Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

that there recipe

Haha @Mickep mate it's a bit basic...  Spicky Chookler and Pecan Salad:

And yeah yer could really sorta like just steer the dressing in whatever direction yer want really : )

So I marinaded some Chooker Thighs in a reasonable easily available commercial Indian Curry Paste (Madras-Tikka Masala-Vinder your choice) and threw in a bit of green tomato Chutney that needed using up... plus some Coconut Oil and Black Pepper... could put in fresh-ginger-chilli-garlic if wanted... oh yeah I threw in a spoonful of that Grandma's ground-up-Chilli-Oil as no fresh chillies to hand. 

Baked the marinaded Chookers till done... and saved the juice that came off them as well. 

Chopped lovely lovely current fresh white onion small... as well as lovely lovely fresh Lebaneser small Cuey... with whatever yer favourite salad dressing is - but let the onion and cuey sorta meld with the dressing for a bit - oh yeah and add a dollop of Mango Chutney...

Lovely Mignonette lettuce leaves and festive Aussie Pecans...  give them a mix.

Then just warmed up chooker thighs in micro in pyrex dish with ceramic plate on top - in a bit of the juice that came off the pan...

Chopped up the baked thighs into chunks - then threw the Chooker and few drips of sauce into the salad all in together : )

Seemed to come up quite nice and I suspect I might do it again soon haha! 🥳

Be very happy to swap some for that beautiful lookin' "Seafood chilli garlic stir fry" - but if ok mine without the noodles 😜

Edited by Pezzza
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

To all the low or no carb foodies here look away now. 😉 

Marathon spring roll, home made porker dimmie morsels, and triple cooked home made fries.....

You may have guessed the Bride's not in charge in the kitchen tonight. 😂

Go for it Mick, nothing better than a deep-fried salty feast, one of the best things about living alone is having what you want when you want. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mickep said:

To all the low or no carb foodies here look away now. 😉 

Marathon spring roll, home made porker dimmie morsels, and triple cooked home made fries.....

You may have guessed the Bride's not in charge in the kitchen tonight. 😂

317147030_546657007475061_4043880725786612587_n.jpg

317004039_1427234337685461_1839258106221980712_n.jpg

🤣 they’ll go a treat on top of a few beers !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight's entree, I had to use up the rest of the Whiting Fillets from last night, so I thought, Seafood night. 🐟

20221127_184642.thumb.jpg.a2234114f5332c09418ea76b76307c53.jpg

Beautiful stuff Phil - home made cocktail sauce? Don’t they call it Mary Rose sauce?

• Like 1