Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

3 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Pork Mince Meat Loafer... plenty onion and fatty pork mince n a few other bits n pieces and then with a hot spicy sweet sour sticky glaze : )

And then served with loadsa salad for a yummy feeling low carb meal 😋

image.png.e8f0f51ea147ebc45136de76eec27271.png

Looks the Biz, Pezzy, Love a good meatloaf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Love a good meatloaf. 

Any hints there Michael @Mickep ?

I am a bit of a newcomer to a reasonable Loafer tho having done meatballers for years...

Had memories of beef loafers in the past being somewhat dry and rather ordinary... this fatty porker w loadsa onion and a  nice glaze is the biz - and would love to hear any good ideas mate : )

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Any hints there Michael @Mickep ?

Shizen! I must be in trouble - only the Mother called me Michael -when I was doing something bad. 😨

You took the words right outta my mouth  🎤- I was about to ask you the same thing mate. I've only ever done the Beefy with the sausage mince - so the porker is something I'd like to have a crack at - love the loafer cold too.

I've mainly used the old Women's weekly meatloaf recipe and adapted it over the years, probs not as healthy as your batch but it's really tasty. Little bit of a butchers sausage mince seems to be the key mate -works a treat at keeping it all in one place and seems to keep it moist too. 

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Shizen! I must be in trouble - only the Mother called me Michael -when I was doing something bad. 😨

You took the words right outta my mouth  🎤- I was about to ask you the same thing mate. I've only ever done the Beefy with the sausage mince - so the porker is something I'd like to have a crack at - love the loafer cold too.

I've mainly used the old Women's weekly meatloaf recipe and adapted it over the years, probs not as healthy as your batch but it's really tasty. Little bit of a butchers sausage mince seems to be the key mate -works a treat at keeping it all in one place and seems to keep it moist too. 

The best Meat Loaf is made with 50% Beef Mince & 50% Pork Mince IMO, there are many recipes but this link to Donna Hay's would be one of my favourites. Obviously you can Google it to death but the CLASSIC-TOMATO-BAKED MEATLOAF is very good.

Meatloaf | Donna Hay

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey Mick, I know what you mean my mother named me Phillip, but I liked Phil so that's what it is but when I got in trouble it was Phillip - I used to hear it a lot 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mickep said:
1 hour ago, beach_life said:

or you could just make your own sausage mix

There is that, good point. 

Do you have a recipe for that Beach L .......the bride whizzes the becheeses outta a good fat to meat ratio pork mince to make a paste and adds salt and pepper.

6 hours ago, Mickep said:

all in one place and seems to keep it moist too. 

Maaate the festive fatty Aaaalddddi Pork Mince cheapest I can find seems very very good together with lots of finely chopped nice fresh onions (seem to have got a good bag recently might be back in season) whatever festive spice and flavour mix yer choose... 180 seems the temp for these things... like 18 for brewing I suspect : )

and then baked in a form for a bit with alfoil on top -- then turn over with form still on - maybe that helps keep the moisture in - so baked sort've in the sleeve - and then only late do the reveal and glaze...

Is pure Gold cold and really nice re-fried as well 😆

I think as the Cookers point out above there are way way loadsa many ways of doing it I guess.... 

My gut feel is plenty of fat in the porker mince and then some veggies and the onions are gold...

Might try fine chopped Mushies as well next time 😋

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Steak night, Ribeye with pepper glaze, Stquinta,  this actually is dead, but cooked medium @ 67c, very nice. 🤣

20221123_191451.thumb.jpg.5e7ac66b6a7dd6e7358359bd83a312a0.jpg

You win Tatts Phil,? Geez, a rib eye - you'd need to mortgage the house mate to get that thing on the plate. Looks fantastic.

• Haha 5

I had dry beef curry and wife had pad see ew. AMAZING stuff.

Sounds awesome - we do this sun dried pork neck and then rehydrate it in thai curries - goes alright.

Love chilli, covered my pizza in it last night too,

🌶️😂 Love it! I think it's addictive.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

but used properly

definitely flavour enhances

BTW anytime I am around OC at work I get bad flashbacks to the primary exposure I had. 1.4% and the first thing I got was the taste.

WOW, 

something like this

1600782238_ScreenShot2022-11-24at3_29_03pm.png.1152282f8eb1b6486d63c3538978eeb8.png

• Haha 5