Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I thought they were, what were the like ? Dou you mash them with other veg or do you prefer to just eat them as they are ?

They were pretty good. Can be a bit hit and miss. These ones were nice and creamy.

Just as they are. Give them a score with a knife, kinda dry fry them in a saucepan for a while until the skin opens up a bit, peel and eat. We had them overseas one Christmas and have made it a winter tradition ever since.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Good Rick Stein recipe

A 'new' Rick Stein series started on SBS Food Channel last night; 'Taste of the Sea'. It must be at least 30 years old; but I will enjoy it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

A 'new' Rick Stein series started on SBS Food Channel last night; 'Taste of the Sea'. It must be at least 30 years old; but I will enjoy it anyway.

Rick Stein is one of my favourite Chef's & his shows are great, unfortunately they are all repeats but I still watch them.

Taste of the Sea is one of the best.

SBS Food & ABC Food Channels play others that I also watch regularly especially 'Food Safari', Jamie Oliver, Hairy Biker's & more ...

You Tube also have heaps of great food shows.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Dirty ol Pizza... (fresh base version bought and dressed up) but at least with some nice Salad and freshly baked baguette (bought in plastic bag)

image.thumb.png.3aa16ef833c4c1247c51d20b78b8f46e.png

looks inspiring IP mate 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jennyss said:

The stew is the star; also the crust on the bread looks very interesting, and the glass of red makes it a triumphant trio

Cheers @jennyssit turned out very nice as the Tagine is a form of a slow cooker where-by the steam cooks the food, they are very versatile & can also be used in the oven. The bread is called Tiger Bread from Woolworths & is is always crunchy.

I use it for lot's of other recipes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1