Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

With all the hamburgers on show I thought I had better post mine up.  Yes I ate two of these “Buster Burgers” so named after a camping trip years ago when my mates reckon they were real hunger busters.  Afterwards tried to kill a keg a Leigh’s Lager – yes pure gluttony I know.

Buster Burgers:

Woolworth large Brioche hamburger buns lightly toasted then buttered and drowned in smoky BBQ sauce, 125 g beef patties cooked slow and low, hamburger cheese, bacon, fried egg, tomato and cos lettuce.

For the patties I use 1 x cup of bread crumbs or panko crumbs mixed in with 1 x finely chopped brown onion, 2 x heaped tablespoons of crushed garlic and 1 x level tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.  Leave the bread crumbs stirred in this mix for a couple of hours to absorb the all the garlic/onion flavours.

Then add 500 g lean beef mince, half a cup of freshly chopped parsley (flat leaf or continental) and 1 beaten egg to help bind it all together.  Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and really work the meat into the mix, then make 4 large patties.  Separate each with cling wrap and leave these in the fridge for another 24 hours as this really brings out the flavours.

Buster Burger #2 - resized.png

Buster Buger #1 - resized.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

For the patties I use

Aussie style!

42 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Just beef and salt and pepper

USA!

Both have merits for sure.

I tried the USA style recently and was REALLY surprised at how well it works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

You got it mate, USA style 😁

Just don't try to explain to an American the benefits of beetroot 🙄

They look good CC.  Yep we had one of those Tupperware burger thingamajigs and used it for years.  Used to add raw onion rings beetroot and pineapple to our burgers but they were just a bit messy in the end. 

We morphed away from raw onion rings to BBQ onion and then to caramelized onion for our burgers but now find when we incorporate the onion into the Pattie it’s nicer and neater.  We don’t try to emulate a USA burger at all just try to make a super tasty hunger buster for the staving hordes.

Lately I have been incorporating a small grated zucchini and a carrot as well into the patties to make them into a sort of vegie burger.  They are very nice as well.

Mmm, might have to do some of these soon.

• Like 6

Cheers all above - great Burger stories... love it! Gold!

Here a bit of a 'Mixed Grill' story that sorta comes outta trying to use stuff up - and also - yeah the pisssssdrinking legends also when they came over dropped over a whole Eye Fillet which woulda shoulda coulda been Barbied up on the day... but they drank way too much and didn't want to eat... surprise surprise (I was doing the driving and had a festive fun arvo)... but were happy w loadsa AG and a few spirituosen including Kraaaken Frangelico and Jäger 😆

My Rye n Sunflower Bread... Grill including Beef Lamb Chook Bacon and nice chilli-capsi relish... 

image.thumb.png.9b847128effe32aa232df5381c0290dd.png

Yeah the Beef Eye Fillet was just out and out legendary from little local village butcher...

image.thumb.png.d5115c4eee6a537c66c60776fc12c001.png

And quite nice w Rye ; )

image.thumb.png.d9a26d953d36a9b4cdc2e1355ac893ef.png 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Cheers all above - great Burger stories... love it! Gold!

Here a bit of a 'Mixed Grill' story that sorta comes outta trying to use stuff up - and also - yeah the pisssssdrinking legends also when they came over dropped over a whole Eye Fillet which woulda shoulda coulda been Barbied up on the day... but they drank way too much and didn't want to eat... surprise surprise (I was doing the driving and had a festive fun arvo)... but were happy w loadsa AG and a few spirituosen including Kraaaken Frangelico and Jäger 😆

My Rye n Sunflower Bread... Grill including Beef Lamb Chook Bacon and nice chilli-capsi relish... 

image.thumb.png.9b847128effe32aa232df5381c0290dd.png

Yeah the Beef Eye Fillet was just out and out legendary from little local village butcher...

image.thumb.png.d5115c4eee6a537c66c60776fc12c001.png

And quite nice w Rye ; )

image.thumb.png.d9a26d953d36a9b4cdc2e1355ac893ef.png 

All of that looks awesome Pezzza mate!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

@iBooz2 @Cheap Charlie.  @Classic Brewing Co.  @beach_life

all of your burgers look the business fellas 👍

Must admit though, if the damned thing is so high you can’t eat the b*stard

You would need a big mouth 🤣 The last time I had a burger on the road when I was travelling it was awful, dripping with fat, I could hardly eat it, but I must admit our Pubs & Craft Breweries do a great job. Home-made burgers are the best though. 🍔

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I use a burger press to compress the mince, no binders, turns out great and doesn't fall apart. Just beef and salt and pepper.

Nothing wrong with those little rippers mate, might have to give this a crack. 

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Here a bit of a 'Mixed Grill' story

Pezza, love me mixed grills. Especially love a good pub mixey - if you can ever find one that is. Us city slickers have to head to the bush if you want one these days.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

Pezza, love me mixed grills. Especially love a good pub mixey - if you can ever find one that is. Have to head to the bush if you want one these days.

Yes, if you come a dinky-di Outback Aussie Pub you can still find them, I came across some beauties, ask for one now & they have never heard of them, they just point to what's on the overpriced menu.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2