Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Making a brew; but it is lamb and veg soup, not beer. The meat is lamb soup bones and neck chops. We also add soup mix, pearl barley and green split peas. Last but not least come the vegies. This batch has potatoes, onion, leek, carrot, turnip swede, parsnip, celery and pumpkin. The soup will fill about 15 take-away food containers and into the freezer. Besides us, we keep Michael's mother and my father supplied.  We make a batch about every six weeks.

Soup vegies.jpg

Soup in the boiler.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Making a brew; but it is lamb and veg soup, not beer. The meat is lamb soup bones and neck chops. We also add soup mix, pearl barley and green split peas. Last but not least come the vegies. This batch has potatoes, onion, leek, carrot, turnip swede, parsnip, celery and pumpkin. The soup will fill about 15 take-away food containers and into the freezer. Besides us, we keep Michael's mother and my father supplied.  We make a batch about every six weeks.

Wow Jenny, if I could have given you 2 likes, I would have. That is the ultimate hearty soup for this time of the year or anytime IMO.

Everything there is old school, traditional & yummy, just the way mum & here mum would have made it. Absolutely awesome, enjoy.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

Soup vegies.jpg

Soup in the boiler.jpg

Looks lovely Jenny, a right winter warmer 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Roast Chook tonight, besides the oven warms up the kitchen, basic I know but with all of the trimmings it will be divine. 😋

It has garlic, lemon & rosemary stuck up it's a... I meant cavity 🤣 the smell is driving me to have a 🍷

20220625_180446.thumb.jpg.d3b5939a42829c204da8b23bf182572d.jpg

Love a roast chook Phil mate 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

My Mrs is full blood Croatian. Kidney Bean Soup with Smoked Ham Hock. Home grown radishes. Pretty tasty. 

20220626_022420.jpg

Looks great Paley! 
A few bowls of healthy stuff will do me a world  of good next week 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, MUZZY said:

@stquintoJeez mate, do you ever eat anything simple like a Vegemite sandwich? Every bloody meal seems to be restaurant quality.

🤣

Will be next week Muzz mate, nose to the grindstone and all that. Probably do a bit of a detox whilst I’m at it too 😳

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:51 AM, Mickep said:

You are on a roll mate, sensational! 

I had some very valuable assistance and honestly @Mickep @stquinto and @Classic Brewing Co and all you other gun foodies it was one of the all-round nicest meals I have had in ages...  everything just worked together so well... a few lovely AG n nibblies to start with, and then the TBoner 'n' Trimmings w Schulz Barossa Shiraz in an appropriate glass wowowowow truly truly amazing.  Makes life worth living.

And Dogger got the gristly bits and was also very happy 🥳

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Home made chips and potato cakes. Yum.

286036455_3081022388818253_918149983528559394_n (1).jpg

286279810_440366160776772_7750512907794102881_n (1).jpg

Have you converted to triple cooked yet mate? Beautiful colour, better colours than a Leonardo 😉

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Haha 2

Did not get around to posting this norty midnight snack after a good slurp of AGs and a few Rumbly Bumblies (Bundy Spiced Rums) with local (40km village) Baker Pie and some leftover chips a mate brought out for Fish and Chips the day before and stored cold and then fried-on-up... yeeeehaaa tasted great around midnight !?!

Certainly underlies the thrice fried principle @Mickep @stquinto

Mate saw them putting the chips into the fryer at the Fisho - and then I redid them.... haha great snacko in the middle of the night but I had to leave the kitch open all night with the smell of the oil : |

Hmmm seemed a good idea at the time

image.thumb.png.298d94bf17313eb2fcc86caf00b8bea9.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

leftover chips? is this some kind of regional thing? I've never heard of this

The best way to re-heat chips ( if you want to ) is to place them in a hot fry pan with a little oil, rest them on paper towel & season but I normally don't bother as I usually eat them the night before 🤣

• Haha 3