Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

20 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Noodle stir fry with a Thai cucumber salad on the side loaded with chilli's.

Just beautiful @Mickep just yumbo scrumbo haha!

Do you guys do the festive Green Papaya Salad too - cannot remember whether I have seen one from you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Just beautiful @Mickep just yumbo scrumbo haha!

Do you guys do the festive Green Papaya Salad too - cannot remember whether I have seen one from you?

IP, yes, we do a Paw Paw salad ( som tum ).  It's yumbo mate. But not sure it's for everyone as the bride makes it with really authentic flavourings which include a shrimp paste which can put a lot of people off. lol.  There's also burnt crushed rice etc in it which adds to the overall taste - but it's  delish just the same. Loaded of course with HAF chilli's 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Don’t spare the rod, Muzz! 🤣

Hi Dave.
To fill you in on current news here in Oz: Iceberg lettuce has been on the shelves for up to $12 a head due to floods in growing regions combined with other inflationary costs. It's usually around $3.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah you would need it, I have been buying bags of Rocket along with selected salad veg, my favourite is Baby Cos.

Yeah, there's more than one way to skin a banana. Cos prices don't seem to have been affected as much.
The company I now work for process veg for many fast food places. Some of them are now using a 40% blend of cabbage with iceberg. Hungry Jacks are still using 100% Iceberg.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Noodle stir fry with a Thai cucumber salad

Yum

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Asian roast Pork (without skin)  and yum talay.

Yum

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Decided I might spoil the family for lunch today.

chargrilled?

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah, there's more than one way to skin a banana. Cos prices don't seem to have been affected as much.
The company I now work for process veg for many fast food places. Some of them are now using a 40% blend of cabbage with iceberg. Hungry Jacks are still using 100% Iceberg.

There is nothing wrong with a blend of Cabbage, Kale, Blaukraut, Rhubarb etc - it's all salad.

• Like 2

Burnt chicken - paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, chilli, lemon and olive oil.

PXL_20220611_063650490.thumb.jpg.aadcb0cf9b7e3c0287e51dba614ce38b.jpg

And chilli - beef mince, dried mullato chilli, ancho, chipotle, cumin, coriander (powders) garlic, paprika, ancho paste, stock, salt , pepper

PXL_20220611_063654507.thumb.jpg.a79b166ff88c123a1c6b219976de4b54.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Burnt chicken - paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, chilli, lemon and olive oil.

PXL_20220611_063650490.thumb.jpg.aadcb0cf9b7e3c0287e51dba614ce38b.jpg

And chilli - beef mince, dried mullato chilli, ancho, chipotle, cumin, coriander (powders) garlic, paprika, ancho paste, stock, salt , pepper

PXL_20220611_063654507.thumb.jpg.a79b166ff88c123a1c6b219976de4b54.jpg

Cmon my man, cooking terms is not burnt, its well caramelised.

Looks tasty.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2