Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

10 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Last night’s dinner - veal Osso Bucco, with gremolata and a saffron risotto 

Nice @stquinto I noticed you used the correct meat - Veal Shanks, I have seen some make it with Lamb Chops & call it Osso Bucco !!

Good stuff - real comfort food. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Beautiful beautiful RD very yummy mate great stuff and re-using/upcycling an old weber that is gold.

Mate is that handle-bucket-w-holes-in-bottom a fire-starting-gadget for getting the charcoal beads going or?

image.thumb.png.9edd54d11ba42e9dd0c5e7bceee2deb9.png

Yes mate works really well couple of fire lighters at the bottom they catch fire then you tip them in. That’s just a cheap one for $9 and so far it works really well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

A simple lobster mornay for us on Thursday night.  A couple of small lobsters each and some chips to dip into the sauce.

Yes I know Phil, @Classic Brewing Co , I should've wiped down the edge of the plate but what the hell it was my plate anyway.  My wife's plate was perfectly dished up each time.

Lobster Mornay - resized.jpg

That looks a beaut @iBooz2…. What did you wash it down with?

55 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

A simple lobster mornay for us on Thursday night.  A couple of small lobsters each and some chips to dip into the sauce.

Yes I know Phil, @Classic Brewing Co , I should've wiped down the edge of the plate but what the hell it was my plate anyway.  My wife's plate was perfectly dished up each time.

Al you are excused as I know you would have adhered to this recipe.  🤣 Well done mate, looks nice.

Ingredients

1 live rock lobsters (about 1kg)
Lemon wedges and herbs to serve

Mornay Sauce
1 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
100g butter, coarsely chopped
⅓ cup plain flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp dijon mustard
50g Gruyère, coarsely grated
50g parmesan, coarsely grated
¼ cup chives, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
¼ cup dill, chopped

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Al you are excused as I know you would have adhered to this recipe.  🤣 Well done mate, looks nice.

Ingredients

1 live rock lobsters (about 1kg)
Lemon wedges and herbs to serve

Mornay Sauce
1 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
100g butter, coarsely chopped
⅓ cup plain flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp dijon mustard
50g Gruyère, coarsely grated
50g parmesan, coarsely grated
¼ cup chives, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
¼ cup dill, chopped

Just for the hell of it, here's the method. 🤣

Method

Preheat oven to 180C.

For mornay sauce, heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and sweat the onion and garlic until softened. Add flour and stir continuously until flour begins to turn sand-coloured, for another 2-3 minutes. Gradually add milk, stirring well between each addition, until incorporated and sauce is smooth. Stir in the mustard and cheese, season well to taste and stir in herbs.

Bring a very large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Boil lobsters until half-cooked (4 minutes). Drain, then using a sharp knife and kitchen scissors, split lobsters in half. Remove meat from tails and legs (leave head and tail shell intact), coarsely chop tail meat and transfer to a bowl. Set shells and meat aside separately until required.

Combine half the mornay sauce with the lobster meat and stir to combine, then spoon mixture into shells in a baking dish, spoon extra sauce over to cover well, then bake in the oven until mornay turns golden and bubbly (20-30 minutes).

Season to taste and serve hot with lemon wedges and a leaf salad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Lamb and mixed Mushroom Ragout ; )

Beverage: Any self-brewed Beer would go with this very nicely 🥳 

(Or failing that - small producer old vines Barossa Shiraz😋)

Nice & Healthy looking our peripatetic countryman. That's one way to look after yourself, good stuff. 🍎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Bunners?  Or where would you find such a piece of splendid equipment RD?

That was Bunnings there are other options but I just grabbed the cheap one in case it was a one barbie wonder but I think I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This bad boy will be going in the oven tonight - 1.8kg Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast with all the veg & Duck Fat roast potatoes.

@iBooz2 I will post a photo of the plated dish on a clean plate  🤣

20211011_160644.thumb.jpg.65a9f762946418acdf5140e26cd167e9.jpg

Well photo was a bit rushed & there was gravy but I had a couple of extra bodies to feed so that's the best I got & Al will pick me up on the plate wiping. 😬

20211011_200931.thumb.jpg.e0a2190702e189500be7585c9bdf6d32.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Simple today but hey, no disrespect for a Monday….

Bavette steak (that’s the French name for the cut, London Broil or Jiffy steak, depending on where you’re from). Doesn’t look pretty, but with some “echalottes” and a chilly chucked in it’ll do fine for Monday (or any other day TBH). The spuds are sautéed with “ail dans sa robe de chambre” , which translates as “garlic in her nighty”….  One track mind or what ?  (two track then)

🤣

25884882-8C59-49B4-B6B1-EF632FC53C67.jpeg

1089E4C3-E710-47B9-B87A-14B020C563CF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1