 

chillies.jpg

• Like 7